Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I wrote 8, four for Woman in Black, four for OMAM.

I'm so unsure of how I did in OMAM, I wrote very different things to a lot of other people. I wrote about how the voices created a crescendo to Lennie's death and how the men being "much" closer showed how the time was quickly running out for George and how he wished he had more time. I also wrote about how "crashing" illustrated the crashing of George and Lennie's dream and suggested carelessness and it all happening very fast and other bull... I also wrote about Curley's wife and Slim for part B! Did anyone else do the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiquismiquis)
    I did the same thing as you, but I also did conflict between Gerald and Sheila based on levels of morality. I didn't really do alternative interpretations, don't really think it's a key criteria? I'm sure you'll do really well, I'm happy with my inspector calls section (but omam was a little disappointing for me)
    I probably got 30/30 for Inspector Calls last year, because I was 2-3 marks away from an A* and I only spent 11 minutes on of mice and men + misread part (a) question, so no way I got higher than 20 on it.

I embedded a lot of quotes, explained the stuff in detail and done alternative interpretations for every, or almost every, quote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiquismiquis)
    I did the same thing as you, but I also did conflict between Gerald and Sheila based on levels of morality. I didn't really do alternative interpretations, don't really think it's a key criteria? I'm sure you'll do really well, I'm happy with my inspector calls section (but omam was a little disappointing for me)
    Thank you . I was going to write about Gerald and Sheila as well but I ran out of time. Yh, did not like the omam extract at all and I had hardly enough time for part b but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    I did question 17 for AIC I thought it was disgusting but I was able to write enough detail and talk about society and Priestley both characters and how their relationship changes.
    I did OMAM it was good I talked about George taking his time and trying to help reciting the American Dream the reader feeling sympathy for Lennie and other stuff. Talked about the American dream for Curley's wife and Lennie and the conclusion about the name of the story and how it begins with dream and ends with it. Society in the 1930s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11ahf)

I'm so unsure of how I did in OMAM, I wrote very different things to a lot of other people. I wrote about how the voices created a crescendo to Lennie's death and how the men being "much" closer showed how the time was quickly running out for George and how he wished he had more time. I also wrote about how "crashing" illustrated the crashing of George and Lennie's dream and suggested carelessness and it all happening very fast and other bull... I also wrote about Curley's wife and Slim for part B! Did anyone else do the same?
    I said about how Steinbeck presented George's movement in a list to show time slowing down and that represents the death of their dream and also the imagery of the 'calm winds' show how the death of Lennie will 'restore' peace on the ranch? TBH i had no idea but yeah for part b i only had like 10 mins left so was rushing like CRAZY! and i wrote about Curley's wife the sexism at the time… but it was a lot of bs tbh i failed so bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11ahf)

You wrote 8 pages in total?

I done the exam last year and wrote 5-5.5 in total and only spent 11 minutes on whole of mice and men section + misread part (a) for OMAN, and I was 2-3 marks away from an A* in unit 1 (I presume I got 30/30 for Section A Inspector Calls).

if you wrote 8 pages then you definately will get a good mark, if what you wrote is good, and it sounds like it is.

ReputationRep:
    And I embedded some of the quotes but I analysed more to get the top marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11ahf)

i

WROTE THE SAME EXACT THING 😂😂😂 many people in my school wrote that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dee08)
    Thank you . I was going to write about Gerald and Sheila as well but I ran out of time. Yh, did not like the omam extract at all and I had hardly enough time for part b but oh well.
    How much did you write for part (b)? Because part (a) and (b) is marked as a whole, not seperately, so if you even done more for part (a) and it's good then you'll get a decent mark. If you were running out of time I would have mixed part (a) together with (b), so that you answer both and get the marks as it's marked as a whole.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do 'the Crucible'? (AQA) If so, how did it go and what question do you pick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marcuspdown)
    Was the first question on the Crucible to analyse the role of TWO women or one?
    2 women xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11ahf)

I did almost exactly the same for part a but for part b I did George and crooks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123moon)
    Anyone do 'the Crucible'? (AQA) If so, how did it go and what question do you pick?
    I picked the first question, and messed up. It asked for two women, but I misread and only analysed one.... ugh... Wonder how many marks I'll lose. That being said, I did go into quite a lot of detail with Abigail, so I'm hoping I'll still get SOME.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeganMcAlister)
    For the Crucible, I only wrote about how Miller presented two of the women (Elizabeth and Abigail), and I'm so scared incase I completely messed it up Of Mice and Men wasn't too bad, although I dont think i wrote enough for part b
    Don't worry - you did it right! The question asked us to pick 2 characters

ReputationRep:
    The grade boundaries are going to be high for that exam. Apparently it's 38/68 for a C.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safiajirreh41)
    And I embedded some of the quotes but I analysed more to get the top marks
    I probably got 30/30 for Inspector Calls last year in June 2015 (because I spent 11 minutes on Of mice and men section + misread part (a) and almost got an A* in that test.

I had so many embedded quotes, I also used very short quotes 1-3 words, and explained the words or a certain word in the quote and how it related to the novel / how it's shown or whatever. I also had an alternative interpretation for almost every quote (2 different meanings of the same quote) and of course effect on reader and explained that. I also had a paragraph analysis the language used (by Mr Birling - as he came up in the June 2015 exam)

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    is anyone doing Woman in Black?
    for OMAM I'm preetyy sure I failed I wrote 2 pages and a quarter but mainly I was just annotating the text I wrote one paragraph for the second bit.
    is it possible to still get an A if I got like a C In this paper but in paper 2 got a grade B and my control assessment was grade A?
    Also does anyone know how much 25% of English lit control assessment is worth in marks?
    thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anygy)
    I picked the first question, and messed up. It asked for two women, but I misread and only analysed one.... ugh... Wonder how many marks I'll lose. That being said, I did go into quite a lot of detail with Abigail, so I'm hoping I'll still get SOME.
    I literally did the same thing what do u think will happen ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScrewTheExams)
    How much did you write for part (b)? Because part (a) and (b) is marked as a whole, not seperately, so if you even done more for part (a) and it's good then you'll get a decent mark. If you were running out of time I would have mixed part (a) together with (b), so that you answer both and get the marks as it's marked as a whole.
    Overall I wrote 2.5 for AIC and 2.5 for OMAM including both sections

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    The grade boundaries are going to be high for that exam. Apparently it's 38/68 for a C.
    errrrmmmm whaaaaat?
    okay that's it fml Ive failed.
    where did u find this out from?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.