Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpofsuburbia)
    I sent off my application on September 15th to Salford (Journalism and English), and UCA Epsom and BIMM Manchester (both Music Journalism) and I haven't heard anything back yet! I got an email from UCA about my applicant portal (which I suppose means my application is being reviewed?)- that was mid October and I've heard nothing else! Has anyone else applied to these unis/these courses?
    I'm applying to Salford to do the exact same course!

ReputationRep:
    Exeter contacted me today asking for clarification with something on my UCAS form which suggests they were making a decision, shame as they took a whole week to reply to my email last time so will probably delay receiving a decision!

ReputationRep:
    Chester, Liverpool John Moores and leeds becket are pretty quick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazatron3000)
    What subject?
    Geography.

ReputationRep:
    My friend got a conditional offer today from Liverpool university for Computer Science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthlessem)
    Waiting on Cambridge, Imperial, and UCL - I applied around 15th october for all of them and I'm getting slightly worried now..
    I haven't heard back from Imperial and UCL either! What course have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misstac)
    I haven't heard back from Imperial and UCL either! What course have you applied for?
    Biological sciences for both. My friend who applied for engineering has already heard from Imperial about interviews and such, and is getting offers from other places, and here I am waiting :'( How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone get any offers from the University of Leeds? and how long did it take for you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really worried because my friend and I sent our applications off at the same time, but she's got three offers already and I've only had one acknowledgement email from Edinburgh. How long has it taken for people to get offers for Liverpool, Leeds, Manchester, Edinburgh and Aberdeen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamix)
    I'm really worried because my friend and I sent our applications off at the same time, but she's got three offers already and I've only had one acknowledgement email from Edinburgh. How long has it taken for people to get offers for Liverpool, Leeds, Manchester, Edinburgh and Aberdeen?
    It all depends for which course you have applied for, and the number of applications it usually receives. Because I've applied for Dentistry it's a longer wait for me. But don't worry! Liverpool from my experience is quite slow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fredseagulls)
    Warwick, York and Leeds all got back to me very quickly. Durham is taking its time, which is normal, as no one from my school has got an offer from there yet.
    What course did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dafydd888)
    It all depends for which course you have applied for, and the number of applications it usually receives. Because I've applied for Dentistry it's a longer wait for me. But don't worry! Liverpool from my experience is quite slow
    Yeah we applied for quite different courses, Pharmacology and Maths respectively. I haven't heard of anyone getting an offer for Pharmacology yet so that's kind of reassuring

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, they must be pretty smart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliot Owen)
    My friend got a conditional offer today from Liverpool university for Computer Science.
    Nice your friend must be insanely smart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by okkkthen)
    Sent my UCAS on the 4th October and got an offer from Portsmouth within the week. Also got an offer from Nott Trent this week. Got interview requests from Norwich and Oxford Brookes whilst Bournemouth has put me on their system. Applying to do Architecture.

Anyone got an interview with Oxford Brookes on Nov 11th?
    I have for architecture too! Do you know the structure of the interview?

ReputationRep:
    Kent and UEA and Lancaster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaraMiller)
    I have for architecture too! Do you know the structure of the interview?
    You have an interview on Wednesday too? And im not sure. When I went to the open day the other day the head of Architecture made it sound like it was him and one other just interviewing an applicant. Not sure though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthlessem)
    Waiting on Cambridge, Imperial, and UCL - I applied around 15th october for all of them and I'm getting slightly worried now..
    Do not worry! Cambridge will prob contact you third week in November...don't even think about it till then! You'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xavier617)
    Same thing here regarding Exeter :L Bath contacted me about my offer last week, so I'm still waiting on 4 other unis to get back to me
    Same here with Exeter...apparently they have just started giving out Arts offers but i'm just not gonna think about it for another couple of weeks! Won't make them come any faster!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xavier617)
    I'm waiting on Oxford, St Andrews, Exeter & Edinburgh... and my application was sent off before the 15/10/15 deadline... I'm even more worried xD best of luck matey
    I'm waiting for St Andrews and Exeter and i sent mine off before that deadline too if that helps!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.