The Current Year 12 thread 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    Not been active lately, so much work to do

So my targets are CCC but I hope to achieve BBB or better because I want to prove I can do it
    Similar here. Predicted Distinction*, Distinction, D. I want 2 dist* and at least a C!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kxjzh)
    Similar here. Predicted Distinction*, Distinction, D. I want 2 dist* and at least a C!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck! Hope you get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    Good luck! Hope you get it.
    Thank you. You too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Been looking for this thread forever!

Hi my name is Bashiru Abubakar, aka Bash. I'm interested in technology, and my main hobbies include, graphic and web design. I achieved 9 a stars and an A at GCSE, the subjects which I have chosen are Economics, Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I hope to work in finance in the future, perhaps banking. And yes of course it will be a delight to go to Oxford and study this course!

Edit

P.S. I also received my target grades a few days ago, which are 2 A stars and 2 A's 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    i'm also doing maths and fm on ocr mei, and we're doing C1, C2, FP1, D1, S1 and S2 this year, then FP2, C3, C4, M1, M2 and M3 next year. i have no idea what mechanics will be like (i'm guessing it'll start off with kinematics, which i don't mind) so doing three modules of it is daunting hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm doing further maths too but I'm behind already because I changed from something else lol I do edexcel but all the same modules as you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a little late to the party but oh well

- Introduce yourself
    Hey, I'm Hannah, I'm 16 and from the north west. I got 7A* and 3A at GCSE. I aspire to go to an Oxbridge university or maybe Edinburgh
    - What are your hobbies and interests?
    My hobbies mostly include playing video games (league of legends mostly)
    - What subjects are you planning to take?
    I took Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, and Geology
    - Your favourite subject(s)?
    I love all of them but currently geology is my favourite.
    - Your ideal future occupation?
    I'd enjoy doing something to do with natural sciences.

ReputationRep:
    - Introduce yourself
    Hi! I'm Lauren, 16 and currently just about surviving Year 12.
    I love dancing, singing, youtube, writing, and stationary (I'm not even ashamed)
    I'm taking Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. I was also taking English Language but I decided to drop it and focus on my other 3 subjects.
    Right now, I really can't decide. I've never done psychology before and I'm really enjoying it atm, and I love chemistry and biology as well...
    I'd love to become a midwife, surgeon or a pathologist, however anything on the medical path would suit me fine at the minute!!

If anyone wants to talk about A Levels or just wants a new friend, then my snapchat is itslaurenx . Feel free to add me, I'd like to think I'm nice !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itslaurenx)
    - Introduce yourself
    I love dancing, singing, youtube, writing, and stationary (I'm not even ashamed)
    I'm taking Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. I was also taking English Language but I decided to drop it and focus on my other 3 subjects.
    Right now, I really can't decide. I've never done psychology before and I'm really enjoying it atm, and I love chemistry and biology as well...
    I'd love to become a midwife, surgeon or a pathologist, however anything on the medical path would suit me fine at the minute!!

If anyone wants to talk about A Levels or just wants a new friend, then my snapchat is itslaurenx . Feel free to add me, I'd like to think I'm nice !!
    (Original post by Lokiana)
    I'm a little late to the party but oh well

- Introduce yourself
    Hey, I'm Hannah, I'm 16 and from the north west. I got 7A* and 3A at GCSE. I aspire to go to an Oxbridge university or maybe Edinburgh
    My hobbies mostly include playing video games (league of legends mostly)
    I took Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, and Geology
    I love all of them but currently geology is my favourite.
    I'd enjoy doing something to do with natural sciences.
    hi

- Introduce yourself
    I'm Kevin, a 17 year old just moved from the Netherlands.
    Mostly playing sports e.g. basketball, biking and football, reading and some other irrelevant stuff.
    - What subjects are you taking?
    Currently doing History, Government and Politics, English Language & Literature and Geography. Targeting for at least 2/3 A's at AS>
    History obviously. The one and only true subject. In all seriousness, I have always loved history and reading about it and plan on studying it after A levels.
    No idea! I will see where a History degree will lead me. I hope to get a place at a place like Edinburgh, Warwick or York, although it is going to be hard.

ReputationRep:
    Heyyyy oooh I'm doing ur subjects 😜✌️️
    (Original post by itslaurenx)
    - Introduce yourself

ReputationRep:
    - Introduce yourself

I'm Ishan, 16, from Manchester, and am just another TSRian trying to get through A levels this year.

