Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    We don't need Remy. Just from watching Joel Campbell most can see he's currently at or very close to Remy's level. He has pace, strength, intelligence and very good technique. Granted he need to work on his conditioning but there's no point wasting money on Remy, he's never had the quality to be at Arsenal.

We need to give the boy a proper chance to show his worth for Arsenal.
    Exactly so. And Campbell is so much younger too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by singhson)
    If arsenal want to be a force to be reckoned with then why not bid for the likes of lahm, boateng, alves. we might not get them but it certainly shows some passion.
    Lool

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Khedira isn't what you need tbh you need a proper DM, which he isn't. How about someone like Remy then? Tbh Walcott is a good enough striker if he says fit all year with Ozil and Ramsey you guys can win it. Big if though with your medical record

Also who drops out of the team with the new DM? Assuming you're playing a 4-2-3-1 who fits in alongside him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We don't need a proper DM who sits deep and just protects the back four. A super Arteta would be good enough, Khedira could easily play that role. Khedira can do a good job at DM if he is asked to, he's done it many times for Madrid and earlier in his career. He would be a solid addition to the team and very useful for counter attacking.

ReputationRep:
    We don't need Remy. Just from watching Joel Campbell most can see he's currently at or very close to Remy's level. He has pace, strength, intelligence and very good technique. Granted he need to work on his conditioning but there's no point wasting money on Remy, he's never had the quality to be at Arsenal.

We need to give the boy a proper chance to show his worth for Arsenal.
    Remy is light years ahead of Campbell. Campbell is still very raw, he's only slightly better than Sanogo. Giroud, Remy and Campbell as our strikers next season would be ideal IMO.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do people think of giving Sanogo some games on the wing? He has pace and makes okay runs but his ball control and composure are poor. I think the team could carry him on the wing but not upfront where he has a lot of responsibility.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rixium)
    What do people think of giving Sanogo some games on the wing? He has pace and makes okay runs but his ball control and composure are poor. I think the team could carry him on the wing but not upfront where he has a lot of responsibility.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope Sanogo needs a loan way too Raw. That's why I am hoping another striker will come in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rixium)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No. Release him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CupidStunt)
    Remy is light years ahead of Campbell. Campbell is still very raw, he's only slightly better than Sanogo. Giroud, Remy and Campbell as our strikers next season would be ideal IMO.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I totally disagree. I don't understand where people get these ideas about Remy from, people talk like he's world class when in reality mid table sides are his level, he would only ever be used depth at Arsenal. The only thing Remy has over Campbell is Prem experience.

Campbell isn't raw and he's way ahead of Sanogo in terms of development. You just need to watch the two really, I'm not sure you have tbh

ReputationRep:
    Campbell is by no doubt a lot more developed than Sanogo. I still think Campbell is over praised however and a distance away from Arsenal quality

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Campbell is by no doubt a lot more developed than Sanogo. I still think Campbell is over praised however and a distance away from Arsenal quality

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think you're missing the point irt Campbell. Eventhough people are praising him, I don't think they're saying he is Arsenal quality yet. We want him to come but NOT at the expense of any the necessary signing.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal deffo need to get Navas the goalkeeper b4 liverpool,atletico madrid and barcelona do. He is way too good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We should sign Mirallas. We could seriously do with a player like him who isn't remarkable to the eye to the eyes but coaxes every ounces of talent out of his body. Egregiously wasted at Everton.

He's got a **** aspect to his game as well.

ReputationRep:
    I'm calling, Wilshere is going to play with Ramsey at some point next season.

ReputationRep:
    Keylor Navas is immense. Every match this guy has turned up for his country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I totally disagree. I don't understand where people get these ideas about Remy from, people talk like he's world class when in reality mid table sides are his level, he would only ever be used depth at Arsenal. The only thing Remy has over Campbell is Prem experience.

Campbell isn't raw and he's way ahead of Sanogo in terms of development. You just need to watch the two really, I'm not sure you have tbh
    Remy is far from world class but he's still much better than Campbell. I'm saying we should sign him to be rotated with Giroud, not to be our main striker. I've watched both of them a lot, Campbell is clearly talented but I don't think he's good enough to have a future at Arsenal. I think you've only watched him against Uruguay and United tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CupidStunt)
    Remy is far from world class but he's still much better than Campbell. I'm saying we should sign him to be rotated with Giroud, not to be our main striker. I've watched both of them a lot, Campbell is clearly talented but I don't think he's good enough to have a future at Arsenal. I think you've only watched him against Uruguay and United tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can you actually tell me why Remy would be good for Arsenal without using the word "pace"?

tbh I didn't watch that Olympiacos-Utd game. I don't waste my time watching Utd play unless it has the match has a makings of potentially good game. I've watched every Costa Rica game of this world cup and kept a particular eye on him. I've been very please we've what I've seen barring some fitness issues

ReputationRep:
    People who want us to sign Remy are expecting a Thierry Henry, but in reality it is only Loic Remy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can you actually tell me why Remy would be good for Arsenal without using the word "pace"?

tbh I didn't watch that Olympiacos-Utd game. I don't waste my time watching Utd play unless it has the match has a makings of potentially good game. I've watched every Costa Rica game of this world cup and kept a particular eye on him. I've been very please we've what I've seen barring some fitness issues
    He's clinical, makes intelligent runs, can dribble and can shoot from distance (something our team very much lacks).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

He looked a good prospect in that game from what I remember, it was probably the first time i'd seen him play. However United were so poor that night even Bendtner would have been made to look world class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    We should sign Mirallas. We could seriously do with a player like him who isn't remarkable to the eye to the eyes but coaxes every ounces of talent out of his body. Egregiously wasted at Everton.

He's got a **** aspect to his game as well.
    Exactly. I remember before he went to Everton, he was linked with us and I was so happy. Such an underrated player and is exactly what we need

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.