Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel S2 - 27th June 2016 AM Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find the Edexcel S2 exam?
    Very hard
    14.71%
    Hard
    33.57%
    Normal
    29.72%
    Easy
    15.42%
    Very easy
    6.59%

ReputationRep:
    This is so depressing, needed to do well in S2 to get an A, probably got a B now.

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay. So will there be any method marks for what we did? Or are they all gone? Does anyone know how many marks this was worth?

ReputationRep:
    Also does anyone have the exact working for K? I got 2/3 for some reason 😁

ReputationRep:
    q4 funtion anyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiny hobbit)
    No but I would write down the
    x (squiggle) N or B or Po (distrubution)
    so that they know what you were intending to use in case you look up the wrong number.
    There is often a mark for "evidence of using ...... distribution".
    You don't gain marks for declaring variables, but you do get a mark for stating the distribution. And as the guy above says, declaring variables helps the examiner to follow what you're doing, which is good if your final answer isn't right.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure you got 6 wrong, cos I think you have to square root the n on the bottom, making n quite a lot larger than 62, thats what I got as well but I'm pretty sure it's wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    What are people thinking for boundaries? Lower than last year? About the same?
    that 8 mark approximation question will rocket the grade boundaries down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RGBlinkFrayXx)
    Also does anyone have the exact working for K? I got 2/3 for some reason 😁
    For K, you had to use the fact that you know that F( something ) = 1, and that F( something else )= 0 - I can't remember what the values were exactly but it was whatever the upper and lower bounds were ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raees_Sharif)
    Agree - I predict it will be 62/75 for 80ums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raees_Sharif)
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    If you're right, I'll literally starting believing in the Gods

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yallfools)
    Pretty sure you got 6 wrong, cos I think you have to square root the n on the bottom, making n quite a lot larger than 62, thats what I got as well but I'm pretty sure it's wrong
    ah yep I got 62 as well !!! . I'm not sure where I went wrong because I didn't get a quadratic to solve - just a linear - so I ended up with something that rounded to 62.. I hope we don't lose too many marks - hopefully I still get like 4/8

ReputationRep:
    *takes a screenshot for August*

ReputationRep:
    For K, you had to use the fact that you know that F( something ) = 1, and that F( something else )= 0 - I can't remember what the values were exactly but it was whatever the upper and lower bounds were ?
    Yeah, that's what I did- F(2) is zero and F(3) is 1 but for some strange reason my a and k values were completely different. Do you think I'll get one mark just for saying the above? This was out of 4 right?

ReputationRep:
    2015 paper had only one question involving algebra, yet this one had like 3 and whenever a paper starts asking you to find unknowns many people just get completely confused and don't even bother trying to work it out ... It will not be 67 for an A - that would just be ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    2015 paper had only one question involving algebra, yet this one had like 3 and whenever a paper starts asking you to find unknowns many people just get completely confused and don't even bother trying to work it out ... It will not be 67 for an A - that would just be ridiculous
    <3

ReputationRep:
    Prediction for 59. C?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RGBlinkFrayXx)
    Yeah, that's what I did- F(2) is zero and F(3) is 1 but for some strange reason my a and k values were completely different. Do you think I'll get one mark just for saying the above? This was out of 4 right?
    ah yeh thanks for reminding me what the values were, and yeh that was the correct method... It was out of 4 so it would be M1 for the first equation so for F(2)=0 and then M1 for the second equation in terms of K, and then another mark for isolating out K on its own, and then the final A1 for solving for K. So you should get 2/4 if your two equations in terms of K were correct

ReputationRep:
    If you're wrong we will have problems.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember how much the radius question was worth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armpits)
    Prediction for 59. C?
    59 will be a high B I would say... last year it was 59 for 70ums but judging by the difficulty of the paper boundaries will drop so you're probably going to be looking at mid 70s for 59. well done

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.