Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamu)
    sore
    What have you been upto? actually don’t answer that!!!!

I hope your soreness subsides soon.

ReputationRep:
    I am feeling somewhat confused, for my mind is conflicted over what I am to apply for at university. The choice for me is between History and English Literature... I am taking both currently alongside Geography and Food Technology for AS. The subject I am 'best' in is English lit as I am somewhat good at writing. Many people expect me to take it as it is the area I am strongest in. However, my true passion is history and it interests me much more than English lit, yet I am not as good at it in comparison.
    I really don't know, but a decision is going to have to be made soon...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhang-liao)
    I feel so disgustingly sick, we were looking at Oedipus Complex in Psychology today and I'm disgusted at the idea of castration and just now I was googling about it and then found out people in our day and age castrate others. I find it so disgusting just like FGM

:puke:
    OMFG EWWWW, I HAD TO CROSS MY LEGS AND I AM FEMALE XD.Like Gwhizz
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Bee3011)
    Yesh haha

They are but it's just that I'm not great at handling them so the person next to me has to suffer as I hold on to their arm and scream in their ear

It's a girl's sleepover so likely to be a romantic comedy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :rofl: I find that so funny, I'm kinda the same though

Fair enough :lol:

(Original post by lou 22)
    Has it started working any better today?
    Slightly better than before but its still slower than usual when I first opened it though :lol:

(Original post by moment of truth)
    Ahh cool. I don't know much about Edexcel Psychology. Psychodynamic is quite different to the rest of psychology that we study at A-Level but it is still interesting imo.

Im applying for Psychology have you got any idea of what you wanna do?

Good luck to you too!
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I guess so
    Edexcel AS Psychology is split into 2 units, one focussing on Cognitive (so Memory, Forgetting and Eyewitness Testimony are covered here) and Social Psychology (so Obeidence and Prejudice are covered here) and then the other unit focuses more on Gender Development explained by Psychodynamic, Biological and Learning Psychology :lol:

Aaah interesting
    What Universities are you applying to?

I'm considering doing a Chemistry-orientated degree hopefully a pure Chemistry or a Chemistry with Medinical Chemistry degree since I find it so interesting But if I wanna apply to my desired University (it being Imperial) I have to have Maths so I need to take a gap year to study A2 Maths and I've got to study AS Maths in Year 13 next year if I wanna apply since I don't have Maths :lol:

I know it sounds complicated :lol: Though I might take Geography AS and A2 during that gap year though
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    OMFG EWWWW, I HAD TO CROSS MY LEGS AND I AM FEMALE XD.Like Gwhizz
    Exactly. Its just so disgusting though :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Accomplished (as in: Mission Accomplished)! :horse:
    What have you accomplished?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Frustrated I've just found out that the ceramic angel statuette that I've sent my sister for Christmas actually haven't even reached her which means someone in the post office took it
    It

could just be lost in the post. Or it could have been intercepted like my parcel was, so hopefully it should get to here before the end of feb xD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bad_username)
    self-concious cause i just went underwear shopping :argh::innocent:
    Everybody needs them so you have to buy them so don’t feel concious .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous #2)
    Super nervous for my exam tomorrow.

But I have pizza so not all bad.

Goodluck huni pie .

Mmmm, pizza... mmmm lol what toppings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess_x)
    Happy, I've been happy lately which is always good..
    ...but I'm also a bit irritated because I'm supposed to be doing two essays tonight and they're going to take A.G.E.S
    Gooidluck with that, sounds like someone will be pulling an all nighter x.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfram Alpha)
    I feel great thank you! Doing chemistry revision which is turning out to be fun...

, you are the only person in the history of this thread that has ever said Chemistry revision is fun :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Accomplished (as in: Mission Accomplished)! :horse:
    And what mission may that be??? Knowing you it is adult stuff related .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bee3011)
    Good to have you back :yes::hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you :hugs:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr...)
    Relieved, tired and a little bit stressed
    What you stressed about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sollom)
    Super depressed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whats up Sollom? .

ReputationRep:
    How do you think it went hun? I hope you got it .
    I think it went okay but not sure. The next stage is the assessment centre! So nerve wrecking to wait

Haha its not funny for the person next to me because I have long nails as well so sometimes they get really hurt so no one would watch a horror film with me!

Atleast I'm not the only one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Haha, fair enough
    , has your tuesday been any better?

ReputationRep:
    Everybody needs them so you have to buy them so don’t feel concious .
    thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelmanator)
    I am feeling somewhat confused, for my mind is conflicted over what I am to apply for at university. The choice for me is between History and English Literature... I am taking both currently alongside Geography and Food Technology for AS. The subject I am 'best' in is English lit as I am somewhat good at writing. Many people expect me to take it as it is the area I am strongest in. However, my true passion is history and it interests me much more than English lit, yet I am not as good at it in comparison.
    I really don't know, but a decision is going to have to be made soon...

Firstly welcome , my advice would be go for your passion, because you don’t want to do English Lit and start to hate it. It is a tricky situation to be in, I personal would risk it and go for my slightly weaker subject but passion .

ReputationRep:

Slightly better than before but its still slower than usual when I first opened it though :lol:

Yeah I guess so
    Edexcel AS Psychology is split into 2 units, one focussing on Cognitive (so Memory, Forgetting and Eyewitness Testimony are covered here) and Social Psychology (so Obeidence and Prejudice are covered here) and then the other unit focuses more on Gender Development explained by Psychodynamic, Biological and Learning Psychology :lol:

Aaah interesting
    What Universities are you applying to?

I'm considering doing a Chemistry-orientated degree hopefully a pure Chemistry or a Chemistry with Medinical Chemistry degree since I find it so interesting But if I wanna apply to my desired University (it being Imperial) I have to have Maths so I need to take a gap year to study A2 Maths and I've got to study AS Maths in Year 13 next year if I wanna apply since I don't have Maths :lol:

I know it sounds complicated :lol: Though I might take Geography AS and A2 during that gap year though
    Typical bloody internet providers.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.