Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SassKing13)
    The La's... That album is fantastic Every song is great. A perfect album.

I have Nick Drake's three albums Listened to the first one so far.

OMD are also good I have their first 4 albums. As are Tears for Fears, I have their three albums too.

And The Cars are awesome

I really like this Moody Blues song
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO3IG-oRpis

Also if you get some time (let me know what you think )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuIvLAtp0sc
    yes there she goes is a classic though

nick drake is amazing a friend introduced me to him and i couldn't stop listening to him for weeks on end... i don't know if you know but his first album is the only one he completed in his life time (he pasted away really early, mid to late 20s think it was :cry2:) and it's the most perfect i think... the others just don't live up to the expectation (well, that's my opinion anyways ) his first album is pink moon i think btw

mod are great my favourite's are 'sailing on the seven seas' and 'walking on the milky way'

tears for fears are definatly one of my most favourite bands too shout, mad world, everybody wants to rule the world and head over heals are the best in my opinion

the cars are wonderful too they are the best band to listen to in the car :rofl: like on a road trip or something...

the moody blues song is great
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=062qph0IqYE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9muzyOd4Lh8
    these are are my favourites let me know what you think

an hour and a half of greatness... probably (i didn't actually listen to it - will listen to it tomorrow, it is a little late now :yawn: sorry)

Yeah It was a while ago though

I agree I think Echo and the Bunnymen deserve more recognition... Ian McCulloch was doing the loudmouth thing before Liam Gallagher was :rofl:
    oh okay i only started watching it recently haha

yeah, totally agree with you i think that everyone who doesn't know good music, might as well be called muggles

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, do you like/have you heard of INXS?
    no, actually i haven't but :love: :love: :love: it's perfect omg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bookworm246love)
    no, actually i haven't but :love: :love: :love: it's perfect omg
    Check out INXS Kick is considered their best album

ReputationRep:
    Check out INXS Kick is considered their best album
    i will

ReputationRep:
    yes there she goes is a classic though

nick drake is amazing a friend introduced me to him and i couldn't stop listening to him for weeks on end... i don't know if you know but his first album is the only one he completed in his life time (he pasted away really early, mid to late 20s think it was :cry2:) and it's the most perfect i think... the others just don't live up to the expectation (well, that's my opinion anyways ) his first album is pink moon i think btw

mod are great my favourite's are 'sailing on the seven seas' and 'walking on the milky way'

tears for fears are definatly one of my most favourite bands too shout, mad world, everybody wants to rule the world and head over heals are the best in my opinion

the cars are wonderful too they are the best band to listen to in the car :rofl: like on a road trip or something...

the moody blues song is great
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=062qph0IqYE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9muzyOd4Lh8
    these are are my favourites let me know what you think

an hour and a half of greatness... probably (i didn't actually listen to it - will listen to it tomorrow, it is a little late now :yawn: sorry)

oh okay i only started watching it recently haha

yeah, totally agree with you i think that everyone who doesn't know good music, might as well be called muggles
    Indeed but There She Goes is the only song that most people know them for. I think all the other songs on there are all great.

Yeah I read that actually... I know he passed away and had depression. Another massively underrated figure in music. I'll give them a listen some time. Five Leaves Left was the first one

I like Electricity and Enola Gay. I haven't listened to them for a while...

Tears for Fears are awesome

Yeah they are I remember I sent you their first album on VM ages ago, and I don't think you were initially too keen on it

I know Nights in White Satin. I like that one I haven't heard the other one before. Will listen tomorrow.

Oh yes (haha yeah didn't expect you to at this time of night No worries )

Haha yeah The people who like good music are the 'gifted ones' :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Indeed but There She Goes is the only song that most people know them for. I think all the other songs on there are all great.

Yeah I read that actually... I know he passed away and had depression. Another massively underrated figure in music. I'll give them a listen some time. Five Leaves Left was the first one

I like Electricity and Enola Gay. I haven't listened to them for a while...

Tears for Fears are awesome

Yeah they are I remember I sent you their first album on VM ages ago, and I don't think you were initially too keen on it

I know Nights in White Satin. I like that one I haven't heard the other one before. Will listen tomorrow.

