Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowers87)
    Congratulations! me too What campus are you allocated?
    Walsall campus!!! And congratulations to you too☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessicasrowlands)
    Walsall campus!!! And congratulations to you too☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ah i'll be at burton campus for year 1. weve got a fb group for walsall uni if you want to join it!

Sept 2016 Children's Nursing - Wolverhampton Uni

https://www.facebook.com/groups/973305332715284/

ReputationRep:
    I have... it's 17th Feb, yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yana06)
    Has anyone else just been offered an interview for UWE?
    I have one on the 17th feb, im so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's the best place to go considering the surrounding hospitals, so I think I'm going to firm it not sure what to do about accommodation though!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChildNursing13)
    Congrats! When did you applied and get were you offer an interview? I'm still waiting to hear back
    I applied mid October- heard back at the very end of November. I think had my interview on the 8th December, and my offer came through last Tuesday- so patience is everything. I didn't ring up asking what was going or email I just waited patiently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethey180)
    I think it's the best place to go considering the surrounding hospitals, so I think I'm going to firm it not sure what to do about accommodation though!?!
    Ah I'm exactly the same! My main reason for choosing was the hospitals! They have said accommodation will be open to apply for in October for March intake so I've had a look but will wait til then obviously to apply

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laugraham)
    Just wondering if anyone knows where to park at Chester uni as the letter says you can not park on the car park, thanks
    There's a car park just by the Riverside Campus, it's not a uni car park so you do have to pay

ReputationRep:
    Done the LSB admissions test today, It was sooo easy. Felt like I was doing my SATS

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. So I've received 2 unsuccessful this week from York and Napier 😔 I have an invited to a testing day at Middlsex next Saturday. I'm in two minds about going. The cost of going down on the train for a day is £100+ and if I'm successful I'll have to travel down again, which would mean another £100+. I just don't have that kind of money. I thought about going down by megabus but the station is on the other side of London. It'll take me an hour to travel through London to Middlesex. I also think I need to be there at 10am an hour before the exam and I think that would be impossible especially in a town I don't know...

I have an interview for Teeside and waiting on Northumbria. I don't know if I should just bank on those 2?

For anyone who has done an interview at Teeside and got an offer. Is the interview process hard?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. So I've received 2 unsuccessful this week from York and Napier 😔 I have an invited to a testing day at Middlsex next Saturday. I'm in two minds about going. The cost of going down on the train for a day is £100+ and if I'm successful I'll have to travel down again, which would mean another £100+. I just don't have that kind of money. I thought about going down by megabus but the station is on the other side of London. It'll take me an hour to travel through London to Middlesex. I also think I need to be there at 10am an hour before the exam and I think that would be impossible especially in a town I don't know...

I have an interview for Teeside and waiting on Northumbria. I don't know if I should just bank on those 2?

For anyone who has done an interview at Teeside and got an offer. Is the interview process hard?
    All I would say is don't loose hope! I got 2 unsuccessful and then just felt deflated by it all but have since had an offer.

I haven't heard back again from Teesside yet but have had an interview. Obviously I don't know whether I have an offer or not but the interview was very quick really..20 mins maths (you had to get 12 out of 15) and a 20 min English scenario task. After this, if you've passed maths it's just a short 10 minute interview.

Don't worry and best of luck!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Sorry I meant lose not loose*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kjade95)
    All I would say is don't loose hope! I got 2 unsuccessful and then just felt deflated by it all but have since had an offer.

I haven't heard back again from Teesside yet but have had an interview. Obviously I don't know whether I have an offer or not but the interview was very quick really..20 mins maths (you had to get 12 out of 15) and a 20 min English scenario task. After this, if you've passed maths it's just a short 10 minute interview.

