Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0123456543210)
    Statistically, Leeds and Exeter make the most solicitors in their respective geographical areas, so they can't be that bad. Exeter actually makes more solicitors than Bristol in the south-west, but Bristol is more heavily represented in the London firms. Also, they seem to be the best non-LNAT universities.
    Oh interesting! In that case, what are you picking? I'm leaning towards Leeds as Exeter looks a bit lifeless haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmicsparrow)
    Oh interesting! In that case, what are you picking? I'm leaning towards Leeds as Exeter looks a bit lifeless haha
    I personally liked the look of Exeter because it seems to be quieter than Leeds, but Leeds is a nice student city and got links with many regional law firms. In addition to that, I am seriously considering Newcastle, so I guess I need to visit all of them to make up the decision.
    Btw http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/med...university.pdf seems like a reasonably accurate statistic on which universities are strongly represented in the different types of law firms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobkata)
    What about Manchester? Is it a good university for law? Statistically, Manchester stays above places like Warwick and is in top 5 for legal careers. Do you agree?
    Manchester is supposed to be good for Law. I have an offer from there Have you?

ReputationRep:
    What about Manchester? Is it a good university for law? Statistically, Manchester stays above places like Warwick and is in top 5 for legal careers. Do you agree?
    To be honest, I think that at such a level differences between universities are negligible, as one may be marginally better at one thing and another uni may be better in some other aspect. Unis that are in the RG but not in Oxbridge and London leagues seem to be pretty similar and seen as such by the majority of employers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connieiscrazy)
    Manchester is supposed to be good for Law. I have an offer from there Have you?
    I have an offer, too. What are your other choices?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I think that at such a level differences between universities are negligible, as one may be marginally better at one thing and another uni may be better in some other aspect. Unis that are in the RG but not in Oxbridge and London leagues seem to be pretty similar and seen as such by the majority of employers.
    Totally agree with you

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer, too. What are your other choices?
    Newcastle (unconditional offer), Durham, Nottingham and Oxford (still waiting for the last three). Wbu??

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle (unconditional offer), Durham, Nottingham and Oxford (still waiting for the last three). Wbu??
    Did you get an interview for Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    Haha I have an offer from Newcastle too. Also, still waiting for Durham My other choices are Sheffield (offer) and UCL (pending ) good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cholesta)
    Did you get an interview for Oxford?
    Yeah, I did, at St Hugh's

Haha I have an offer from Newcastle too. Also, still waiting for Durham My other choices are Sheffield (offer) and UCL (pending ) good luck

Good luck! I really want to hear back from Durham as it's my second choice after Oxford (so basically my first as Oxford is unlikely anyway )

ReputationRep:
    I personally liked the look of Exeter because it seems to be quieter than Leeds, but Leeds is a nice student city and got links with many regional law firms. In addition to that, I am seriously considering Newcastle, so I guess I need to visit all of them to make up the decision.
    Btw http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/med...university.pdf seems like a reasonably accurate statistic on which universities are strongly represented in the different types of law firms.
    Cheers for this! Sadly, I've got my heart set on Bristol and I'll be shattered once I get a rejection however with that being said, I've got the appreciate the fact that Leeds has given me and offer and it is still a great university with great graduate prospects.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for this! Sadly, I've got my heart set on Bristol and I'll be shattered once I get a rejection however with that being said, I've got the appreciate the fact that Leeds has given me and offer and it is still a great university with great graduate prospects.
    I am sure you will get into Bristol. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I did, at St Hugh's

Good luck 🍀Hope it's good news in January.

Good luck! I really want to hear back from Durham as it's my second choice after Oxford (so basically my first as Oxford is unlikely anyway )
    Good luck🍀Hope it's good news, in January.

ReputationRep:
    I am sure you will get into Bristol. Good luck!
    Likewise! Thank you very much! But I MESSED UP big time on the LNAT so not hoepful 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    Likewise! Thank you very much! But I MESSED UP big time on the LNAT so not hoepful 😂😂
    Most of the people I know who did LNAT felt like they didn't do well, so I think this may be due to the difficulty of the exam and because people weren't used to it. Anyway, Leeds seems like a great university so you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dodo15)
    I sent my ucas off the 20th October and did my LNAT 21st November and got my offer 9th December
    ooh thanks for that! Congratulations on your offer

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Law with French or French Law at KCL, Oxford, Exeter, Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Exeter - conditional AAA
    Glasgow - unconditional
    Oxford - Interview at university college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mon :))
    I applied for Law with French or French Law at KCL, Oxford, Exeter, Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Exeter - conditional AAA
    Glasgow - unconditional
    Why has everyone got an Exeter offer of AAA?! They gave me AAB 😂

ReputationRep:
    Why has everyone got an Exeter offer of AAA?! They gave me AAB 😂
    Im so jealous 😂 im doing Scottish advanced highers though so they may be weighted differently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mon :))

Exeter - conditional AAA
    Glasgow - unconditional
    Mateeeee we doing the same course

I got the same for Exeter, interview at Worcester College Oxford (what a bloody waste of time), AAA Nottingham, unconditional Birmingham and a scholarship off at KCL.

Big congrats to you, especially your unconditional and Oxford interview!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.