Oh yes (haha yeah didn't expect you to at this time of night No worries )

Haha yeah The people who like good music are the 'gifted ones' :rofl:
    yeah, i think i need to listen to more of their stuff tbh

something like that...sad isn't it? definitely underrated, which is annoying.. wish more people knew about him and all the good old music... :moon: okay great, would love to know how you get on oh okay, maybe i'm wrong haha my friend told me the only one he completed was pink moon (which is my favourite anyway ), maybe he was wrong too opps will definitely have to read up about it...

haven't heard of electricity actually what songs would you recommend?
    enola gay, yes :love: and me neither haha

always are

initially no, not much but now i always listen to them on the coach, bus etc

yeah, me too it's the one in perks of being a wallflower if you recognise it haha
    let me know how you get on, won't you?

haha, i'll let you know at some point i'm sure it will be tomorrow at some point :lol: thanks

yeah, sounds like us :lol: or you haha

ReputationRep:
    yeah, most definitely why be boring, when you can be interesting?

there original stuff is defintely awesome and i don't mind, all the better :rofl: and no, i would love to be a part of your society

yeah, and rio :love: my favourite two songs from duran duran i think, what are you favourite songs by them? and no well, i don't think i have... could you give me the link for it? would love to hear it yeah, think my favourite by them (the smiths ) is there is a light that never goes out and this charming man they are my favourites along with the cure and joy division, spandau ballet, tears for fears, bob dylan, the velvet underground, the smashing pumpkins, the police, europe, the eagles, smash mouth, the doors, jimi hendrix, van morrison, david bowie, phil collins, (not too sure what to make of genesis quite yet), queen, the la's, the rolling stones, a-ha, blue oyster cult, the cars, simple minds, the charlatans, dire straits, eurythmics, roxy music, echo and the bunnymen, john lennon, (and the beatles, of course although i doubt that's your thing), nick drake, the who, u2 and orchestral manevores in the dark, the stone roses, simon and garfunkel, the moody blues, nirvana, and fleetwood mac i know that's a long list :rofl: i just couldn't leave anyone out, just had to keep adding to the list... what others do you like?

(i do like more modern stuff too, if you're wondering but i'm sure you're more interested in older music like sass king )

also that performance was really good listened/watched it all... i really like girls on film (obviously ), on the road (?), and the last song (not too sure what it is). also it was in hammersmith, did you say?
    Haha yep! I tell myself that nearly everyday Haha dont monotone voices just get on your nerves a bit? :lol:
    Haha i know what you mean, and i shall add you whilst i remember!
    Thats awesome! I do love Rio, the video makes me want to take up sailing :lol: i think if i was to list favourites they would be; Careless Memories, Planet Earth, Friends of Mine, Girls on Film, Late Bar, Anyone Out There, Rio, Last Chance on the Stairway, New Religion (sorry th list could go on :lol:) and here is a link to the original recording
    https://youtu.be/d0lOp4xipSE
    Aw thats cool! I think my favourite by them is This Charming Man

Haha wow i like a lot of those bands! You have exceptional taste! If i had to list (for fun) i would go for:
    ABC, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Gary Newman, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Cars, Dire Straits, Cream, Rolling Stones, The Eagles, David Bowie, Roxy Music (and Bryan Ferry's own stuff), Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Damned, The Xray Spex, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, ELO (when theyre live :lol:), The Beatles, The Police, UB40, Wham (yes really ), The Undertones, Suzi Quatro, The Buzzcocks, Dr. Feelgood, The Who, Rainbow, The Human League.... There may be more but cant think right now! :rofl:

(I like some modrn stuff eg The Hives, but what modern stuff do you like? )

Im so glad you liked it! Hammersmith Odeon was their first 'big' gig i think! The Girls on Film one is brilliant! And i think the last one was Careless Memories

ReputationRep:
    yeah, most definitely why be boring, when you can be interesting?

there original stuff is defintely awesome and i don't mind, all the better :rofl: and no, i would love to be a part of your society

yeah, and rio :love: my favourite two songs from duran duran i think, what are you favourite songs by them? and no well, i don't think i have... could you give me the link for it? would love to hear it yeah, think my favourite by them (the smiths ) is there is a light that never goes out and this charming man they are my favourites along with the cure and joy division, spandau ballet, tears for fears, bob dylan, the velvet underground, the smashing pumpkins, the police, europe, the eagles, smash mouth, the doors, jimi hendrix, van morrison, david bowie, phil collins, (not too sure what to make of genesis quite yet), queen, the la's, the rolling stones, a-ha, blue oyster cult, the cars, simple minds, the charlatans, dire straits, eurythmics, roxy music, echo and the bunnymen, john lennon, (and the beatles, of course although i doubt that's your thing), nick drake, the who, u2 and orchestral manevores in the dark, the stone roses, simon and garfunkel, the moody blues, nirvana, and fleetwood mac i know that's a long list :rofl: i just couldn't leave anyone out, just had to keep adding to the list... what others do you like?

