The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics Pure Core 4 MPC4 - 17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Qcomber
Probably a low C

thank you! thats even higher than I even expected
Original post by DEWR98
Basically I would've worked out magnitude of AB divided it by 3 then 2 to get the magnitude from intersection point to C or D then get whatever that vector was and make a quadratic. I hope it's 59 again for 90ums like a few years ago, in case I dropped the odd few apart from my definite 10

Ooooo. That sounds like what I did. Hoping to get those method marks.
Reply 922
Original post by edotcassidy
i think i got 40/45 on core 3 and 50/55 on core 4. do you think this will be 50 UMS and 70 UMS?

yeah m8 whatever you wish!
Original post by DEWR98
Basically I would've worked out magnitude of AB divided it by 3 then 2 to get the magnitude from intersection point to C or D then get whatever that vector was and make a quadratic. I hope it's 59 again for 90ums like a few years ago, in case I dropped the odd few apart from my definite 10

Woah what year was it 59 for 90 UMS??
Reply 924
Any idea what around 63 in C3 and 63 in C4 would be?
How difficult did you guys find this compared to Jun 15 and Jun 14 respectively?
Original post by QuantumPotato
How difficult did you guys find this compared to Jun 15 and Jun 14 respectively?

June 2015 was harder but june 2014 was easier
Reply 927
Original post by Chickychick
What would 40/45 marks be in C4 because right now I am panicking :frown:

I feel exactly like you, I did so well in past papers and now I'm looking at 40/75 in the real exam😒
Reply 928
Did anyone else feel like they messed up this paper? I'm so pissed off should have aced the exam but had a off day I guess
Reply 929
Original post by Maj12
Did anyone else feel like they messed up this paper? I'm so pissed off should have aced the exam but had a off day I guess

Same here.
It's worrying that more people found C4 a bit better than C3 so the boundaries might be higher. Yet C4 is the paper that I think I did slightly worse in :/
Reply 930
Original post by QuantumPotato

i Found June 14 and June 15 about the same, like the vectors question in the previous ones was fairly difficult too, what about you?
Original post by HarryR1
Any idea what around 63 in C3 and 63 in C4 would be?

I think 63 in core 3 is pretty commendable and will be above 90UMS easy...it could have the potential to be full ums based on how hard the paper was but to be safe I'd say it's an A*
Core 4 would be slightly less but I think still well into the A boundary. Maybe 87/88. Last year it was 63 for an A* in Core 4 and I think the general consensus is they were similar in difficulty with this paper maybe being slightly slightly easier.

Of course you can't really say anything for definite until result's day and I am not aqa I am one opinion.
Reply 932
Original post by mgill17
Woah what year was it 59 for 90 UMS??

I think 2011, but A* boundary normally hovers between that and 64. I think for the paper I got 65/66 do you think that'd be borderline A*? I don't think the paper was harder overall in comparison to last two years but mistakes I did make were arithmetic and including 0 and 360 for the Cosθ quadratic.
Original post by DEWR98
I think 2011, but A* boundary normally hovers between that and 64. I think for the paper I got 65/66 do you think that'd be borderline A*? I don't think the paper was harder overall in comparison to last two years but mistakes I did make were arithmetic and including 0 and 360 for the Cosθ quadratic.

Yeah I'd go 89-93 ums with that. Hey it could be higher, we don't really know what the boundaries are till AQA say but I would say it would be teetering so you're probably safe.

Also I don't think they penalise you for putting 0 and 360..It usually says ignore any outside of the interval, which they would be classed as...
Reply 934
Original post by mgill17
I think 63 in core 3 is pretty commendable and will be above 90UMS easy...it could have the potential to be full ums based on how hard the paper was but to be safe I'd say it's an A*
Core 4 would be slightly less but I think still well into the A boundary. Maybe 87/88. Last year it was 63 for an A* in Core 4 and I think the general consensus is they were similar in difficulty with this paper maybe being slightly slightly easier.

Of course you can't really say anything for definite until result's day and I am not aqa I am one opinion.

Thanks a lot, that's around what I expected. Annoyed at the amount of silly mistakes I made in both papers but hopefully I can still scrape an A*.
Anyone got any idea if these marks would be an A*.

Core 3 ~63
Core 4 ~ 58 - 62 (depends on on how many marks I'll get for messing up Binomial
Original post by will181
Anyone got any idea if these marks would be an A*.

Core 3 ~63
Core 4 ~ 58 - 62 (depends on on how many marks I'll get for messing up Binomial

I'd say 63 in Core 3 is safe for an A* considering how bad a lot of people found it. Whether that's full ums or anything who knows...there's been a Core 2 paper that capped at 61 RAW before..but then also consider this is core 3...and a whole four years later.

For Core 4 I feel like you've given a range that could practically be just scraping an A grade to a high A grade. Since the A boundary is usually 5/6 marks difference anyway.

That being said your Core 3 mark may be enough to get you an A*.
Original post by omarharoun3
yeah but thats like 5 years ago... things have changed

I guess things haven't changed lol since it's 47 for an A :smile:
Original post by JasmineXu
have you guys got the full solution and the pastpaper??。

I don't think you can get the solutions until some time around May
Original post by JasmineXu
have you guys got the full solution and the pastpaper??。

I do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending