Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got my clearance to start volunteering. :dance:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathanielle)
    Does that help you to believe, that it is largely your own thoughts?

(Anyway big hugs before I continue talking like a know-it-all. )

You have to be careful, that you don't fulfill your impression by somehow "overreacting" to negative signals other may have sent to you, which could have been easily forgotten by another reaction by you. Not saying, that you are responsible for everything, but to some extend we actually have it in our own hand.
    It doesn't really help because the thoughts are still there but sometimes it helps to step back and ask myself is my brain manipulating the situation.

I get what you're saying, yeah. Just going to try and work through it and hope it goes away I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous #2)
    It doesn't really help because the thoughts are still there but sometimes it helps to step back and ask myself is my brain manipulating the situation.
    Exactly, it just with practise it goes away quicker and quicker, at least the stuff which is triggered by things you have somehow under your control. And yeah, just understanding the manipulation helps. (Works for me.)

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to do too much, can't manage it all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    Panda tell me you're ok this morning xxx
    Im fine

Spoiler:
    Show
    periods broken me so much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    That's really really fantastic!

(Original post by Nathanielle)
    Exactly, it just with practise it goes away quicker and quicker, at least the stuff which is triggered by things you have somehow under your control. And yeah, just understanding the manipulation helps. (Works for me.)
    Thanks
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    I'm trying to do too much, can't manage it all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: Have you thought about breaking it down and tackling each bit individually?

ReputationRep:
    That's really really fantastic!
    Thanks, I can't wait to start!

Hope you're well today. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I can't wait to start!

Hope you're well today. :hugs:
    Let us know how it goes!

Thanks, I'm alrightish. Haven't gone into uni but I'm feeling a bit brighter than earlier so just about to start some work.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Awesome!

What are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: awesome

ReputationRep:
    Yey!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Im fine

Spoiler:
    Show
    periods broken me so much

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hope it improves soon :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Let us know how it goes!

Thanks, I'm alrightish. Haven't gone into uni but I'm feeling a bit brighter than earlier so just about to start some work.
    Will do!

Hope the day keeps getting better for you then.

(Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Awesome!

What are you doing?
    Helping out with activities in a residential rehab place for people not quite ready to come out of hospital. At the interview it seemed really interesting and relevant to occupational therapy, so I'm pretty excited to finally be starting!

How you doing? I think I saw you mentioning the dreaded Crisis Team a few pages ago... :console:

(Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    :hugs: awesome
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    x
    Yay congrats!!!! xx

ReputationRep:
    I think this is the first time I've ever felt seriously and dangerously low, like constant depression all the damn time, and it really is ****

ReputationRep:
    Even though i'm pretty hungover (oops)... I feel semi-normal so far today. Wtf is going on? Not complaining :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    I think this is the first time I've ever felt seriously and dangerously low, like constant depression all the damn time, and it really is ****
    Laura is there anyone you can see about it today or tomorrow? Sounds like you need people around you xx

ReputationRep:
    So anxious. Feels like my stomach is a washing machine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Will do!

Hope the day keeps getting better for you then.

Helping out with activities in a residential rehab place for people not quite ready to come out of hospital. At the interview it seemed really interesting and relevant to occupational therapy, so I'm pretty excited to finally be starting!

How you doing? I think I saw you mentioning the dreaded Crisis Team a few pages ago... :console:

:hugs:

That sounds great!

Voices saying bad things so have meeting with THEM who shall not be named and CC and GP to discuss options.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    Laura is there anyone you can see about it today or tomorrow? Sounds like you need people around you xx
    Wouldn't even know where to go to attempt to get help here. I don't feel like I warrant help, but it's getting scary

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.