Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Sorry for late reply.

I agree with what you say though. Tbh with fat people there are too many of them to pay for their treatment when it's a very avoidable thing bar for the obvious thyroid problem the main problem lies on education and if they're still ignorant then they should pay the price for it I'm a selective right winger but fatness is something I can't deal with sorry.

Wrt prohibition thank god it was such a disaster. Weird to think that people from that era still live now wonder how life was back then.
    Hello Jam. I'm just off to London for the day to see friends from last year actually, a shame this wasn't arranged earlier, otherwise we could have continued this over beer, perhaps another time soon!

On a fat tax (or a policy along the lines of no NHS treatment for porkers), you might argue that there are moral arguments in favour, such as that it is unfair for hard working Brits to pay for their habits, but of course, there are also moral arguments against. One is that, it's not the case that the more you eat the fatter you are. Some people can eat huge amounts and just not get fat, others, have to be very careful. Also, it's a slippery slope, because the same policy could apply for anything to smoking, drinking, or even accidents, because you might argue, well it's your fault. Then there is an argument about, it would be unfair because a child might have two fat parents, thus, more likely to be fat than somebody else.

Of course my real worry is how do you enforce it, do you say people over a certain weight can't get treatment, that would be draconian. I think it's a bad policy.

Anyway, tell me about Entourage, how much you watched? Is my boy Vinnie in double figures yet? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fideo)
    Not really fair as it's perfectly possible to eat junk food regularly and not be fat. The problem is generally overeating more than the types of food. You could have a fat tax of some sort though, doesn't Japan have financial punishments if your waist is too large or something.
    Japanese society is quite amusing. They have a culture of corporate responsibility. Its coming under pressure now, but there is a culture of the corporation having responsibility towards its employees. I was reading they have a system now, where corps have to pay a fine for overweight employees. Think it might have been NEC, they were saying could save millions by getting its workforce into shape, and as such the company is taking steps with the canteen and work place incentives. You'd think there is a subtle pressure on employees too, because the company must be aware the fatties cost more to employ.

Japanese society is pretty different to ours though, its more sacrifice for the few for the sake of the many, rather than European style which is sacrifice of the many for the few. I think in reality the difference is minimal, but mentally there is a big difference between the few in terms of how if makes people act wrt to responsibility and entitlement.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as the European thread died, and there is no Serie A thread ( barely used if it exists), I'll post here.

Check out Mexes' attempt in the Roma-Milan game. Its just ridiculous, typical that he would try it, nearly pulls it off. Would surely have been in there for goal of the year.

ReputationRep:

She's basically a worldy. No one compares to u baby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)

She's basically a worldy. No one compares to u baby.
    She's too ****ing crazy :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    She's too ****ing crazy :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :coma: Part of the appeal. Adore that sexy Fraulein.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1419336833.151087.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  37.7 KB

Gus tho..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1419336833.151087.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  37.7 KB

Gus tho..
    He looks like Gru there from Despicable Me. Well, he does to me :teeth:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He looks like Gru there from Despicable Me. Well, he does to me :teeth:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Who's Gru and why have you even watch Despicable Me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has the tsr layout changed on smartphones? Or is it just me :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Each to their own init, I still watch pokemon time to time

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Google it :rolleyes:
    Took my younger sister to watch it at cinemas on her birthday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahaha blame the younger sisters, good one

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    K

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    confession time I listen to Let It Go at the gym

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesR12)
    LOOOOOOL

I listen to temps - next hype 😎

Sometimes even hypest hype, really gets me in the mood

ReputationRep:
    I usually listen to Olly Murs/Rixton/1D

You've got me wrapped up, around your finger, I'll do anything for your love now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Hahaha blame the younger sisters, good one
    Pls Shoo

K

Posted from TSR Mobile
    , you listen to 1D. Nuff said.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesR12)
    :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pls Shoo

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't even worry about it bro, I'm taking my sisters to watch the penguins of Madagascar

Do the maths

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.