Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    This is not at all pathetic! It's perfectly normal to feel this way!
    You've just got to try to block the accident out of your mind (I know it's easier said than done).
    But I think that may be the only way to overcome this period.
    You're not overreacting at all!
    I really hope you can get over this because you're a lovely person and you deserve the best in life! I really wish I could help in some way but I guess this will have to do!
    You're a strong person and will overcome this! Trust me!
    You'll ace these exams too!
    thank you so much that means a lot :hugs:
    could just have really down without my MH problems spiking right in exam season as it's risking stopping me getting the grades for uni....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleanor27)
    thank you so much that means a lot :hugs:
    could just have really down without my MH problems spiking right in exam season as it's risking stopping me getting the grades for uni....
    It's ok! I'm just trying to help out :hugs:
    Yeah I understand that. I really hope it dies down soon because you're way too nice to be going through this!
    I'm sure you'll ace these exams and get into the uni you're looking at!!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever been referred to a psychologist? As you know I've been referred to a psychologist instead of another CBT therapist after everything that happened with the last therapist and I'm just unsure of what to expect when seeing a psychologist. Will I be likely to get more CBT/ERP therapy or will it be more of a talking based approach? I should have asked the GP this yesterday but my mind goes blank when I am in front of someone in authority like a doctor

I think I'm going to post more frequently but I need to be anon as a few of my followers know me irl but not close enough to know my MH problems much. But I get the confusion as I'm often on app as well so I'll sign off with Anxious Anon in my posts.. (creative, I know lol)

Anxious Anon

I'm feeling so helpless and alone right now

ReputationRep:
    :cry2:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm feeling so helpless and alone right now
    Aw no!!
    Just remember the whole of TSR is here for you!
    I sure there are people in your life who are looking out for you too!
    I wish I could help!

ReputationRep:
    Aw no!!
    Just remember the whole of TSR is here for you!
    I sure there are people in your life who are looking out for you too!
    I wish I could help!
    Damn auto anon!
    That's me again! ^^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    :cry2:
    What's up?

ReputationRep:
    Great news!
    I had a 15 minute shower tonight!
    That's a massive improvement as I was taking around an hour or so.
    I'm very pleased with that!

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed that I seem to get incredibly lonely at night now. It doesn't matter if I have or haven't seen people in the day, just at night I seem to feel so lonely.

Idk why but I don't like this and it makes me so sad I almost cry >.<

Great news!
    I had a 15 minute shower tonight!
    That's a massive improvement as I was taking around an hour or so.
    I'm very pleased with that!
    Good job! For me it's a struggle to force myself shower everyday :s
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    I've noticed that I seem to get incredibly lonely at night now. It doesn't matter if I have or haven't seen people in the day, just at night I seem to feel so lonely.

Idk why but I don't like this and it makes me so sad I almost cry >.<
    We're always here :hugs: it makes sense to me that you feel more lonely at night. At night it's dark and quiet, even people who aren't struggling can feel lonely sometimes.

- Anxious Anon. (this sounds silly already, I'll go with AA then for signature)

ReputationRep:
    Good job! For me it's a struggle to force myself shower everyday :s

- Anxious Anon. (this sounds silly already, I'll go with AA then for signature)
    Thanks! Aw no! How come?

I like Anxious Anon! It's catchy!

Thanks! Aw no! How come?

I like Anxious Anon! It's catchy!
    Well everyday task requires so much will power for me. I'm constantly too tired.
    Haha glad you like that. My creativity didn't extend beyond this lol

Anxious Anon

ReputationRep:
    Well everyday task requires so much will power for me. I'm constantly too tired.
    Haha glad you like that. My creativity didn't extend beyond this lol

Anxious Anon
    Aw that's not great! You want to talk about it at all?
    Everyday tasks are difficult for me too! OCD has turned my life around (not in a good way).
    Creativity ftw! It's catchy!

Alright so turns out I need this thread lol so here I am again, I'm anon 1 btw in case ppl can't see it and yeh :/
    Just want to cry tbh.
    Was happy and now i'm not and idk how i'm going to be until I get out of here
    Idk if this is TW but better to be safe i guess..
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Resisting the temptation to repeatedly punch myself like last time cos that was ridiculously therapeutic but I scared myself

ReputationRep:
    Alright so turns out I need this thread lol so here I am again, I'm anon 1 btw in case ppl can't see it and yeh :/
    Just want to cry tbh.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Resisting the temptation to repeatedly punch myself like last time cos that was ridiculously therapeutic but I scared myself
    Hey anon 1
    This thread is very useful!
    Aww no! How come?
    I hope you can be happy again soon!!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Don't punch yourself, I've don't that before too and it's really not fun.
    It's not a good thing to do.
    You're very strong and you can resist the temptation!

ReputationRep:
    Just want to cry tbh.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If you want to cry, then cry. Holding it in can be difficult and doesn't really change anything.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Have you considered punching your pillow/mattress? Another thing that can help with destructive urges is ripping up paper - the Argos catalog is great for this!

ReputationRep:
    It's not the fact that I can't sleep, it's more the fact that if I don't do my rituals I'm scared my OCD will be set off in a dream (has happened before) and then will ruin the next day.
    But I'm overcoming that now which is good.
    Ah well I'm glad to hear you slept well last night! Sounds very relieving for you! (You do support the Florida Panthers d

Ah I see, that's a lot to get done in 4 weeks then! Maybe still speak to them anyway, just so they're aware of the situation!
    Well even a little break will do you good! You'll be able to relax and forget about everything for a little while!
    Ah ok I didn't think they did. But there are lots of rubbish doctors in the NHS I agree with that. I'm sure that it's different over there. They do seem to be pretty amazing in the US so I'd give it a shot and see how things go for you! But I'm sure the next one you'll be seeing will be amazing!
    They will cure you and you can lead a happy life supporting the Panthers! (You do support the Panthers don't you?)
    It's great to hear you're overcoming that! I don't really know much about OCD and what might be helpful for you. Just an idea, could you maybe not do 1 (maybe the most minor seeming one) of the rituals and see what happens then gradually build up to skip more and more? Sorry if that's totally useless.

Yeah, I'm really hoping friday's psychiatrist will be good, I could really do with a hand with managing the voices. They were so loud during lab today but somehow I managed to pull off an 80% in the quiz which I'm really pleased with myself about.

I do indeed support the Panthers! Though I'm rooting for the Penguins atm as they're the first team I ever went to see so got a bit of a soft spot for them. Are you interested in hockey?

I posted a new thread in the Mental Health forum but it won't appear

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.