(Original post by goldenusername)
    wth no why
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 20.00.53.png
Views: 137
Size:  32.2 KB

well this is what was said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beta_tester)
    just in from AQA, they are raising the boundaries to 58/60 for an A* and 54 for an A
    where did you get this information from

ReputationRep:
    When you realise the last question asked for an animal indicator and you put lichen :/
    Name:  solomon-claude-the-apprentice.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  16.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    was it not 0.6666 x 100 because 2x10 to the 8 / 3 x 10 6 or whatever is surely gonna be higher that 0.67 % thats less than 1%? i thought 0.66667 = 66.7 out of 100 which is 66.7% isnt it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoebeedham)
    I got 29800000000 😂😂😂 whoops
    oh my god im not the only one looooooooool we're wrong though, i devided that by 30200000 and times it by 100, i wrote 98% :lol: i failed that exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B3ASTy)
    Someone said to me it said animals not plants, is this true?
    It did say animals, for example, i put Stonefly Nymphs as they were indicators of aerobic water.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 20.00.53.png
Views: 137
Size:  32.2 KB

well this is what was said
    ::rolleyes: They don't decide the grade boundaries until after marking happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cirsium)
    damn u ruined it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bush9/11)
    My mum works for AQA and she said that this years paper was an inside job
    what does this mean??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by molly123x)
    was it not 0.6666 x 100 because 2x10 to the 8 / 3 x 10 6 or whatever is surely gonna be higher that 0.67 % thats less than 1%? i thought 0.66667 = 66.7 out of 100 which is 66.7% isnt it?
    Think about it:
    10 to the 6 out of 10 to the 8 is about 1%
    And this was 2 x 10^6 / 3 x 10^8 so it's gonna be 2/3 of 1%... Which is 0.67

Edit: Also, not being funny, but if 2/3 of everyone who got malaria died of it I reckon there'd be less people going to malaria infested countries ;-)

ReputationRep:
    Tbh that paper was hard af, the grade boudaries should be like 19 for a C , 25 for a B, 32 for an A and 43 for an A*

ReputationRep:
    damn u ruined it
    I'm mean, but I've spent my afternoon reassuring freaking out kids so I'm feeling sympathetic!

ReputationRep:
    Tbh that paper was hard af, the grade boudaries should be like 19 for a C , 25 for a B, 32 for an A and 43 for an A*
    Yesss contact AQA!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not really connected, but does anyone have any idea what the grade boundaries might be for the exam? I know they change but any idea at all would be a good confidence boost / destroyer. haha

ReputationRep:
    That makes sense

ReputationRep:
    This would be ideal!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I swear to god if it's like 46 for an A I'll cry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AxSirlotl)
    I got 66.6% for the malaria question because I figured that 0.6% of all people infected with malaria dying was way too low to be correct.
    It asked for it as a percentage, so shouldn't you have multiplied by 100, to get 60%? That's what I put.

ReputationRep:
    Think about it:
    10 to the 6 out of 10 to the 8 is about 1%
    And this was 2 x 10^6 / 3 x 10^8 so it's gonna be 2/3 of 1%... Which is 0.67
    ughhh i got 0.6667 but i thought that cant be right so i timesed it by 100

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.