Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Really hope we run a pick play just to knock Ward out this game. Gronk needs to be careful hes a dirty son of a *****.

ReputationRep:
    Julian ****ing Edelman!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Julian ****ing Edelman!
    Ward does aim for knees. It's not really a fair technique.

That was awesome from Edelman though. I have him in one of my fantasy teams too so I have a lot of time for that kind of play. Can't believe Colquitt managed to get it away, if that gets blocked it's a touchdown anyway so he was pretty much screwed. I'm not sure Tim Wright is an illegal block in the back either but I'm not all that clear on the rule.

I've decided people need to stop *****ing at Bortles for picks. Manning's thrown 1 and almost thrown 1 this game already, there's a fine line between genius and madness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Ward does aim for knees. It's not really a fair technique.

That was awesome from Edelman though. I have him in one of my fantasy teams too so I have a lot of time for that kind of play. Can't believe Colquitt managed to get it away, if that gets blocked it's a touchdown anyway so he was pretty much screwed. I'm not sure Tim Wright is an illegal block in the back either but I'm not all that clear on the rule.
    Edelman has had his wheaties today.

ReputationRep:
    Edelman has had his wheaties today.
    The Broncos kicker most certainly has not. I don't care how windy it is today 6/9 overall is horrible. 6/9 kickers cause play calling like that. 4th&6!? Sack. It really was inevitable.

I know it's cruel but I'm hoping Romo doesn't play next week either. The Jags defense has the potential to eat Weeden alive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    The Broncos kicker most certainly has not. I don't care how windy it is today 6/9 overall is horrible.

I know it's cruel but I'm hoping Romo doesn't play next week either. The Jags defense has the potential to eat Weeden alive.
    Yeah man one of those games so far but I like it

ReputationRep:
    Mannings hearing footsteps right now. We traded a bag of Peanuts for Ayers...

ReputationRep:
    Man Edelman, was quiet the last two games kinda figured he would have a big one though.

Broncos defense isn't as scary as people make it out to be.

ReputationRep:
    Just as I say that Minitron has another TD.

wait its coming back i think.

ReputationRep:
    Watching Stork block is actually pretty impressive. Not surprised he won best center in college when you look at him block.

ReputationRep:
    Games not over yet. Better be thinking of the regular season game last year. We need to keep the pressure up on Manning, as well as an 8 minute drive please :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Go D. Turn them into points.

ReputationRep:
    A rough game, yes...but the Patriots outplayed the Broncos in all three phases. I actually thought the ref's had a very good game, with some good no calls on the WRs and DBs; it's right that they go and fight for each and every ball. It always hurts to lose...but there were a lot of plays left on the table with the lack of third and fourth down conversion. The Broncos had no confidence in the kicker, and it showed always going for four. The Patriots can go into their bye feeling good, but it is any given Sunday. The Patriots may have tricky series of games coming up, but there is The Broncos must not trip up in their next few games. #UnitedInOrange

ReputationRep:
    Happy with that win. Gotta win out or only drop one.

ReputationRep:
    Gronk getting me some decent points, hopefully should make up for Rivers' abysmal display.

ReputationRep:
    Brady what's there to say about him.

Also Gronkowski is uncoverable he makes this offense so much more potent.

ReputationRep:
    Brady what's there to say about him.

Also Gronkowski is uncoverable he makes this offense so much more potent.
    I'm just disgusted von Miller showed no effort, at all, on the TD. Not only did Gronk get a free release...he just walked into the end zone. And it's not like von Miller doesn't have the athleticism to match Gronk either. Alas, he may be a pass rusher, but he needs to do better in coverage. There were so many other times when Gronk got a free release. That's on the weak linebacker corps. Is it a different story if Danny Trevathan isn't injured? Who knows...

I saw a lot of busted coverages and silly errors by the defense, which really needs to sharpen up. I think maybe the Broncos are trading up in the draft and picking up Landon Collins, because Rahim Moore is not good enough to start. I stopped counting after 5 screw ups on ST and at FS. He's really running out of chances, and free agency is coming up, after all....

"Do your job" is such an important mantra to defense...and too many didn't. It should be for offense. Wes Welker is a role model...and he did have to play a bit of defense to stop a pick...but he's just not got it anymore. The concussions and hits have added up and he's a rabbit caught in the headlights. I don't expect him to be back next season...and that's a shame. Some serious bad plays on special teams, and not just the fumbled snap-punt-return TD. In this game, in the secondary...the Broncos missed someone with Champ's tackling ability, and the coverage wasn't tight enough.

The only positive is that the Broncos will be at Mile High next year, and the Chargers lost...I guess.

This is one you look at the tape...learn it and then put it in the proverbial p***box. Move on, and put the hard lessons to good use.

