Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA Economics AS May 2015 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TJ24748)
    Anyone got the questions for the multiple choice section? I looked at that perso 's twittrr account and couldn't find anything!

Thanks in advance guys
    I have the pics but I don't know how I can get them too :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilymolly19)
    I have the pics but I don't know how I can get them too :/
    If you have the pics of the questions, can't you upload them on here?

ReputationRep:
    If you have the pics of the questions, can't you upload them on here?
    Check the other Econ2 thread. I have posted a dropbox link to the papers photos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KnoVolt)
    Yeah thanks a lot for that! Are you sure they are all the right answers because I am pretty sure Q24 is wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the Econ 1 questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennifer.tariah)
    surely if the trend growth increases that would decrease inflationary pressures as you are further away from maximum output?
    Indeed. As I said, investment would be more likely than any other type of expenditure to increase the trend rate growth and cause difficulties for the aggregate demand (or current growth) to catch up to the trend growth, thus not allowing for a positive output gap (at least, not as fast as before) that would, in turn, cause demand-pull inflation. And so, less inflationary pressure on the economy.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thanks a lot for that! Are you sure they are all the right answers because I am pretty sure Q24 is wrong?
    100% correct. And it was answer D "a reduction in welfare benefits". You can link supply side policies to incentive effects, and by lowering welfare benefits = more incentive to work.

ReputationRep:
    100% correct. And it was answer D "a reduction in welfare benefits". You can link supply side policies to incentive effects, and by lowering welfare benefits = more incentive to work.
    Why is it not A? Subsidies are a form of suplly side policies.

ReputationRep:
    This is the unit 1 paper ..... just thought to upload it since the exam is now done
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf AQA-ECON1-QP-Jun15 (1).pdf (566.9 KB, 834 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4amin)
    This is the unit 1 paper ..... just thought to upload it since the exam is now done
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.

If I wrote about living standards being raised as one of the main macroeconomics objectives in the context 2 essay, is that totally irrelvant?

Cheers
    It's not really one of the main objectives but if you linked it to increased imports and the balance of payments deteriorating then perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundary predictions for unit 1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luis Suarez)
    It's not really one of the main objectives but if you linked it to increased imports and the balance of payments deteriorating then perhaps.
    Ok thanks for the reply. So employment isn't a main macro objective either?

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks for the reply. So employment isn't a main macro objective either?
    It is. The main macroeconomic objectives are:

Good GDP growth
    Low unemployment
    Low and stable inflation
    A balance in the current account
    A balance in the budget

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renzhi10122)
    It is. The main macroeconomic objectives are:

Good GDP growth
    Low unemployment
    Low and stable inflation
    A balance in the current account
    A balance in the budget
    Aren't employment and living standards related or relevant to eachother then?

ReputationRep:
    Aren't employment and living standards related or relevant to eachother then?
    Hmm, perhaps, but I wouldn't say it was a macroeconomic objective (it isn't really economics). It's more of a government objective perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renzhi10122)
    Hmm, perhaps, but I wouldn't say it was a macroeconomic objective (it isn't really economics). It's more of a government objective perhaps?
    Yeahh I understand you now. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh I understand you now. Thanks!
    No problem. I'm not really that certain myself, but it's still a nice point to mention in an essay.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it not A? Subsidies are a form of suplly side policies.
    I would think of it this way, subsidising on essential goods won't increase LRAS, nor would it provide incentive effects. Whereas D does

ReputationRep:
    I would think of it this way, subsidising on essential goods won't increase LRAS, nor would it provide incentive effects. Whereas D does
    This is bothering me. I can't remember what I put!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.