A bit tasteless

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    Ebola doctor?
    I don't think we're ready for that.

-----

Come to think of it, I have never worn a costume before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    Oh :/
    I dunno, it's something that is currently killing loads of people, I wouldn't want to joke about it.

I'm thinking of possibly going as link from zelda

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Feel like everybody just hates me but feels too uncomfortable to tell me so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Made a slight error in judgement by signing up to an assassin's game at uni where you are assigned targets that you have to fake-kill. So there are now three people who are going to be actively trying to find me and I don't know who they are. On the other hand one of my targets lives on my corridor and will be dead shortly. May need to become a hermit for a while.

ReputationRep:
    Great. Depression has keeping me up all night so far and I have college in 7 hours. FML.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :nah: Absolutely the wrong attitude! Lecturers are there to help you learn - if you're trying but not learning, then they're not doing their job right. And if you're not trying every available avenue of help when struggling, you're not doing your job right either!

Trust me, from both having made it through uni with a metric ton of help from my lecturers, and from having a parent who's a lecturer too, I can tell you that any lecturer/teacher in general worth their salt won't mind giving you extra help in the slightest. They are there to teach you, and by asking for help when you're struggling if anything they'll respect you more! Last week I had the loveliest email from one of my old lecturers who I'd sent a thank you gift - she said she was really proud of me, and that my getting through uni despite my MH problems was a massive victory. :blush:

So in conclusion: do your best, and you're very unlikely to fail. But doing your best does entail asking for help from the relevant people. It's not a sign of weakness, or your being annoying, it's your using the resources available to get the most out of your degree.
    Yeah I guess you are right. I'm feeling a bit more relaxed about the whole situation now even though it is 2:30am and I need to be awake at 6:30am. I'll see who I can have a quiet word with so that I can explain the situation to them. I just hope that they keep it secret I don't really want my problems broadcast to everybody.

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible that some mental illnesses/disorders can't ever be cured?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asexual Demigod)
    Entirely possible. I think quite a lot of them can't be cured, only managed with therapy/medication.

ReputationRep:
    Can't sleep so annoyed at myself

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    I dunno, it's something that is currently killing loads of people, I wouldn't want to joke about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm, I guess I just don't really see it that way. I'm quite a light hearted person. It wouldn't be hurting anyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    up. scared :erm: need to leave in about 45 minutes and its still dark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    up. scared :erm: need to leave in about 45 minutes and its still dark
    You'll be fine It gets light pretty quick around now, and most people are too tired at this hour to be a bother
    :v

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    cant do this anymore :cry2:
    Panda tell me you're ok this morning xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)

Link is a great idea! And less complicated as a costume than Zelda.

(Original post by Anonymous #2)
    Feel like everybody just hates me but feels too uncomfortable to tell me so.
    Pretty sure that is just in your mind.

(Original post by Valvopus)
    Made a slight error in judgement by signing up to an assassin's game at uni where you are assigned targets that you have to fake-kill. So there are now three people who are going to be actively trying to find me and I don't know who they are. On the other hand one of my targets lives on my corridor and will be dead shortly. May need to become a hermit for a while.

(Original post by Asexual Demigod)
    Yeah, that has to do with the different causes. Some are like e.g. down syndrome, you are born with it and can't loose it. Yet, that does not mean, symptomes often vary so much, that for most of those, even if you can't cure them, there are so much other variables, it gives you a lot of possibilities and different outcomes.

ReputationRep:
    back. appointment went well (i think??) - psychologist was very nice and didn't laugh me out the door, which was good

(Original post by Meaty_man)
    You'll be fine It gets light pretty quick around now, and most people are too tired at this hour to be a bother
    :v

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wasn't necessarily scared of going out in the dark, i was scared of the appointment i was going to but thanks for the pep talk

ReputationRep:
    I miss the days where I could do something & it would make me feel anything other than bored & crap. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathanielle)
    Pretty sure that is just in your mind.
    I'd like to think so but I can't be sure.

-------------------------

Couldn't face uni today so I've let myself have the day off on the condition that I do as much catch-up work from last week as I can. Not sure how well that's going to work out for me considering I'm still in bed. Sigh.

I can feel myself slipping back into negative thought patterns about myself and the world and it's worrying me. The heaviness/anxiety in my chest is back as well. I can't relapse, I just can't :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Been awake since 5. Feel so hopeless it hurts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous #2)
    I'd like to think so but I can't be sure.
    Does that help you to believe, that it is largely your own thoughts?

I can feel myself slipping back into negative thought patterns about myself and the world and it's worrying me. The heaviness/anxiety in my chest is back as well. I can't relapse, I just can't :cry2:
    (Anyway big hugs before I continue talking like a know-it-all. )

You have to be careful, that you don't fulfill your impression by somehow "overreacting" to negative signals other may have sent to you, which could have been easily forgotten by another reaction by you. Not saying, that you are responsible for everything, but to some extend we actually have it in our own hand.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.