Don't worry and best of luck!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you. Their maths questions look doable. I've tried the practice questions. Is the English scenario hard? Where have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. Their maths questions look doable. I've tried the practice questions. Is the English scenario hard? Where have you applied for?
    Yeah I panicked a bit and made a silly mistake but luckily noticed before the end! Noo.. I can't remember exactly what it was but it's obvious what's wrong with the situation and what to comment on. I've applied for Northumbria (offer for March 17), York (haven't heard yet), Teesside (had interview, Bradford and Huddersfield (which I was rejected from)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allym123)
    The maths was harder than I thought it would be but I don't think my nerves helped - had a bit of a blank when I first looked at the paper!

The English was fine and the group and one to one interview went as well as I could have hoped but it's really hard to tell if they will offer you a place or not because there are so many people there and you can't predict what they see in you!

I feel confident that I did the best I could, I just hope it was enough! Time will tell, the waiting is just the worst!
    Well good luck anyway! Keep me updated on the outcome 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

If you google split my ticket you can find a money saving expert page that will calculate you a cheaper ticket (hopefully) I saved £60 last year. On the exact same journey. Worth a shot of you want to keep your options open

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I panicked a bit and made a silly mistake but luckily noticed before the end! Noo.. I can't remember exactly what it was but it's obvious what's wrong with the situation and what to comment on. I've applied for Northumbria (offer for March 17), York (haven't heard yet), Teesside (had interview, Bradford and Huddersfield (which I was rejected from)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hope I'm ok when I go. Is there a packing area for visitors do you know? Did Bradford and Huddlesfield let you know why you've been rejected? For York my personal statement wasn't strong enough. You're so lucky to have an offer already. Just hoping Northumbria will get back to me with some good news. Was the interview day quite relaxed there? And what was your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    I hope I'm ok when I go. Is there a packing area for visitors do you know? Did Bradford and Huddlesfield let you know why you've been rejected? For York my personal statement wasn't strong enough. You're so lucky to have an offer already. Just hoping Northumbria will get back to me with some good news. Was the interview day quite relaxed there? And what was your first choice?
    At Teesside I just parked in the captain cook car park and walked to the uni (took 5 mins). They said it was because of my personal statement not being strong enough. I had Huddersfield in mind but just wanted a place, of the 3 left it was Northumbria so I'm super happy! I know how you're feeling.. The wait is horrible! It took 3 months 3 days from applying to getting an offer but felt like about 4 years haha! You'll hear soon Northumbria was relaxed yeah, a scenario literacy thing, a group interview and then individual interview. Then it's pot luck which intake you get if you get a place... Sorry for waffling on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    At Teesside I just parked in the captain cook car park and walked to the uni (took 5 mins). They said it was because of my personal statement not being strong enough. I had Huddersfield in mind but just wanted a place, of the 3 left it was Northumbria so I'm super happy! I know how you're feeling.. The wait is horrible! It took 3 months 3 days from applying to getting an offer but felt like about 4 years haha! You'll hear soon Northumbria was relaxed yeah, a scenario literacy thing, a group interview and then individual interview. Then it's pot luck which intake you get if you get a place... Sorry for waffling on!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much for replying. I think mine would have been the same for York and Napier. Just hope I get good news from Northumbria because then that's 2 chances of getting a place 😁 Last year when I applied for Northumbria they did not get back to me with an interview until the end of April. I couldn't make it because I was away. How many questions do they ask you? Someone said 10 for Teeside. That's a lot 😁

I don't mind which intake it is just as long as I get a place 😊

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for replying. I think mine would have been the same for York and Napier. Just hope I get good news from Northumbria because then that's 2 chances of getting a place 😁 Last year when I applied for Northumbria they did not get back to me with an interview until the end of April. I couldn't make it because I was away. How many questions do they ask you? Someone said 10 for Teeside. That's a lot 😁

I don't mind which intake it is just as long as I get a place 😊
    Don't worry it's fine! ah I'm sure you'll get an interview.. It's confusing when they say you don't have a strong personal statement and then get interviews elsewhere!! Urm I think Teesside asked me about 5, but it's probably slightly different to everyone as they seem to like go off your answer from the first question as to what they then ask yeah that's it! Which is your first choice? Let me know how you get on anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.