I still think the Broncos defense is better suited to a 3-4, formation. Put Wolfe and Malik Jackson either side of Pot Roast; von Miller/Trevathan, Demarcus Ware at OLB, Trevathan/Irving and Brandon Marshall in the MLB slot. And I think a 3-4 formation where you have the OLB setting the edge, you can then stick LB on Gronk much easier...with 3 or 4 to rush the passer and seven or eight in coverage with some sort of Cover6 on Gronk's side. My point that if every does their job though...it's a non issue.

Which brings me to my next point. It's nice that Coach Fox wasn't conservative today. He was pretty agressive with some of the calls. To anyone thinking Adam Gase should be a head coach....they must've been high. Some of the offensive play calling was just...weird. 1st and 10: Rush of 8. 2nd And 2: Incomplete Pass to Tamme; 3rd And 2: Incomplete Pass to Sanders 4th and 2: Incomplete Pass to Tamme in end zone. Just rush it. CJ Anderson ran with the most heart today. Grab a new set of downs and go again...just don't give the ball back to the Patriots!! McManus, like more is being really hard to defend. Goskowski, Prater, Tucker, Haushcka and Bailey are all clutch kickers. McManus..well he's not. Yes they he's a rookie...and playing at Foxboro is tough (understatement of the century, right there). A big leg counts for sweet f.a. if he isn't accurate, and it's becoming a trend. And too many non-touchbacks...is really not acceptable, when teams are starting from the 30, 40 etc. Cornick was another weak spot, at RT, and again, is a rookie, but it's basic footwork and pressure.

ReputationRep:
    This catch my god...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy4041)
    I'm just disgusted von Miller showed no effort, at all, on the TD. Not only did Gronk get a free release...he just walked into the end zone. And it's not like von Miller doesn't have the athleticism to match Gronk either. Alas, he may be a pass rusher, but he needs to do better in coverage. There were so many other times when Gronk got a free release. That's on the weak linebacker corps. Is it a different story if Danny Trevathan isn't injured? Who knows...

I saw a lot of busted coverages and silly errors by the defense, which really needs to sharpen up. I think maybe the Broncos are trading up in the draft and picking up Landon Collins, because Rahim Moore is not good enough to start. I stopped counting after 5 screw ups on ST and at FS. He's really running out of chances, and free agency is coming up, after all....

"Do your job" is such an important mantra to defense...and too many didn't. It should be for offense. Wes Welker is a role model...and he did have to play a bit of defense to stop a pick...but he's just not got it anymore. The concussions and hits have added up and he's a rabbit caught in the headlights. I don't expect him to be back next season...and that's a shame. Some serious bad plays on special teams, and not just the fumbled snap-punt-return TD. In this game, in the secondary...the Broncos missed someone with Champ's tackling ability, and the coverage wasn't tight enough.

The only positive is that the Broncos will be at Mile High next year, and the Chargers lost...I guess.

This is one you look at the tape...learn it and then put it in the proverbial p***box. Move on, and put the hard lessons to good use.

I still think the Broncos defense is better suited to a 3-4, formation. Put Wolfe and Malik Jackson either side of Pot Roast; von Miller/Trevathan, Demarcus Ware at OLB, Trevathan/Irving and Brandon Marshall in the MLB slot. And I think a 3-4 formation where you have the OLB setting the edge, you can then stick LB on Gronk much easier...with 3 or 4 to rush the passer and seven or eight in coverage with some sort of Cover6 on Gronk's side. My point that if every does their job though...it's a non issue.

Which brings me to my next point. It's nice that Coach Fox wasn't conservative today. He was pretty agressive with some of the calls. To anyone thinking Adam Gase should be a head coach....they must've been high. Some of the offensive play calling was just...weird. 1st and 10: Rush of 8. 2nd And 2: Incomplete Pass to Tamme; 3rd And 2: Incomplete Pass to Sanders 4th and 2: Incomplete Pass to Tamme in end zone. Just rush it. CJ Anderson ran with the most heart today. Grab a new set of downs and go again...just don't give the ball back to the Patriots!! McManus, like more is being really hard to defend. Goskowski, Prater, Tucker, Haushcka and Bailey are all clutch kickers. McManus..well he's not. Yes they he's a rookie...and playing at Foxboro is tough (understatement of the century, right there). A big leg counts for sweet f.a. if he isn't accurate, and it's becoming a trend. And too many non-touchbacks...is really not acceptable, when teams are starting from the 30, 40 etc. Cornick was another weak spot, at RT, and again, is a rookie, but it's basic footwork and pressure.
    Really surprised you didn't blitz more. No one can stop Gronkowski the best way of limiting him is sending more blitzers so that Gronk has to stay back to help block. Like how Stork handled Pot Roast as well, offensive line is much improved from the hell I watched the first 4 games. Brady's getting a nice clean pocket to throw now, the loss is bad for the Broncos but I mean coming to Foxborough isn't exactly an easy place to come to and get a win. You guys still can't cover tight ends though which im not surprised.

The Welker hit I thought was actually a rather poor throw by Manning. That one was just asking to get smacked defenseless. Also the kicker really inspired no confidence although was surprised as Id heard good things about him.

ReputationRep:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.