Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schichtoe)
    I can't see us losing tonight, because I'm an actual supporter and I always back my team. Chin up. We have a better team than them. Can't see how it's inconceivable to you that we might actually use those better players to win the football game.

We need it tonight. The boys have to turn up and get our season started.

It goes without saying that assured qualification for the group stages will significantly help us in moves in the transfer market.
    That doesn't make you an actual supporter. It's fans like you who have supported Wenger through the various hardships of the past 8 years that will eventually see that you were wrong, if a) Wenger doesn't buy any real quality players by September 2nd or b) Win a trophy this year.

ReputationRep:
    I expect no less than 3 goals 2nite lads
    lets av it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    That doesn't make you an actual supporter. It's fans like you who have supported Wenger through the various hardships of the past 8 years that will eventually see that you were wrong, if a) Wenger doesn't buy any real quality players by September 2nd or b) Win a trophy this year.
    We don't necessarily have to win a trophy this season to stop ourselves from thinking that Wenger shouldn't be supported... We just need to be significantly closer than we have in the last 8 years. We need to show progression
    I'd be happy with at least 2 of the following things:
    1) Top 3 in the league
    2) Wembley appearance (Capital One Cup Final or FA Cup semi-final/final)
    3) A trophy
    4) Champions League Quarter Final
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    People need to stop counting on Fenerbache being kicked out of European football because a) We will be rescheduled with another team anyway so no point... and b) The pride is always in winning and succeeding on the pitch, not by another team getting booted out of a competition.

My prediction:

2-1 to AFC

ReputationRep:
    Hypothetical situation; Wenger doesnt spend a penny and builds our reserves up to 250m ish by next summer after qualifying for the CL again but winning nothing. He leaves and the new manager has basically 9 years of transfer funds to blow in one window with the Emirates stadium paid off etc. He may not be winning trophies, but if this is failure then 99% of managers are doing it wrong. Not even Fergie left that kind of inheritance. And this is why people are overcritical of Wenger.

ReputationRep:
    Not relevant. I've supported Wenger because I didn't want us to spend ****loads whilst trying to pay off a new stadium. I don't advocate that policy any more.

How my believing Arsenal are going to win against Fenerbache, when we have a significantly stronger team and record, is affected by Arsenal's current transfer policy, I don't really know. I think we need to spend money. I've been critical in the past. I'll still get behind my team and think we can win tonight, because we can. Saying "I don't think we can win tonight" on the basis of not strengthening a squad is idiotic. Support your ****ing team. We're not good enough to win the title, fine. I accept that. I am PRAYING for us to go in to the transfer market. I think we will. Makes no difference, though - I'll always be supporting my team, I won't ever want them to lose, and I'll always have the expectation that an Arsenal team can beat anybody (and our team CAN, by the way). Doing anything to the contrary is stupid. Yes, criticise, but don't stop supporting. That just makes things much, much worse.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    I pray that there will be loads and loads of Arsenal Away supporters there tonight, hope there will be significant amount that have traveled to Istanbul despite their anger at Wenger. The team really needs our support, after all, it's not their fault players haven't been signed yet cos from the way it looks on twitter Fenerbache fans are W.I.L.D wild.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by Schichtoe)
    Not relevant. I've supported Wenger because I didn't want us to spend ****loads whilst trying to pay off a new stadium. I don't advocate that policy any more.

How my believing Arsenal are going to win against Fenerbache, when we have a significantly stronger team and record, is affected by Arsenal's current transfer policy, I don't really know. I think we need to spend money. I've been critical in the past. I'll still get behind my team and think we can win tonight, because we can. Saying "I don't think we can win tonight" on the basis of not strengthening a squad is idiotic. Support your ****ing team. We're not good enough to win the title, fine. I accept that. I am PRAYING for us to go in to the transfer market. I think we will. Makes no difference, though - I'll always be supporting my team, I won't ever want them to lose, and I'll always have the expectation that an Arsenal team can beat anybody (and our team CAN, by the way). Doing anything to the contrary is stupid. Yes, criticise, but don't stop supporting. That just makes things much, much worse.
    Apart from this whole Arsene Wenger arguement thing you guys have going on here, I don't know. I don't want to get involved.
    But the rest of what this guys says about supporting the team... well he has a point. A very very good point. C'mon guys just deal with the present, and reserve your judgement until after September 2nd. COYG!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone kinda scared that if we lose tonight the entire club will just go into complete meltdown with the media blowing everything out of proportion and then squad moral will be rock bottom and the fans booing throughout our next home games until Wenger is gone or some drastic action is taken? Mayhem.

Pleassseee win Wengerrr!

ReputationRep:
    We should still be able to field a decent starting eleven tonight, so I'm quite confident actually. Having said that, I don't know to what degree the Villa result affected the team's own confidence. At least we're not playing Galatasaray. Them some bad memories, right there.

Anyway... Up The Arsenal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    Anyone kinda scared that if we lose tonight the entire club will just go into complete meltdown with the media blowing everything out of proportion and then squad moral will be rock bottom and the fans booing throughout our next home games until Wenger is gone or some drastic action is taken? Mayhem.

Pleassseee win Wengerrr!
    It's a two-legged affair. Even if we lose by two clear goals tonight, I'd still back us to win the tie at the Emirates. Turkey is a difficult place to go, and most teams have a hard time of it over there, especially in Instanbul. So, if we do lose and the media and other sets of fans get on our backs, that's their ****. Personally, I'm looking for a bit of spirit from our lads, a sign that they have the fight in them.

ReputationRep:
    For those of you not aware, tonight's match is live on Sky Sports 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    At these times I feel like a boss knowing that I have Sky Sports and BT Sports lol. Gonna watch Villa and Chelsea highlights after the match then watch Athletico Madrid take on Barcelona, evening sorted.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker (c), Koscielny, Gibbs, Wilshere, Ramsey, Rosicky, Cazorla, Walcott, Giroud
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    By the way we will be wearing our home kit with blue shorts due to the clash with fenerbache's kit.

Name:  BSMaQRYCUAAkja9.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  52.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    By the way we will be wearing our home kit with blue shorts due to the clash with fenerbache's kit.

that looks extremely odd :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker (c), Koscielny, Gibbs, Wilshere, Ramsey, Rosicky, Cazorla, Walcott, Giroud
    Seems like Wenger is adamant on Cazorla playing on the wing. I don't mind that (eben though he's better in the middle) because Rosicky is quality and Cazorla out wide is better than Podolski.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)

Looks incredibly bizarre but if it works, great

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hope poldi doesn't leave at the end of the season due to lack of playing time

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.