Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Definitely not an Arsenal fan though, or if he is then he's a pure masochist. One thing being unhappy with the direction of the the club, quite bizarre to relish in it's failings and belittle it at every opportunity.
    Agree he can be extreme, sometimes I think he does it to wind you guys up. Also the way he's been alienated on this thread by certain posters (not you) means that even if what he's saying is spot on he will he ridiculed/reprimanded for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    You finished exams now ini.

Baconbutty knows his stuff personally. May seem that he's a bit cynical about his own club but he generally has things spot on and puts thought into his posts.
    Finished ages ago man, certain people thought I should take an extended holiday though :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Agree he can be extreme, sometimes I think he does it to wind you guys up. Also the way he's been alienated on this thread by certain posters (not you) means that even if what he's saying is spot on he will he ridiculed/reprimanded for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Name names please :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Name names please :teeth:
    Fairly obvious who I mean tbf. There's only a handful or Arsenal posters who occasionally take their tinted glasses off anyway, so basically Kruz, Zurich and Pete (AR is neutral a lot tbh).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    (AR is neutral a lot tbh).

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Fairly obvious who I mean tbf. There's only a handful or Arsenal posters who occasionally take their tinted glasses off anyway, so basically Kruz, Zurich and Pete (AR is neutral a lot tbh).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sigh what have I done this time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So if we get Sanchez and Debuchy, I think that's already a great start to the window. Debuchy isn't exactly your Phillip Lahm but he's a solid player and RB isn't one of the positions we've needed some one world class in, but more just depth. It will be interesting to see how we would play Sanchez next season, possibly taking Podolski's spot on the left wing or even up front with/out Giroud? Kinda doubt our bid for Khedira will be accepted since even if the player were to leave, I'm sure another club would out bid us for him. He hasn't had the best season or recent performances but I think around 24m is fair and 30m is stretching it, since we can probably get some one more defensive-minded cheaper.

As far as strikers go, I really hope that even if the Sanchez deal falls through, we don't miss out on a striker (again). Giroud, even after being rested, has really been unconvincing (bar the friendlies against lesser teams). Tottenham are meant to be more likely to sign Remy and they probably will since we've been stalling, and apparently Wenger doesn't approve of Mandzukic's 20m price tag. Ballotelli is now out of the question so I'm really starting to wonder what we're going for. At this point I wouldn't mind Morata + Sanchez as long as the stupid buy out clause isn't involved in the deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Sigh what have I done this time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's a good thing! Was essentially naming the list of Arsenal fans on this website who are capable of having an unbiased discussion wrt the team.

Also same for you AR.

Also, how would you guys feel with Sanchez being the marquee buy and no ST? Giroud, Walcott and Podolski should get 45-50 league goals between them and Sanchez can probably offer 15, add to that Ramsey's 15-ish and that's a lot. Get a DM and would that suffice for you guys? Can also play Sanchez up front if need be or even a false 9 formation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    It's a good thing! Was essentially naming the list of Arsenal fans on this website who are capable of having an unbiased discussion wrt the team.

Also same for you AR.

Also, how would you guys feel with Sanchez being the marquee buy and no ST? Giroud, Walcott and Podolski should get 45-50 league goals between them and Sanchez can probably offer 15, add to that Ramsey's 15-ish and that's a lot. Get a DM and would that suffice for you guys? Can also play Sanchez up front if need be or even a false 9 formation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wouldn't be very happy I'd like another striker at least, supposedly I'm hearing we're in for Loic Remy and Sami Khedira. Also reports are saying Toni Kroos will move to Real Madrid after the World Cup, that might force Madrid to sell. I wouldn't mind Khedira but some of the guys on here aren't fans of him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    I wouldn't be very happy I'd like another striker at least, supposedly I'm hearing we're in for Loic Remy.
    This

Tottenham are more likely to get Remy though tbh they'll approach him directly instead of beating around the bush like us

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    I wouldn't be very happy I'd like another striker at least, supposedly I'm hearing we're in for Loic Remy and Sami Khedira. Also reports are saying Toni Kroos will move to Real Madrid after the World Cup, that might force Madrid to sell. I wouldn't mind Khedira but some of the guys on here aren't fans of him.
    Khedira isn't what you need tbh you need a proper DM, which he isn't. How about someone like Remy then? Tbh Walcott is a good enough striker if he says fit all year with Ozil and Ramsey you guys can win it. Big if though with your medical record

Also who drops out of the team with the new DM? Assuming you're playing a 4-2-3-1 who fits in alongside him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Khedira isn't what you need tbh you need a proper DM, which he isn't. How about someone like Remy then? Tbh Walcott is a good enough striker if he says fit all year with Ozil and Ramsey you guys can win it. Big if though with your medical record

Also who drops out of the team with the new DM? Assuming you're playing a 4-2-3-1 who fits in alongside him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Arteta no questions asked

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If Arsenal end up signing Remy I'm going to bring up the posts by one or two on here who were absolutely certain you wouldn't be getting him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Arteta no questions asked

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thought he was a given meant out of Ramsey and Wilshere basically?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I'm happy at least Wenger is trying to get some deals done. Some people on here aren't happy with Debuchy I don't think he's that bad, it seems like a lot of Newcastle fans don't want him to leave. Technically Debuchy isn't bad he's better than Sagna and is a bit more effiecient in the final 3rd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Thought he was a given meant out of Ramsey and Wilshere basically?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ramsey's a dead cert to start so id say Wilshere would be missing out a lot next season then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Yeah I'm happy at least Wenger is trying to get some deals done. Some people on here aren't happy with Debuchy I don't think he's that bad, it seems like a lot of Newcastle fans don't want him to leave. Technically Debuchy isn't bad he's better than Sagna and is a bit more effiecient in the final 3rd.
    Debuchy would be a solid signing. He's ok defensively and going forward and his crossing is pretty good, which is important as you guys rely on width from your fullbacks a lot atm without any proper wingers (Sanchez will change this most likely).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Ramsey's a dead cert to start so id say Wilshere would be missing out a lot next season then

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's probably good for him tbh. A kick up the backside that he needs to push on and really develop as a player.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    debuchy will be a top signing and with jenkinson as cover we shouldnt worry too much. The fullback only has to face the likes of messi (in cl), hazard, ronaldo (if we play rm). the right back has to be sound and last season sagna had his worst game against liverpool AT HOME. Sterling and suarez who played wide left him ragged. Arsene must get a better rightback. If arsenal want to be a force to be reckoned with then why not bid for the likes of lahm, boateng, alves. we might not get them but it certainly shows some passion. the other main worry is cf and midfield. need to play cazorla and ozil centrally and bring in morata/ benzema/balotelli or mandzukic, thats given sanchez is already an arsenal player. also why arsenal no bid for suarez????? i know he is a player with alot of baggage but cmon he was the same last season!!!!

ReputationRep:
    We don't need Remy. Just from watching Joel Campbell most can see he's currently at or very close to Remy's level. He has pace, strength, intelligence and very good technique. Granted he need to work on his conditioning but there's no point wasting money on Remy, he's never had the quality to be at Arsenal.

We need to give the boy a proper chance to show his worth for Arsenal.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.