Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    The guy just won't stop bailing them the **** out.

Think he needs to bow out with a prem title or a CL though.
    Absolute beast. And he deserves a title, I'd welcome him at United when we claim it next season for his medal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    The guy just won't stop bailing them the **** out.

Think he needs to bow out with a prem title or a CL though.
    Steven Gerrard aint that good I mean come on even I've got the same number of premier league medals as him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Steven Gerrard aint that good I mean come on even I've got the same number of premier league medals as him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Would take Mr Slippy Slip over that massive pile of **** Arteta though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If we finished outside the top 4 (I know it's early but we've been dire this season) realistically, what would happen? Would it be the end of Wenger?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggy)
    He was pretty dire at the world cup too, the German squad carried him

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Utter nonsense. Think you know more than Low? If Ozil was being carried he would have been dropped straight, he played every game you clown. Created 17 chances for Germany despite playing out of position and he was statically the best Number 10 at the World Cup.

If you're gunna talk crap back it up with evidence

ReputationRep:
    Were gonna have a **** start then pick up steam around Christmas time end regain all the pts lost. End up finishing 4th as usual.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Would take Mr Slippy Slip over that massive pile of **** Arteta though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd rather we have went for Tiote than persisted with arteta. It's so peak though how before we couldn't win a game without arteta and now we can't win a game with him in the side lolol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather we have went for Tiote than persisted with arteta. It's so peak though how before we couldn't win a game without arteta and now we can't win a game with him in the side lolol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Anytime Flamini plays, I'm yearning for Arteta, and anytime from Arteta plays, I'm yearning for Flamini. Reality is, they are both shocking and shouldn't be anywhere near Arsenal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anytime Flamini plays, I'm yearning for Arteta, and anytime from Arteta plays, I'm yearning for Flamini. Reality is, they are both shocking and shouldn't be anywhere near Arsenal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're so spoiled peggles! I mean how dare you undermine wengers judgement on our dm situation! The man didnt get an economics degree to be questioned by some lowly peasant! #wengerknows #wenger4lyfe #wengerxsanogo #mentalstrength

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Were gonna have a **** start then pick up steam around Christmas time end regain all the pts lost. End up finishing 4th as usual.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Chelsea
    City
    Utd
    Liverpool
    Arsenal
    Everton
    Spurs

Our squad isn't big enough to compete in the league, cups and Europe. We're as good as Europa unless Wenger goes mad during the Jan window.

ReputationRep:
    If we finished outside the top 4 (I know it's early but we've been dire this season) realistically, what would happen? Would it be the end of Wenger?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wouldn't be the end for Wenger tbf. If we don't finish top four then he would consider leaving but I don't think he would put the club in that position unless we have a manager of a similar calibre ready to replace him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're so spoiled peggles! I mean how dare you undermine wengers judgement on our dm situation! The man didnt get an economics degree to be questioned by some lowly peasant! #wengerknows #wenger4lyfe #wengerxsanogo #mentalstrength

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol I would take Frimpong over those two! The Flamini novelty wore off fairly quick, once you get past the pointing and shouting, you realise he's basic. Whilst Arteta legs are waiting tables at that tapas bar in Mayfair like the should be anyway.

I cri everytiem :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    could somebody give me a summary of the match?
    i'll obviously read a match report but i feel like it would be better coming from an actual fan.

not wumming or anything, i only finished work late so i didn't see any of the matches.
    not like i have anything to laugh about - you lost to the favorite of your group, clearly the hardest match; we only won through a last minute penalty against the 4th seeds, clearly the easiest match...

from what i've briefly read it seems like dortmund dominated and it could've have been wayyyy more than 2-0.
    is this accurate or just exaggeration?

ReputationRep:
    Our problems would still be evident even if we did sign a DM in the summer, one player does not change your inherent tactical deficiencies as a team. When paired with a team like Dortmund who hound you for every ball it's just asking for trouble. They pinned us back on many occasions and we didn't even have an outlet due to our midfield being shockingly poor. Regardless of this though Welbeck should have at least finished one of his chances.

Doesn't help that you have passengers like Ozil in the team too, he needs to be used exclusively against the weaker teams in the league and help build his confidence up that way. He's probably more of a confidence player than Torres was at Chelsea, he hasn't lost any ability though its just that Wenger fails to realise that Ozil is a system player, the system at Real was tailor made for him. I think jam has mentioned this a few times but surely we could have got di Maria for the same price last year, he was just as dispensable. A player like ADM would be so so useful for us right now in the shuttler role.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A blind man can see the flaws of this team, but somehow Wenger can't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Mesut Özil has one goal assist in his last 11 Premier League appearances and scored one goal in his last 17.

