Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any last minute tips for a PPE interview over Skype tomorrow? Really nervous :P

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody received a Skype interview invite from Exeter but not been confirmed a date yet? My situation right now and I'm panicking 😅😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzizanW)
    Has anybody received a Skype interview invite from Exeter but not been confirmed a date yet? My situation right now and I'm panicking 😅😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you receive the interview acceptance letter? Or are you waiting on the letter?

ReputationRep:
    Any The Queen's College applicants staying there from the 9th to the 11th??? Feel like I'm the only one there haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neevadesai)
    Hi I've got one at Trinity for law! which college are you placed at?
    Congratulations! And at Brasenose, no idea how close they are!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from trinity for material science yet, did you hear by email or post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ard1246)
    Any The Queen's College applicants staying there from the 9th to the 11th??? Feel like I'm the only one there haha
    Me! Haven't found anyone else from Queen's either! What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MouseyBrown)
    Do you mean when we get there they will already be able to tell us if we are having second interviews at that college, but not about any more after that, or about any we might end up having at other colleges?
    It's a bit complicated because it varies by subject. But for subjects where everyone has an interview at another college, they'll be able to tell you about that from the start.

But for almost all subjects (there are some exceptions, e.g. I think Medicine and Engineering, where you know from the start about all your interviews) you just have to keep watching the noticeboards, because extra interviews may be arranged during the time you're there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iluv)
    Hi guys,
    I have a question regarding the overnight stay at the Oxford college. Is it compulsory to stay there overnight or can you drive back home and come back the next morning? I live in London so Oxford is a two hour car ride away. I want to stay there but my parents are just asking if it is compulsory
    It's not compulsory to stay overnight. But interviews can be lateish at night and early in the morning (e.g. before 9am does happen sometimes). And they might only decide to arrange that early morning interview late the last night. So you'd probably be fine, but it could be a real pain.

And staying is definitely more fun

ReputationRep:
    Any Oriel applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serenial)
    Did you receive the interview acceptance letter? Or are you waiting on the letter?
    Received the invitation, waiting for the confirmation of date.

ReputationRep:
    A bit of a random question, but would anyone say that black converses are too casual for the interviews? Am I better off wearing something more 'professional'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parky98)
    Me! Haven't found anyone else from Queen's either! What are you applying for?
    Law with German Law Wbu??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iluv)
    Hi guys,
    I have a question regarding the overnight stay at the Oxford college. Is it compulsory to stay there overnight or can you drive back home and come back the next morning? I live in London so Oxford is a two hour car ride away. I want to stay there but my parents are just asking if it is compulsory
    no i don't think it's compulsory but it definitely has benefits to it, being that you get a feel for the place and what student life could actually be like. I live in London too but i would suggest staying because you don't know when your earliest interview will be, it'll get tiring going back and forth especially if your interviews are over 3 days, and if you stay you can get to know your potential college classmates.

ReputationRep:
    At the open day in the chemistry talk, Dr. Green (director of studies?) mentioned doing a trial of a chemistry admissions test during the interview period, however it would not be used by admissions tutors for our selection. Is there any update on this? Is it going ahead?

ReputationRep:
    Law with German Law Wbu??
    History What time have they asked you to arrive? I've been asked for 8pm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parky98)
    History What time have they asked you to arrive? I've been asked for 8pm
    They asked me to arrive by 10am on the 9th so I'm actually getting there on the 8th around 9pm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kjlynch)
    A bit of a random question, but would anyone say that black converses are too casual for the interviews? Am I better off wearing something more 'professional'?
    No, they're absolutely fine. As long as they're clean and tidy it's not a problem.

Which subject are you being interviewed for and at which college?

ReputationRep:
    They asked me to arrive by 10am on the 9th so I'm actually getting there on the 8th around 9pm
    Cool, I might see you there then

ReputationRep:
    Anybody chilling out around magdalen I'm very bored at the moment, got all three interviews tomorrow!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.