Turn on thread page Beta

Dundee Medicine 2016 Entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I've been away on holiday for a few weeks but found out I got into Medicine while I was away. I am a graduate applicant and will be 25 by the time I start the course and this was my 5th time applying. I very nearly didn't apply last year - I left it until the end of August to register for the UKCAT and start my UCAS application as in the last 4 applications I have never made it to interview stage so to those who don't know what to do, please don't give up!

I have just firmed my place but unsure what to do about accommodation. I have been in halls before at Uni and don't know whether I should go for a flat or halls this time around.

Congratulations to all those who have offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayL)
    Hello!

I've been away on holiday for a few weeks but found out I got into Medicine while I was away. I am a graduate applicant and will be 25 by the time I start the course and this was my 5th time applying. I very nearly didn't apply last year - I left it until the end of August to register for the UKCAT and start my UCAS application as in the last 4 applications I have never made it to interview stage so to those who don't know what to do, please don't give up!

I have just firmed my place but unsure what to do about accommodation. I have been in halls before at Uni and don't know whether I should go for a flat or halls this time around.

Congratulations to all those who have offers!
    Congratulations on your offer and well done for your persistence I am a graduate applicant too (I am 26) and cannot wait to start. This is my 2nd time applying, I never made it to the interview stage before either!

I was thinking about halls too but I have decided to rent privately, hopefully with some other medics.

You should join the Facebook group if you haven't already

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss.Hannah)
    Congratulations on your offer and well done for your persistence I am a graduate applicant too (I am 26) and cannot wait to start. This is my 2nd time applying, I never made it to the interview stage before either!

I was thinking about halls too but I have decided to rent privately, hopefully with some other medics.

You should join the Facebook group if you haven't already

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! A big congratulations to you too!

I will do that just now, thanks for the heads up.

Can't wait to get back to Uni and learning again. I really have missed it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayL)
    Thank you! A big congratulations to you too!

I will do that just now, thanks for the heads up.

Can't wait to get back to Uni and learning again. I really have missed it!
    Definitely agree with looking forward to getting into learning again. I've been out for nearly half a decade :rolleyes: trying to ease myself in with some light anatomy just to get the old grey matter warmed up, and no joke it's actually lots of fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prospectivemed56)
    Definitely agree with looking forward to getting into learning again. I've been out for nearly half a decade :rolleyes: trying to ease myself in with some light anatomy just to get the old grey matter warmed up, and no joke it's actually lots of fun!
    Glad I'm not the only one! Its been 4 years for me. And I'm with you there! Anatomy has always been my favourite to learn. Happy reading!

ReputationRep:
    I am interested in Dundee.
    What do you think the minimum A levels and GCSEs are to get in?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    i want to do medicine in Dundee but i am only doing 3 highers in s5. any chance of me getting in?
    doing one A.H and 3 highers next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali.R99)
    i want to do medicine in Dundee but i am only doing 3 highers in s5. any chance of me getting in?
    doing one A.H and 3 highers next year
    Is that because your school only allows you to do 3 highers in S5? If so talk to the admissions about it otherwise I don't think it would be possible as it states that you have to get 5 highers in one sitting. You could always take a gap year if you have 5 highers and 3 advanced highers by the end of S6 and then apply. Or if nothing else is possible then do another degree and apply to medicine as a post graduate. I am sure somebody else on this forum will give you better advice

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What is the link to the Facebook group for offer holders?

ReputationRep:
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/111202...?ref=bookmarks

ReputationRep:
    Have Dundee sent out all the offers?

So if someone had an interview like 2 weeks ago are they not getting a place?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

Congratulations on your offers into the uni! I was a differed entry offer holder last year, starting school this year. Have you all received any info on when the term starts and such??

ReputationRep:
    Where have you guys applied for accommodation and why? I feel like i am a bit late to the party but better late than never right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinlx127)
    Where have you guys applied for accommodation and why? I feel like i am a bit late to the party but better late than never right?
    I've gone for west park in the end. It was the cheapest, the double bed means that my partner can visit and stay for a few days (bit tricky in a single bed!), and the biggest downside (distance from the university/hospital) doesn't really phase me - my current bike commute is 6.5 miles each way, before that it was 8 ... a mile to uni and a mile and a half to the hospital is easy by comparison!

I get the feeling that the west park villa flats are more like studios with a shared kitchen than an actual 'shared flat', so I don't know how that will work out socially (you can't hang out on the sofa and watch TV together ... because there is no sofa!). But I'm firmly of the opinion that your social life is what you make it, and the lack of a sofa will only stand in your way if you let it.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got offers for accomodation yet? And where was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medap123)
    Has anyone got offers for accomodation yet? And where was it?
    West Park Villas room 156 😊

ReputationRep:
    West Park Villas room 156 😊
    when did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    when did you apply?
    On the 27th of April ... the offer came through the same day, with a deadline to accept/reject of 1 week.

I did however request 'quiet halls with other matures or medics', and I suspect they are sorting through the special requests first before allocating more generally. There's only one other person on the general Fresher's facebook group who has got a room yet, as far as I can tell, and she's also a mature and will be next door to me!

ReputationRep:
    On the 27th of April ... the offer came through the same day, with a deadline to accept/reject of 1 week.

I did however request 'quiet halls with other matures or medics', and I suspect they are sorting through the special requests first before allocating more generally. There's only one other person on the general Fresher's facebook group who has got a room yet, as far as I can tell, and she's also a mature and will be next door to me!
    I asked for that also, i hope i dont get put somewhere like belmont tower or something because I applied late (5th May) (choices were belmont flats, heathfield, westpark flat, villa and belmont tower as a final choice purely because they needed one)

ReputationRep:

I asked for that also, i hope i dont get put somewhere like belmont tower or something because I applied late (5th May) (choices were belmont flats, heathfield, westpark flat, villa and belmont tower as a final choice purely because they needed one)
    Hey guys, there is still time for applying for accommodation right?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.