Shocking, is he going to have a Torres'esque fall from grace? Maybe it's far too much of a kneejerk thing to say but it is worrying.
    i don't understand any person who defends Ozil nowadays.
    don't give me all that "he's not playing in his position" nonsense - a supposedly world class play (which he isn't) would still have at least a respectable record even not in his natural position.

his input to your team is laughable considering his price - he shouldn't be kept in your first team just because he cost 40m.

am i being too critical here; would be interesting to see arsenal fan's views on him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Our problems would still be evident even if we did sign a DM in the summer, one player does not change your inherent tactical deficiencies as a team. When paired with a team like Dortmund who hound you for every ball it's just asking for trouble. They pinned us back on many occasions and we didn't even have an outlet due to our midfield being shockingly poor. Regardless of this though Welbeck should have at least finished one of his chances.

Doesn't help that you have passengers like Ozil in the team too, he needs to be used exclusively against the weaker teams in the league and help build his confidence up that way. He's probably more of a confidence player than Torres was at Chelsea, he hasn't lost any ability though its just that Wenger fails to realise that Ozil is a system player, the system at Real was tailor made for him. I think jam has mentioned this a few times but surely we could have got di Maria for the same price last year, he was just as dispensable. A player like ADM would be so so useful for us right now in the shuttler role.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah was me suggesting Di Maria although ADM is being asked to play a different role to what I thought he should play although he'd play well in both roles. Didn't realise how he can play at AM and CM at the time.

Think looking at Di Maria at United vs QPR, he tended to drift wide most of the time and quicken the play. Arsenal played like they lost belief and urgency today. Arteta was part of the problem, I'd also say that your central midfielders have been poor this season, Wilshere besides who was getting nothing. This reminds me a bit of the team in 2012-13 in fact. Wilshere was providing the only urgency while the rest of the team was pedestrian. Wilshere had no options to pass to. Surely Wenger should just **** putting the AMs and just use wingers on both sides.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Liverpool always get penalties to ship them out of crap.
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    I take it back, Liverpool just got a penalty.

THIS IS UTTER NONSENSE OK THANKS BYE.
    pls guys

i admit we get a LOT of penalties and we have a world class penalty taker to convert them:cool:

but most of them are actual penalties - it's just rodger's style; he got loads at swansea and he gets loads at liverpool.
    not gonna say we don't have players prone to diving (like sturridge), but being bitter and suggesting we're constantly diving is a little low.

not gonna wum you after your loss - from what i hear you were dominated, but you were away to a team you didn't expect to beat anyway.
    that would be like people wumming us for losing to madrid when we go to the bernabeu...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Forget about loyalty or being fickle or any of that nonsense. We're a stupid club. That's what we are. Whether it's Wenger or not its all a bunch of utter nonsense. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't qualify out of the groups. We're always taking one step forward and two steps back. We're a waste of a CL spot. End of. Let Everton or spurs have a pop for once. Good for nothing *****rs.

It's like getting home really hungry and you want to make the best sandwhich ever only to find out you've got the salami, you've got the butter, but you ain't got the ****ing bread.
    Just seen this, great comment.

Yeah, it seems every Arsenal fan knows which players they need to bring in, but Wenger and his men don't. Non-Arsenal fans keep saying ''Arsenal are one DM and one world-class striker away from being a top competing side'', but Wenger doesn't target players in these positions. I'm just so glad Mourinho did a madness for Chelsea this summer, and bought the right players in the right positions.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    pls guys

i admit we get a LOT of penalties and we have a world class penalty taker to convert them:cool:

but most of them are actual penalties - it's just rodger's style; he got loads at swansea and he gets loads at liverpool.
    not gonna say we don't have players prone to diving (like sturridge), but being bitter and suggesting we're constantly diving is a little low.

not gonna wum you after your loss - from what i hear you were dominated, but you were away to a team you didn't expect to beat anyway.
    that would be like people wumming us for losing to madrid when we go to the bernabeu...
    Cheers Luke, for all of the jokes about you, youre probably the most decent Scouse fan who frequents this board. I get that your aggressive playing style means you often make the types of run into the box that bring about penalties, but you seem to be just as bad as the Man Utd of old, with 3/4 of your players looking for dives as opposed to making plays. Many other teams play a similar style to you but don't get even half as many penalties.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.