Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    :sogood:

Bug eyes doing even ****ter than I thought he would do.
    **** doesnt even begin to describe that form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deborarosa)
    ok. who do you even support? Your happiness to see us fail is annoying lol
    I am not happy to see you lot fail. I'm just telling the truth. You lot will most likely get knocked out in the round of 16 after coming 2nd in your group. It's not my fault you lot like to project the problems of your team into posters who actually have decent insight.

2-0 doesn't tell the story tonight and while I believe that you will improve, it's not at the required standard of football atm. Dortmund with key players out still dominated you while this 11 was probably the best 11 you could put out bar at RB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)

Also would e a good thing if wilshere is injured as it now means wenger has to change the formation!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    not really, he will persist with 4-1-4-1 and sub out wilsh for santi. ozil and alexis on wings, and Ramsey AM.

ReputationRep:
    I am not happy to see you lot fail. I'm just telling the truth. You lot will most likely get knocked out in the round of 16 after coming 2nd in your group. It's not my fault you lot like to project the problems of your team into posters who actually have decent insight.

2-0 doesn't tell the story tonight and while I believe that you will improve, it's not at the required standard of football atm. Dortmund with key players out still dominated you.
    lol tell us something we dont know tho. No afc fan is happy with the way we played..were insulting our team. Who do you support tho?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    **** doesnt even begin to describe that form.
    he has been trying to assist giroud and sanogo tbf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deborarosa)
    lol tell us something we dont know tho. No afc fan is happy with the way we played..were insulting our team. Who do you support tho?
    Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swarly)
    And? Giroud got 23 goals last season.

Even when Mata is playing **** he still puts in the numbers. Ozil feels like it's more than a downturn in form. In reality he needs to be dropped for a few weeks.

ReputationRep:

2-0 doesn't tell the story tonight and while I believe that you will improve, it's not at the required standard of football atm. Dortmund with key players out still dominated you while this 11 was probably the best 11 you could put out bar at RB.
    Walcott as well. But generally agree. Nowhere near good enough for such a strong team.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that seems a fair point but still. A player of his class and the massive price tag paid for him, surely he should do better. Mata is a great example, played in a **** team yet racked up goals and assists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prandtl)
    Walcott as well. But generally agree. Nowhere near good enough for such a strong team.
    Even then formation wise it's arguable whether you'd put in Walcott over Ozil. Nevertheless onto the next game. It's Dortmund away, losing 2-0 isn't too bad.

Don't get why Arsenal can't handle teams who can't press, your play is just so slow, almost as if you start the game after playing 45mins before hand.

ReputationRep:
    And? Giroud got 23 goals last season.

Even when Mata is playing **** he still puts in the numbers. Ozil feels like it's more than a downturn in form. In reality he needs to be dropped for a few weeks.
    in all comps. when he played literally every game. with one of the most creative midfields behind him. its no mystery why fans were crying out for a new striker and for his head at one point.

ozil and mata are different types of AMs. for one mata is a finisher, whereas ozil isnt and probably never will be, bar chipping in with the odd goal every 10 games or something.

in reality he was never as good as made out to be (not to say he isnt quality). cleverly could have got double digit assists, assisting Ronaldo and Benz.

his problem is that whilst very talented (the weight he puts on passes is just :coma:) he isnt effective. he's not the type the pick the ball and make things happen. he's the type to pick the ball up and produce moments of quality.

ReputationRep:
    not really, he will persist with 4-1-4-1 and sub out wilsh for santi. ozil and alexis on wings, and Ramsey AM.
    It would be suicide to put a 4 of ozil-santi-ramsey-Sanchez. You have 3 players there trying to occupy the same space and do the same things which will just fail. Ramsey needs to be played deeper I feel not more forward he's the only player who can tackle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I completely underestimated how **** you were. Honestly you played worse today than you did against Chelsea. Although Welbeck had two good chances to score. Not clinical enough. Ozil again was anonymous, Arteta just :lol:. Arsene really needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

Also how the hell did Koscielny get beat for pace by Immobile, **** sake man. He's one on one with you so take him out and get tight to him, he's not even ****ing fast.
    Lol'd at first line.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    It would be suicide to put a 4 of ozil-santi-ramsey-Sanchez. You have 3 players there trying to occupy the same space and do the same things which will just fail. Ramsey needs to be played deeper I feel not more forward he's the only player who can tackle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wenger is exactly what we would call erm the most tactically astute:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    in all comps. when he played literally every game. with one of the most creative midfields behind him. its no mystery why fans were crying out for a new striker and for his head at one point.

ozil and mata are different types of AMs. for one mata is a finisher, whereas ozil isnt and probably never will be, bar chipping in with the odd goal every 10 games or something.

in reality he was never as good as made out to be (not to say he isnt quality). cleverly could have got double digit assists, assisting Ronaldo and Benz.

his problem is that whilst very talented (the weight he puts on passes is just :coma:) he isnt effective. he's not the type the pick the ball and make things happen. he's the type to pick the ball up and produce moments of quality.
    Mata and Ozil are similar types of AMs tbh. Mata can finish but he is by no means a finisher type of AM. He can thread a final pass but he also links up the play very well.

Agree that Ozil was overrated(which was what I was saying before Arsenal signed him) although he's very exciting to watch at his best.

Ozil is probably the best in the world in finding a pass in the final third, but the Arsenal team play so slow in their buildup play so he's having to thread through packed defences, unlike at Madrid where they just hit everybody on ruthless counters. When teams parked bus vs Madrid Ozil struggled and Mourinho tended to use Modric for this reason(see United at Old Trafford)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Mesut Özil has one goal assist in his last 11 Premier League appearances and scored one goal in his last 17.

Shocking, is he going to have a Torres'esque fall from grace? Maybe it's far too much of a kneejerk thing to say but it is worrying.
    He was pretty dire at the world cup too, the German squad carried him

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal thread has given me an orgy of lol's today.

Kind of embarassed. What does tonight say about our league's highest competition?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Arsenal thread has given me an orgy of lol's today.

Kind of embarassed. What does tonight say about our league's highest competition?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That Liverpool will jam a result like they did under Benitez and Steven Gerrard still bails them out every ****ing time in the cups and that Arsenal will again get knocked out in the round of 16.

Won't be surprised if Liverpool can get to the final personally. Past 2 years have involved teams that didn't get to the round of 16 the previous season get to the final. It's therefore Liverpool's turn now.

Pool vs Chelsea final. Calling it now. Would be possibly the best CL final to have tbh.

ReputationRep:
    That Liverpool will jam a result like they did under Benitez and Steven Gerrard still bails them out every ****ing time in the cups and that Arsenal will again get knocked out in the round of 16.

Won't be surprised if Liverpool can get to the final personally.
    They've done it before, why not? Balotelli is the new version of Sinama-pongollle.

Can't wait till stevie retires.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    They've done it before, why not? Balotelli is the new version of Sinama-pongollle.

Can't wait till stevie retires.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The guy just won't stop bailing them the **** out.

Think he needs to bow out with a prem title or a CL though.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.