Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok this storm is getting annoying now wish the wind would shut up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Having one of those nights where I just cant shut my brain up. Lecture at 9am too...

The past few weeks since uni have not been brilliant. I've been feeling ill, tired, unmotivated and just generally down about myself. I'm making far to much of a habbit of missing meals and lectures just cos I can't bring myself to get out of my bed/ room. A lot of the time i've been hiding away in my room until my flat are either out or in bed. Obviously this isn't a good thing to be doing but I just can't bring myself to step out there and expose myself to the world. I should be going out and meeting people and joining societies but I just want to hide away in my room and avoid everyone and everything.

I haven't done any work really. I've done one chapter of reading so far and two small assignments. I have an essay due in on thursday which I have done absolutely nothing for. I have applied for DSA which will be giving me help with reading and stuff but that won't happen until after christmas.

My OCD was rather quiet to start with but now it's starting to come out more.

I'm just feeling useless and pessimistic at the moment. I have no motivation to do anything and i'm so sure i'm going to end up failing and being a total loner and being miserable and having to drop out. I don't know if I can do this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have MS.I'm so tired of being in pain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha96)
    I'm on that. Made me feel really queasy for a couple of weeks but that wore off. :yep: Don't feel it's done anything for me so far but I'm still on quite a low dosage while they sort out my other medication (they dont want to change both at the same time). Hope it works for you! :hugs:
    Been a while since I've posted on here :ashamed2:

Just give everyone a quick update,
    I went back to the doctors to tell them to get me off prozac otherwise something bad will happen, he insisted that I stayed on them and I insisted back that I will do something if I carry on on these tablets, so he's switched them for citrolopram? (I think that's how it's spelt), been about 4 weeks and it hasn't stopped the voices and the shadow people I'm seeing, it's also not helping with my moods and stuff, I'm still the same as I was before I went on them.
    I saw the SAP team (Single Point of Access) and my clinician has referred me for a psych assessment which was 3 or 4 weeks from seeing him, I have to say, without triggering, I was really bad. Put it that way. I was desperate for help really, and because I was I went back to see my doctor to see if he could push my appointment through, a few days afterwards I got a letter from the unit saying they're pushing BACK my appointment because of 'Unforeseeable circumstances', my mum who now knows everything was furious because she works in the system, she phoned up and asked if could be pushed forward and they refused.:unimpressed:

Sigh, so college has set me up with this therapy/counselling thing with an organization because they're really concerned about my welfare, it's tomorrow and I'm a bit reluctant to go- I've had things like this before and non of it has helped.

Anyway, how is everyone doing? It's been a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenatlantic)
    Been a while since I've posted on here :ashamed2:

Just give everyone a quick update,
    I went back to the doctors to tell them to get me off prozac otherwise something bad will happen, he insisted that I stayed on them and I insisted back that I will do something if I carry on on these tablets, so he's switched them for citrolopram? (I think that's how it's spelt), been about 4 weeks and it hasn't stopped the voices and the shadow people I'm seeing, it's also not helping with my moods and stuff, I'm still the same as I was before I went on them.
    I saw the SAP team (Single Point of Access) and my clinician has referred me for a psych assessment which was 3 or 4 weeks from seeing him, I have to say, without triggering, I was really bad. Put it that way. I was desperate for help really, and because I was I went back to see my doctor to see if he could push my appointment through, a few days afterwards I got a letter from the unit saying they're pushing BACK my appointment because of 'Unforeseeable circumstances', my mum who now knows everything was furious because she works in the system, she phoned up and asked if could be pushed forward and they refused.:unimpressed:

Sigh, so college has set me up with this therapy/counselling thing with an organization because they're really concerned about my welfare, it's tomorrow and I'm a bit reluctant to go- I've had things like this before and non of it has helped.

