Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)
    How much did you guys take on the national last week?
    It was pretty mental 1800 bets

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whiggy)
    Renewable sources would currently be unable to provide enough energy for the whole population. Alongside our unreliable weather, my concern is that we'd struggle to effectively provide energy to the whole of the UK. That's why I support the use of nuclear energy until we are able to effectively switch to renewable sources.
    We could still do a lot more renewable energy, and more energy conservation.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I was thinking Bayern-Schalke but there we go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    I was thinking Bayern-Schalke but there we go.
    I switched off the footy, not like theres many customers to appease.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, this what I mean by stressful! My soon-to-be ex husband came out as gay.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    That does throw a spanner in the works a little bit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    That does throw a spanner in the works a little bit!
    It was awkward enough beforehand, as he was staying next door to me, with my gay neighbour. See where this is going yet?

He turned up at my front door earlier, telling me he couldn't pretend to be something he wasn't. He introduced my gay neighbour as his lover, the man with whom he cheated on me. I was taken aback; I always had my suspicions that he was bisexual, however he all but admitted he used me.

In a moment of outrage, I screamed homophobic slurs and slammed the door. I regret making the homophobic remarks, for I'm in no way homophobic.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Oh dear. You are in rather a sticky situation. I hope he didn't leave you simply because of that?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    In a moment of outrage, I screamed homophobic slurs and slammed the door. I regret making the homophobic remarks, for I'm in no way homophobic.
    Sounds fair enough, I wouldn't regret it imo! A few words don't make you homophobic.

Just like enjoying a few drinks doesn't make one an alcoholic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Oh dear. You are in rather a sticky situation. I hope he didn't leave you simply because of that?
    He sure did. I was his beard until he had the courage to leave me for a man.

I'm sure you now understand that I'm going through a very stressful time.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds fair enough, I wouldn't regret it imo! A few words don't make you homophobic.

Just like enjoying a few drinks doesn't make one an alcoholic.
    I did say some awful things.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Meh, good for you to be honest... some people deserve to be told stuff... Actually, most people do to be honest!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    He sure did. I was his beard until he had the courage to leave me for a man.

I'm sure you now understand that I'm going through a very stressful time.
    I really do understand why you are stressed - it must be a dreadful thing to have to go through.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, good for you to be honest... some people deserve to be told stuff... Actually, most people do to be honest!
    Meh, I suppose so.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    By the sounds of it, you're feeling betrayed, upset, and presumably like your marriage was a sham (since he is gay). If so, it's understandable that you've said some awful things - you're in shock and upset and it doesn't make you a homophobe. He'll be getting a lot of support from people as he comes out, but you need support as well given what you've gone through - surround yourself with your friends and take the time to move on. It'll take time, but you can do it.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Meh, I suppose so.
    As long as you don't kill him!! That would be a little bit worse, but yeh, just shout at him, call him ****, it'll make you feel better (Hopefully!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I really do understand why you are stressed - it must be a dreadful thing to have to go through.
    I understand that it must have been difficult for him to come out, and I understand that he can't change who he is, but I'm hurting right now. I need to keep myself busy, or else I'll keep replaying every moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    By the sounds of it, you're feeling betrayed, upset, and presumably like your marriage was a sham (since he is gay). If so, it's understandable that you've said some awful things - you're in shock and upset and it doesn't make you a homophobe. He'll be getting a lot of support from people as he comes out, but you need support as well given what you've gone through - surround yourself with your friends and take the time to move on. It'll take time, but you can do it.
    I suppose it was my punishment for marrying young. I've decided that it might be best to stay with my mum for a while, as I can't live next door to them at the moment.

I understand that it was difficult for him to come out, but I don't understand why he wanted to marry me when he could have found a man to marry.

ReputationRep:
    As long as you don't kill him!! That would be a little bit worse, but yeh, just shout at him, call him ****, it'll make you feel better (Hopefully!)
    Haha, it might be best to take myself away from there for a while.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    I suppose it was my punishment for marrying young. I've decided that it might be best to stay with my mum for a while, as I can't live next door to them at the moment.

I understand that it was difficult for him to come out, but I don't understand why he wanted to marry me when he could have found a man to marry.
    No, it's not your punishment and you've done nothing wrong at all (marrying young is not a crime) - make sure that you remember that every time you're feeling low. Living next door to them will only exacerbate your feelings and remind you that they're together. You don't need that so living with your mum would be a good idea and ensure that you have the support you need.

It will take time to process why he wanted to marry you, perhaps he felt attracted to you and his feelings have changed over time, who knows? It's worth asking him when you've begun to move on, to get that closure you need, but for now, focus on you.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.