Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

"Shootings" reported in central Paris. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    I just read it in the Daily Mail online if that's any help?
    The daily mail is full of **** half the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Greek Minister has confirmed one terrorist came through greece as refugee in October

#Refugeeswelcome
    Just lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scrappy-coco)
    Source?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Le Monde

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valyrian)
    Actually it really really isn't.*

Although that report may prove to be inaccurate.

In fact it didn't say they were last nights terrorists.I just assumed it was.

*Most people who criticise the DM have at best only read a few copies.

( I'm a Times and occaisional Guardian reader I hasten to add)

ReputationRep:
    This is escalating. The last decade won't be a standard to refer to future attacks by anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Actually it really really isn't.*

Although that report may prove to be inaccurate.

In fact it didn't say they were last nights terrorists.I just assumed it was.

*Most people who criticise the DM have at best only read a few copies.

( I'm a Times and occaisional Guardian reader I hasten to add)
    I used to read daily mail everyday religiously when I was in sixth form and then I realised how stupid it was

ReputationRep:
    Another day, another multicultural tragedy. The grand social experiment must surely now be approaching an end, there's only so much people will stomach :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Greek Minister has confirmed one terrorist came through greece as refugee in October

#Refugeeswelcome
    At least Germany will probably stop their insane stance towards "refugees". Lefties will also shut up (for a week).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    At least Germany will probably stop their insane stance towards "refugees". Lefties will also shut up (for a week).
    Let's see the size of PEGIDA on Monday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    The reality of her arrogance and selfish wreckless actions should trouble her for a couple of days

ReputationRep:
    I used to read daily mail everyday religiously when I was in sixth form and then I realised how stupid it was
    Really. I'd love to to be able to ask more but it's off topic.

I will just say that of all the things I have seen the Mail be described as ,stupid is not one of them.

It's actually aimed at an intelligent middle class audience with a bias towards females and with interesting informative articles on subjects as diverse as health and history.

Are you sure you are referring to the paper rather than the website?

Because there's a big difference between the two.

The online model is clearly aimed at morons.

The paper is aimed at discerning,intelligent ,middle class women albeit with leanings to the right.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yulebook)

RIght-wing = "Why should I pay more in taxes for xxx?"

A few years ago I moved to newspapers like "The Times" or "Financial Times." because I preferred the culturally liberal style of these newspapers. I was looking for something economically centre but culturally left.

Now I get my news from a diverse range of sources. I'm can't say I'm still a Lib but my political views overlap with them, along with Lab and Tories.

The Guardian still has good coverage of minority topics like arts.

I used to be a Guardian reader before switching to the Times and Financial Times.

The Daily Mail IS a rag but it doesn't mean that everything it reports is a lie - most of it is true but it's just been spun so much that it's stupid.

So "snow brings Britain to a halt" turns into "Labour cuts leaves elderly in freezing homes" (But DM leaves out: "because the elderly thought it best they didn't bother the helpline to see why their helper hadn't arrived that day since they were rung in the morning to say that their helper would be delayed".)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Killuminati1989)
    Muslims need to be more open to constructive criticism. We are not saying all 1.7 billion people are terrorists or your religion. We know that killing one innocent is like killing the entire human race but we have to start working together and finding out the root cause of these atrocities.
    Indeed. I think this is an important step that needs to be taken. Also I think most important that Muslims recognise and acknowledge that there are verses in the Quran (much like the Bible) that can be used to justify acts of evil. Acknowledging this fact does not in any way imply Islam is violent or Muslims are violent, but rather that like any religious book, the Quran is open to interpretation and there are a number of verses in the Quran which can be used to justify these acts.

(Original post by Killuminati1989)
    Countries like Malaysia, Egypt, Indonesia, etc have started working together and banning books written by extremists such as Muhammed bin Abdul Wahab (father of the Saudi Wahabi sect).
    There needs to be more reform. Imams need to confront people following these extreme sects.
    I'm not too sure if I am comfortable with the banning of books, no matter how radical. Plus I don't think such books will in any way stop these ideas from spreading.

ReputationRep:
    Interestin, although they had AK-47s with themselfs, they were using knifes. That were favourite weapons of the prophet Muhamed believing if they use it virgins will wait in heaven for them.

ReputationRep:
    3 terrorists have been arrested whilst they tried to go to Belgium. The Kouachi brothers also tried to go there.

ReputationRep:
    There were three teams of terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    3 terrorists have been arrested whilst they tried to go to Belgium. The Kouachi brothers also tried to go there.
    Mmmh, not sure if they been arrested now. They may be in Belgium.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure this sums up everyones feelings

ReputationRep:
    Flight from holland to Paris grounded.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Actually it really really isn't.
    I agree. It's full of **** all the time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.