(i do like more modern stuff too, if you're wondering but i'm sure you're more interested in older music like sass king )

also that performance was really good listened/watched it all... i really like girls on film (obviously ), on the road (?), and the last song (not too sure what it is). also it was in hammersmith, did you say?
    Haha yep! I tell myself that nearly everyday Haha dont monotone voices just get on your nerves a bit? :lol:
    Thats awesome! I do love Rio, the video makes me want to take up sailing :lol: i think if i was to list favourites they would be; Careless Memories, Planet Earth, Friends of Mine, Girls on Film, Late Bar, Anyone Out There, Rio, Last Chance on the Stairway, New Religion (sorry th list could go on :lol:) and here is a link to the original recording

Haha wow i like a lot of those bands! You have exceptional taste! If i had to list (for fun) i would go for:
    ABC, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Gary Newman, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Cars, Dire Straits, Cream, Rolling Stones, The Eagles, David Bowie, Roxy Music (and Bryan Ferry's own stuff), Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Damned, The Xray Spex, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, ELO (when theyre live :lol:), The Beatles, The Police, UB40, Wham (yes really ), The Undertones, Suzi Quatro, The Buzzcocks, Dr. Feelgood, The Who, Rainbow, The Human League.... There may be more but cant think right now! :rofl:

Im so glad you liked it! Hammersmith Odeon was their first 'big' gig i think! The Girls on Film one is brilliant! And i think the last one was Careless Memories

ReputationRep:
    Haha I know what you mean though :lol: Some of the stuff he does can be a bit cringe-worthy :rofl:
    Haha ah I see It's also from 1980, and they only formed the year before, so it is early yeah

:rofl:
    Cool Hopefully you can. That would be so cool! My dad mentioned about one day seeing The Who (even though there's obviously only two original members left). You just don't think you'll ever see these massive bands, but it would be great... I'd also like to see Suede and The Cure. U2 too, but that might be unlikely

Awesome I saw that you posted this in the music thread. I was going to comment on it. I listened to a bit of Friends Of Mine at the start. I think that's one of my favourite Duran Duran songs, along with Careless Memories. I've bookmarked it to watch later I'll let you know what I think of it when I get around to watching it
    Haha just a bit :lol: i mean some acts get away with it as being cringy/over the top is part of the act, but not when you purposefully do it :lol: oh right thats awesome! :awesome:

Thats amazing!! I really hope you do go to see them! And yeah i know what you mean, there nothing to say you wont get to! Its a shame theyre older now tho isnt it?

Hahaha i posted it in two places just to make sure both saw it Haha good choices SassKing! And i hope you like it! (PS the version of Late Bar is amazing, but it not on youtube!)

ReputationRep:
    was binge watching a show earlier and this happened... made me laugh and think of you two

(also makes me sad to think that there are people out there who don't know who they are :cry2:)

Haha that made me laugh :lol: its funny catching people out like that sometimes ive never watched the show actually, is it anygood? I used to watch an American show called Awkward, couls it be similar?

ReputationRep:
    Haha I'll have to list all the music I like next

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amellia123)

i'll reply later as my silly computer has gone and deleted my whole reply :cry2:

haha you quoted me twice

Haha that made me laugh :lol: its funny catching people out like that sometimes ive never watched the show actually, is it anygood? I used to watch an American show called Awkward, couls it be similar?
    yeah, me too :lol: yeah, it always is especially as she's a muggle yeah, i only started watching it by recommendation of a friend.. never heard of awkward before what is it like?

yeah, you do

ReputationRep:
    i'll reply later as my silly computer has gone and deleted my whole reply :cry2:

haha you quoted me twice

yeah, me too :lol: yeah, it always is especially as she's a muggle yeah, i only started watching it by recommendation of a friend.. never heard of awkward before what is it like?

yeah, you do
    Oh woopsie sorry about that and no worries
    Oh right i see!!! Haha i havent watched many episods, but its about a girl at high school where eveeything goes wrong and they think she broke her arm during a suicide attempt (she didnt). Its a typical American teen comedy i think :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Come on the SassKing, bookworm246love and i are waiting (God)