Anyway, how is everyone doing? It's been a while
    Lauren!!! It's been a while! :hugs:

I'm sorry to hear about that, but the therapy/counselling could help ya out. Obviously you'll be hesitant if it hasn't worked out that well in the past, but things could be different this time around

I'm doing fine for now thank you! I'll crack on with some work related shenanigans soon

It's good to see you again :grin: :jive:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    Lauren!!! It's been a while! :hugs:

I'm sorry to hear about that, but the therapy/counselling could help ya out. Obviously you'll be hesitant if it hasn't worked out that well in the past, but things could be different this time around

I'm doing fine for now thank you! I'll crack on with some work related shenanigans soon

It's good to see you again :grin: :jive:
    Ah you!

Hopefully it does something but I don't think the problem is short term which is what counselling focusses on, I don't need all these coping strategies and stuff I've heard it all before argh

That's fantastic to hear! What's going on in your world?

Been literally up to my eyeballs in ucas application stuff, nearly finished it now so that's good, I'll be coming on here more often after the 7th of November :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenatlantic)
    Ah you!

Hopefully it does something but I don't think the problem is short term which is what counselling focusses on, I don't need all these coping strategies and stuff I've heard it all before argh

That's fantastic to hear! What's going on in your world?

Been literally up to my eyeballs in ucas application stuff, nearly finished it now so that's good, I'll be coming on here more often after the 7th of November :cool:
    The one and only :mmm:

All counsellors are different as my one does focus on the short term stuff, but she also helps me think ahead for the long term too. Is there a strategy that you try to do when things aren't going that well for you?

Not much haha, i'm working hard on college stuff and trying to fix myself I guess too I feel stronger than I was the last time we spoke and I feel kinder too, so I guess there's progress haha.

Bleurgh UCAS >.< I'm glad you've almost finished it though! How long did it take you roughly? Wooo, i'll look forward to seeing you more
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I feel so unhappy

ReputationRep:
    So just came from my therapist. Intense talk, will write more detail later. I did almost cry though, we discussed how to solve an issue and he said I have to actually want it and work for it and since just talking about it hasn't helped he would take a more strong role in pushing me. Gotta clear my head first, go cycling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emobambam)
    I feel so unhappy
    Want to unload? Anything in particular you are unhappy about or just life in general?

i have MS.everyone in my life either tries to take advantage of me or steal from me.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Said something stupid in front of my housemates Mum whilst drunk last night which she got angry with me about and she's here until tomorrow. Spent the morning tiptoeing around to avoid her and now I just wish the ground would swallow me up so I don't have to face her later. Why does drunk me not know when to keep my mouth shut?. And I still feel like death from the alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    I want to crawl in a hole and hibernate. So much to do. Can't do it. Head is fuzzy. Thought I was feeling better. GAhhhsfohigahio;gah;gdashlk;sadh gkls;ad

ReputationRep:
    Every once in a while my depression likes to remind me just how debilitating it can be.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :grouphugs: for all :yes:

ReputationRep:
    falling into a massive sprial of self hatred at the moment, really dont see much of a way out

rory has also gone into hibernation so i just get worse, and i know its not his fault at all, but i dunno

just hate everything about me and my life at the moment, and the only person keeping me going is rory

ReputationRep:
    I hate how a mood can change so quickly as a result of one little thing :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone.

I was just wondering what you guys do if you've had a particularly bad day? Are there any distractions you use that help?
    I have no coping mechanisms at the moment, and I'm finding it very difficult being locked inside my mind with these distressing thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angury)
    Hey everyone.

I was just wondering what you guys do if you've had a particularly bad day? Are there any distractions you use that help?
    I have no coping mechanisms at the moment, and I'm finding it very difficult being locked inside my mind with these distressing thoughts.
    Getting into a conversation with others about something totally different is the best thing for me.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Angury)
    Hey everyone.

I've never been very good at finding suitable distractions, save for soothing music and talking to good, trusted friends who understand mental health issues. Two BIG don'ts though:

1) Do NOT under any circumstance listen to Barry Manilow songs on repeat. Even if you think it's a good idea at the time. It's really not :no:

:p:

2) Do not watch or listen to anything that might trigger you. Even if you find it weirdly comforting or want to identify with something/someone. It's just not a good idea :no:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
    Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.