Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    anyone do hobsons choice and resistance or either??

nicee paper for those two thankfully

ReputationRep:
    anyone else spot an error in the extract fr the a view form the bridge one? how do i tell the exam board (error was in the extract. rodolfo was called a girl, ("she walked forward" was under her part) i marked it in highlighter though so i think they might notice. i dunno.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen998)
    did anyone do othello or aab? how did you find it?
    I did About a Boy, the extract was alright but I couldn't remember any quotes for the essay! What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Did Heroes and An Inspector Calls. Such good, easy questions. Couldn't of asked for a better exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mcfly44)
    I did About a Boy, the extract was alright but I couldn't remember any quotes for the essay! What about you?
    I thought I did well in the extract question yeah I answered the will and Rachel question and I used I few quotes from the extract in my essay. Overall I'm super happy with how it went!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by osamabinfishing)
    How did everyone find A View from the Bridge and Lord of the Flies?
    I still can't believe that they asked about Roger... Why him when they had Jack and SImon who they hadn't asked questions on yet :/

And AVFTB was ridiculous... the character question was on Marco but it was a 'Give Advice to the charcter' one and their impossible so I was forced to write about love

So annoyed

The heroes section was great, i think?!? The extract was great and I ended up doing the theme about abusing power. I only talked about Larry though, which might not be good because I probably could have talked about other characters.. but I ended up doing that question because I find Larry easier. Could I still get a good mark on that if I talked about Larry in great detail? I would've done Francis but honestly there would've been too much to talk about for me. Also, the heroes questions didn't ask us to link it to context, so did the question need context?? Because OMAM and also the other text I did, A Taste of Honey, asked for context directly??

ReputationRep:
    you didnt need to talk about social and historical context for heroes, only an inspector calls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauzy00)
    Did Heroes and An Inspector Calls. Such good, easy questions. Couldn't of asked for a better exam!
    I did the same! They were really good questions? Just worried that I didn't put enough context in but LITERATURE'S FINISHED FOREVER!!
    Wasn't expecting Francis to come up to be honest...

ReputationRep:
    i did the history boys which was great, you basically just had to write a review... and lord of the flies which i struggled with a bit as i was struggling to make m sentences make sense about how Ralph and the conch represented civilization and how Jack was the first to represent savagery. But overall i think it went good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcticNeighbour)
    I did the same! They were really good questions? Just worried that I didn't put enough context in but LITERATURE'S FINISHED FOREVER!!
    Wasn't expecting Francis to come up to be honest...
    Neither was I, he was a massive shock!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the average grade boundaries for English lit, coursework included? I was aiming for a B but think I might have done well enough for an A

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the average grade boundaries for English lit, coursework included? I was aiming for a B but think I might have done well enough for an A
    Well.. I know Paper 1 is 35%
    Paper 2 40%
    and C/W is 25%

ReputationRep:
    I thought I did well in the extract question yeah I answered the will and Rachel question and I used I few quotes from the extract in my essay. Overall I'm super happy with how it went!
    Ahh I did the Marcus question, didn't think of using the extract quotes if I had done Will and Rachel. Well done!

did anyone else do the theme of power and abusing power for heroes? if so, what did you write about other than larry lasalle?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I did enough to get an A overall for heroes and inspector calls. I chose the question about women in the 20th century and started linking it to shiela and how she contrasts with birling also the historical context but I didn't speak about any other characters in the novel. Will I be marked down for this? I am just so concerned. I need a secure A overall in literature because I am picking it for A levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystic mauve)
    I don't know if I did enough to get an A overall for heroes and inspector calls. I chose the question about women in the 20th century and started linking it to shiela and how she contrasts with birling also the historical context but I didn't speak about any other characters in the novel. Will I be marked down for this? I am just so concerned. I need a secure A overall in literature because I am picking it for A levels.
    I focused quite a lot on Sheila. I included some points on Mr Birling, Mrs Birling and the Inspector however I wanted to talk about Eric and Gerald's attitude as well but I was worried that I would leave myself enough time to answer the heroes question. Hopefully it won't effect the grade that much as long as you've evaluated your points well. I'm taking it for A Level too so let's hope for the best

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofiacov;[url="tel:56130233")
    56130233[/url]]I focused quite a lot on Sheila. I included some points on Mr Birling, Mrs Birling and the Inspector however I wanted to talk about Eric and Gerald's attitude as well but I was worried that I would leave myself enough time to answer the heroes question. Hopefully it won't effect the grade that much as long as you've evaluated your points well. I'm taking it for A Level too so let's hope for the best

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't talk about them for the same reason, as long as we wrote enough for Sheila's attitudes to women and also Birlings I'm sure we will be fine. The extract question was kind of hard, I basically skipped the middle section and focused on the beginning and the end and how the mood and atmosphere contrast each other because I couldn't find any other relevant points. Oh well, what's done now is done let's not think too much about it. Hopefully we get the grades that we want. Be sure to tell me how you did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystic mauve)
    I didn't talk about them for the same reason, as long as we wrote enough for Sheila's attitudes to women and also Birlings I'm sure we will be fine. The extract question was kind of hard, I basically skipped the middle section and focused on the beginning and the end and how the mood and atmosphere contrast each other because I couldn't find any other relevant points. Oh well, what's done now is done let's not think too much about it. Hopefully we get the grades that we want. Be sure to tell me how you did
    Yeah, the extract question was quite annoying because of how long it was so I think I missed some parts out too, but I don't think all of it was relevant anyway so it shouldn't really matter too much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do the About A Boy question on Marcus? I talked about all the characters who influence him and then came to a conclusion at the end but others chose one person and wrote the whole essay on their influence only

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 5, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.