Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callumbarltrop)
    Hi all,

I have finally managed to get hold of all of the June 2014 papers and I have created a zip folder containing them all.

Feel free to distribute them round.

Callum
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-E...ew?usp=sharing

I cant seem to open it? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggsterminateMe)
    Oh wow!! Thank you!!! This has helped me a lot. I really didn't understand the mark scheme. Which paper was it from?
    I'm afraid I couldn't tell you, even if I wanted to! Our teacher simply gave us a bundle of past paper questions to try and this was in it! It didn't mention the year Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anni101)
    and can someone also clarify the relationship between surroundings with temp and deltaH
    Entropy change of the surroundings (delta S.surr) = -delta H in joules / temperature in Kelvins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diamond Crafter)
    I'm afraid I couldn't tell you, even if I wanted to! Our teacher simply gave us a bundle of past paper questions to try and this was in it! It didn't mention the year Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    Lol that's the same case with me.

ReputationRep:
    Entropy change of the surroundings (delta S.surr) = -delta H in joules / temperature in Kelvins.

yeh thanks as in what happens entropy change of surroundings as temp increases/decreases and what happens to delta h if temp increases decreases
    cos its been asked in past papers before and there are always different replies

ReputationRep:
    Great help isn't it? How are you revising for F335, then? Just past papers?

ReputationRep:
    Great help isn't it? How are you revising for F335, then? Just past papers?
    Yup, I've finished the content but It's not exactly going to stick unless I do past papers. Obviously I'm getting a lot of questions wrong, So I go over the question in depth, ask my friends, TSR and just memories some mark scheme answers.

You?

ReputationRep:
    is there an unofficial mark scheme out yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anni101)
    yeh thanks as in what happens entropy change of surroundings as temp increases/decreases and what happens to delta h if temp increases decreases
    cos its been asked in past papers before and there are always different replies
    I haven't encountered a question where they ask what happens to delta H if temperature increases or decrease, so I'd have to look at what the mark scheme was saying. I would imagine that if the entropy change of the surroundings was constant then as temperature increases delta H would increase too and vice versa.

In terms of the delta S.surr, I would just use the equation to work it out. In theory as temperature increases the entropy change of the surroundings decrease and vice versa.
    In terms of WHY it does this, I haven't read into. (I don't think we'll need to know this for our exams ~ she says hopefully).

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I've finished the content but It's not exactly going to stick unless I do past papers. Obviously I'm getting a lot of questions wrong, So I go over the question in depth, ask my friends, TSR and just memories some mark scheme answers.

You?
    That's exactly my preferred method of revision and just full on engraving the reactions and conditions into my head. (Saw the reactions and conditions song you made on the F335 thread - billiant )
    But I'm also trying to think all the different things OCR can pull out on one topic - i.e. more application-y.

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly my preferred method of revision and just full on engraving the reactions and conditions into my head. (Saw the reactions and conditions song you made on the F335 thread - billiant )
    But I'm also trying to think all the different things OCR can pull out on one topic - i.e. more application-y.
    Lol thanks. Yh I have a feeling, since this is the last paper before the new specification starts, they'll probably make it pretty challenging.
    I was saying earlier how, it would make my life eadier if majority of the paper was easy calculations mixed in with a few reaction questions and then one easy NMR question. (My dream paper)

ReputationRep:
    Lol thanks. Yh I have a feeling, since this is the last paper before the new specification starts, they'll probably make it pretty challenging.
    I was saying earlier how, it would make my life eadier if majority of the paper was easy calculations mixed in with a few reaction questions and then one easy NMR question. (My dream paper)
    Just think, it'll be a whole lot worse now that they're taking out AS's as well.
    That would be beyond luxury but I sincerely doubt, as in I have never doubted something more in my life, that they'll give us a nice paper.

ReputationRep:
    what was the answer to the question that asked about the reaction of Fe(II) ions with hydroxide ions? I wrote the [Fe(H20)(OH)2] equations and said it would go from a green solution to green precipitate... is that right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chem97531)
    what was the answer to the question that asked about the reaction of Fe(II) ions with hydroxide ions? I wrote the [Fe(H20)(OH)2] equations and said it would go from a green solution to green precipitate... is that right?
    Is blue green ok ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how to do the pH questions where you work out a PH when half the amount of sodium hydroxide is added?
    For example 20cm of 0.015 strong acid is mixed with 10cm of 0.015 NaOH , work out the pH
    The answer is 2.3 but i dont know how to get there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingcobra007)
    Does anyone know how to do the pH questions where you work out a PH when half the amount of sodium hydroxide is added?
    For example 20cm of 0.015 strong acid is mixed with 10cm of 0.015 NaOH , work out the pH
    The answer is 2.3 but i dont know how to get there?
    sameee I dont knwo how they got their either

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any general proton NMR tips? I can never work out structures from them! Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know all the reactions we actulally need to know?
    I ask because the revision guide has loads but on the specification there isnt that many?

ReputationRep:
    Hey eggy so sorry about now replying sooner been very busy, how are you feeling about tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemistrykid123)
    Hey eggy so sorry about now replying sooner been very busy, how are you feeling about tomorrow?
    I really don't know. I understand more then last year and yet I don't. *Le Sigh*

How you feeling?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.