Hobbies - I play badminton and cricket, play the piano and all the usual other hobbies a 16 year old has.
    Interests - Science

Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Biology (AS)

Chemistry, then Maths, then Physics and Biology

I guess an ideal occupation would involve something to do with Chemistry/Engineering and would be very well paid as well as enjoyable.

I personally have aspirations of Oxbridge (like thousands of others on here unfortunately ), but I haven't decided which university course I will apply for, or what career path to follow. I'm deciding between Chemistry, Engineering, maybe Chemical Engineering or Physics as a university course. I do want to hear from people who are in a similar position to me, or with similar interests, and are deciding, or have decided, what they want to do with their lives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B4sh)
    Been looking for this thread forever!

Hi my name is Bashiru Abubakar, aka Bash. I'm interested in technology, and my main hobbies include, graphic and web design. I achieved 9 a stars and an A at GCSE, the subjects which I have chosen are Economics, Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I hope to work in finance in the future, perhaps banking. And yes of course it will be a delight to go to Oxford and study this course!

Edit

P.S. I also received my target grades a few days ago, which are 2 A stars and 2 A's 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ayyyy my business bud bash!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metalfros)
    hi

- What subjects are you taking?
    Currently doing History, Government and Politics, English Language & Literature and Geography. Targeting for at least 2/3 A's at AS>
    History obviously. The one and only true subject. In all seriousness, I have always loved history and reading about it and plan on studying it after A levels.
    No idea! I will see where a History degree will lead me. I hope to get a place at a place like Edinburgh, Warwick or York, although it is going to be hard.

Hey! You're taking history and government, and so am I!!
    I love history so much; what course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm Sophie!

I'm taking Psychology, Biology, English Language and French (as well as the EPQ) - all to the full A-Level, because AS is no longer possible!
    My main hobby is playing the piano but I also help out at a horse riding centre for the disabled and love anything to do with music and languages. I'm not sure what career I want to go into, but perhaps Speech Therapy. I would like to use languages and psychology in the future ideally, but I'm unsure.
    I really want to go to either Edinburgh or Warwick university, but I have some other university ideas too. ((I'm not sure if I'm making a mistake taking 4 A-Levels + the EPQ, especially since unis only ask for 3. I don't know if I'm making it hard for myself and if I should drop Biology (probably my least favourite of the 4 - I think French is my favourite one), but I really really like all of my A-Levels. I just think I might regret it when it comes to revision time...))

ReputationRep:
    Thank God my art teacher is giving us a little extra to do our work, I'm getting so stressed with the work. They gave us tons of extra work every lesson and I nearly had a breakdown over it.

ReputationRep:
    - Introduce yourself

Hey my name is Zahra! I'm doing Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Sociology AS levels. So far my favourites are chemistry and sociology. I'm hoping to become a dentist.

ReputationRep:
    I'm Hasan. I need some advice. Is there any point for me to take Further maths as a 5th A level. I'm already taking maths, bio,phys,chem

(Original post by Himtiaz)
    I'm Hasan. I need some advice. Is there any point for me to take Further maths as a 5th A level. I'm already taking maths, bio,phys,chem
    If you're not currently struggling with your workload, go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxfsxh)
    Hey! You're taking history and government, and so am I!!
    I love history so much; what course are you doing?
    Doing the boring Cold War and the far more interesting Tudors. Richard III deserved the Kingdom of England tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metalfros)
    Doing the boring Cold War and the far more interesting Tudors. Richard III deserved the Kingdom of England tbh.
    Aw I'm doing the opposite course and therefore doing Tsarist and Communist Russia as well as British politics. And Richard III definitely deserved more attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie !)
    Hey I'm Sophie!

I'm taking Psychology, Biology, English Language and French (as well as the EPQ) - all to the full A-Level, because AS is no longer possible!
    My main hobby is playing the piano but I also help out at a horse riding centre for the disabled and love anything to do with music and languages. I'm not sure what career I want to go into, but perhaps Speech Therapy. I would like to use languages and psychology in the future ideally, but I'm unsure.
    I really want to go to either Edinburgh or Warwick university, but I have some other university ideas too. ((I'm not sure if I'm making a mistake taking 4 A-Levels + the EPQ, especially since unis only ask for 3. I don't know if I'm making it hard for myself and if I should drop Biology (probably my least favourite of the 4 - I think French is my favourite one), but I really really like all of my A-Levels. I just think I might regret it when it comes to revision time...))

I was about to do 4 + EPQ, but I thought the workload was too much, so I stuck to 4. I don't really think it's worth going through that much stress for 4 subjects and EPQ.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.