And Duran Duran had better feature

ReputationRep:
    Oh woopsie sorry about that and no worries
    Oh right i see!!! Haha i havent watched many episods, but its about a girl at high school where eveeything goes wrong and they think she broke her arm during a suicide attempt (she didnt). Its a typical American teen comedy i think :lol:
    don't worry about it, things like that happen

oh okay, and yeah, i think it could be really similar but i don't think it's meant to be a comedy would you recommend awkward? might start watching it haha

yeah, and hurry up about it

and the smiths

ReputationRep:

yeah, same here haha always omg, like why the hell would you put up with people like that? :lol:

great and thank you would love to be a part of it

well, for me it brings back memories :') used to go sailing like all the time on my mum's boat and i used to love it, that's until she sold her boat

they are all great songs and yeah, i don't blame you... i could be talk all day about music (oops, i think i mean the rest of my life )

thank you and yes, i've heard it before and of course it's amazing

awesome my favourites are this charming man, what difference does it make?, heaven knows i'm miserable now, how soon is now?, the headmaster ritual, the boy with the thorn in his side, bigmouth strikes again, there is a light that never goes out, girlfriend in a coma, and asleep of course

Depeche Mode - angels and wrong
    Duran Duran - we've already spoken about them
    Spandau Ballet - gold and true are my two favourites
    Echo and the Bunnymen - the killing moon and people are strange
    The Cars - drive, good times roll, and my best friend's girl
    Dire Straits - romeo and juliet
    Rolling Stones - paint it black
    The Eagles - hotel california and take it easy
    David Bowie - my fave :love: can't actually pick any favourite songs, because they are all so amazing, but my ultimate fave is heroes
    Roxy Music - chris only introduced me recently to them, and my favourites so far are avalon and more then this
    Bryan Ferry - avonmore and jonny and mary
    Sex Pistols - anarchy in the uk and problems
    The Clash - london calling and should i stay or should i go?
    Blue Oyster Cult - (don't fear) the reaper
    The Beatles - all their songs are great, but the best album by far is saint peppers lonely hearts club band :love:
    The Police - every breath you take
    UB40 - kingston town
    Wham - i know it's cheesy but last christmas (it's always the best christmas song )
    The Undertones - teenage kicks
    The Who - my generation

same here :rofl:

(too much :lol: i could be for ages really haha.... the hives? don't think i've heard of them...)

yeah they started that year, right? 1980? and hammersmith odeon? do you know where that is? and yeah, girls on film was great and so was careless memories... actually think that careless memories might be my new favourite duran duran song haha

ReputationRep:

Patience Amellia. God

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I'm pretty much going to list all the bands\solo artists in my ITunes library There are albums there that I haven't listened to yet, but I'll probably like them *Amellia, I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. I deleted Duran Duran There are bands I like just a bit more than them *expects Amellia to never forgive me for such a terrible action* :rofl: I still like them though

That's right, everything will be posted :rofl:

The Animals
    Aztec Camera
    The Beach Boys
    The Beatles
    Big Star
    Blue Oyster Cult
    The Bluetones
    Bob Dylan
    Buzzcocks
    The Byrds
    The Cars
    The Chameleons
    The Church
    The Clash
    The Comsat Angels
    The Cramps
    The Cult
    The Cure
    David Bowie
    Deep Purple
    Depeche Mode
    The Doors
    Echo and the Bunnymen
    Eddie and the Hot Rods
    Editors
    The Electric Prunes
    The Feelies
    The Field Mice
    Fleetwood Mac
    Franz Ferdinand
    Free
    Gang of Four
    The Go-Betweens
    Golden Earring
    The House of Love
    The Icicle Works
    Iggy and the Stooges
    Iggy Pop
    Interpol
    INXS
    The Jam
    The Jesus and Mary Chain
    Josef K
    Joy Division
    The Killers
    The Kinks
    The Knack
    The La's
    Led Zeppelin
    Lloyd Cole & The Commotions
    Lou Reed
    Love
    Lowlife
    Magazine
    MC5
    Midnight Oil
    The Mission
    The Modern Lovers
    The Moody Blues
    Neil Young
    New Model Army
    New Order
    Nick Drake
    The Only Ones
    OMD
    Pink Floyd - might delete this
    Pixies
    The Police
    Primal Scream
    Psychedelic Furs
    Queen
    R.E.M.
    Radiohead
    The Railway Children
    The Replacements
    The Rolling Stones
    Roxy Music
    Rush
    Scott Walker
    The Seeds
    Simple Minds
    The Skids
    The Smiths
    The Soft Boys
    The Sound
    The Standells
    The Stone Roses
    The Stranglers
    The Strokes
    Suede
    Supergrass
    T. Rex
    Talking Heads
    Tame Impala
    The Teardrop Explodes
    Tears for Fears
    Television
    The The
    Thin Lizzy
    Tom Waits
    U2
    Ultravox - both incarnations
    The Undertones
    The Velvet Underground
    Violent Femmes
    The Waterboys
    The Who
    The Wild Swans
    Wire
    Wishbone Ash
    The Wonder Stuff
    XTC

and...

The 13th Floor Elevators

That's everything :rofl:

Honourable mention - Duran Duran

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I'm pretty much going to list all the bands\solo artists in my ITunes library There are albums there that I haven't listened to yet, but I'll probably like them *Amellia, I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. I deleted Duran Duran There are bands I like just a bit more than them *expects Amellia to never forgive me for such a terrible action* :rofl: I still like them though

That's right, everything will be posted :rofl:

The Animals
    Aztec Camera
    The Beach Boys
    The Beatles
    Big Star
    Blue Oyster Cult
    The Bluetones
    Bob Dylan
    Buzzcocks
    The Byrds
    The Cars
    The Chameleons
    The Church
    The Clash
    The Comsat Angels
    The Cramps
    The Cult
    The Cure
    David Bowie
    Deep Purple
    Depeche Mode
    The Doors
    Echo and the Bunnymen
    Eddie and the Hot Rods
    Editors
    The Electric Prunes
    The Feelies
    The Field Mice
    Fleetwood Mac
    Franz Ferdinand
    Free
    Gang of Four
    The Go-Betweens
    Golden Earring
    The House of Love
    The Icicle Works
    Iggy and the Stooges
    Iggy Pop
    Interpol
    INXS
    The Jam
    The Jesus and Mary Chain
    Josef K
    Joy Division
    The Killers
    The Kinks
    The Knack
    The La's
    Led Zeppelin
    Lloyd Cole & The Commotions
    Lou Reed
    Love
    Lowlife
    Magazine
    MC5
    Midnight Oil
    The Mission
    The Modern Lovers
    The Moody Blues
    Neil Young
    New Model Army
    New Order
    Nick Drake
    The Only Ones
    OMD
    Pink Floyd - might delete this
    Pixies
    The Police
    Primal Scream
    Psychedelic Furs
    Queen
    R.E.M.
    Radiohead
    The Railway Children
    The Replacements
    The Rolling Stones
    Roxy Music
    Rush
    Scott Walker
    The Seeds
    Simple Minds
    The Skids
    The Smiths
    The Soft Boys
    The Sound
    The Standells
    The Stone Roses
    The Stranglers
    The Strokes
    Suede
    Supergrass
    T. Rex
    Talking Heads
    Tame Impala
    The Teardrop Explodes
    Tears for Fears
    Television
    The The
    Thin Lizzy
    Tom Waits
    U2
    Ultravox - both incarnations
    The Undertones
    The Velvet Underground
    Violent Femmes
    The Waterboys
    The Who
    The Wild Swans
    Wire
    Wishbone Ash
    The Wonder Stuff
    XTC

and...

The 13th Floor Elevators

That's everything :rofl:

Honourable mention - Duran Duran
    that's quite a list but i bet i could beat you :teehee:

the beach boys and the beatles i didn't think they were you're thing?
    blue oyster cult and bob dylan, eh? :yep:

the killers and neil young too? :eek:

pink floyd? how could you delete pink floyd?

the railway children? what's that about? :rofl:

great list sass king i'm actually sincerely jealous of you and your music taste is just out of this world :love:

ReputationRep:
    that's quite a list but i bet i could beat you :teehee:

the beach boys and the beatles i didn't think they were you're thing?
    blue oyster cult and bob dylan, eh? :yep:

the killers and neil young too? :eek:

pink floyd? how could you delete pink floyd?

the railway children? what's that about? :rofl:

great list sass king i'm actually sincerely jealous of you and your music taste is just out of this world :love:
    Would that be your Spotify list? I have Spotify but I actually prefer ITunes. That might seem odd considering you can almost listen to anything on Spotify, but I just feel like ITunes feels a little more personal

Of course I like The Beatles As if I wouldn't mention them and I haven't heard a lot of The Beach Boys, but they seem awesome. I didn't really think they were my thing at first, but someone recommended that I listen to 'Pet Sounds', plus my mum plays them occasionally and I like what I've heard Haven't listened to the album just yet though.

Because there are bands I like more than them Sometimes I don't really like listening to the obvious bands

The Railway Children

Haha thank you very much

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.