The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

bluebubbles
Today?? Wow congrats!!

probably yesterday but didn't check track until today.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 9401
soria
Offer for Social Policy w/ Govt!
Received yesterday at 5PM
IB 38 with 6,6,6 HL

God I'm jealous lol, but congrats
Beef_Eater
probably yesterday but didn't check track until today.

Yeah, I'm in Edinburgh at the moment and checked my emails to see the track update. I went on here first to see if yesterday was an offer or rejection day. I really am very shocked though, especilly as somepeople said to not even bother applying! I don't know why I got the offer or how I'm going to meet it. The Economics and History mocks both put me firmly on the "B" Grades (I got an "E" for the Transport module for some reason) and the LSE are hardly the sort of people who are lenient with the grades.

Hope the rest of you do really well if you've not heard yet!

:woo: :woo: :woo:
Lord Roem
Yeah, I'm in Edinburgh at the moment and checked my emails to see the track email. I went on here first to see if yesterday was an offer or rejection day. I really am very shocked though, especilly as somepeople said to not even bother applying! I don't know why I got the offer or how I'm going to meet it. The Economics and History mocks both put me firmly on the "B" Grades and the LSE are hardly the sort of people who are lenient with the grades.

Hope the rest of you do really well if you've not heard yet!

:woo: :woo: :woo:

yea that annoys me when someone says 'oh your not good enough for lse, don't apply'
Beef_Eater
yea that annoys me when someone says 'oh your not good enough for lse, don't apply'

Yep! Hehe!

:yep:

Ah, whom I kidding, I've got no chance of meeting the offer.

[Sadface]
Lord Roem
Yep! Hehe!

Ah, whom I kidding, I've got no chance of meeting the offer.

:-( :-( :-(

really?
mm233
any offers for government and economics?

Yes! I just got home from a trip away to find my UCAS track had emailed me at 1701 on Friday 13th (not unlucky for me fortunately!) to say I have an LSE offer! AAB excl. gen studs, so that's a brilliant insurance. Almost won't be gutted if i miss my first choice grades now! (well ok, i won't be thrilled, but you know, LSE would soon make me feel better!) This is Gov and econ btw hence the quoting. I recieved the shortlist email like months ago, and this was my first news since :biggrin:

Well done to all those with offers, and best of luck to those still waiting!
rosa.s.
Yes! I just got home from a trip away to find my UCAS track had emailed me at 1701 on Friday 13th (not unlucky for me fortunately!) to say I have an LSE offer! AAB excl. gen studs, so that's a brilliant insurance. Almost won't be gutted if i miss my first choice grades now! (well ok, i won't be thrilled, but you know, LSE would soon make me feel better!) This is Gov and econ btw hence the quoting. I recieved the shortlist email like months ago, and this was my first news since :biggrin:

you've worked hard for your grades so you deserve it.
Beef_Eater
you've worked hard for your grades so you deserve it.

Thank you, I'm glad someone thinks i have at least! :wink:
rosa.s.
Thank you, I'm glad someone thinks i have at least! :wink:

Oh sorry, well done to you too! I'm still somewhat dazed by it all, I keep thinking that they must have made a mistake, ah well, I shall enjoy my period of niceness...ah

Lord Roem
Oh sorry, well done to you too! I'm still somewhat dazed by it all, I keep thinking that they must have made a mistake, ah well, I shall enjoy my period of niceness...ah

Oh gosh no sorry that wasn't a comment about TSRers at all, more my teachers! Apologies i see how easily that could be misconstrued now! ha!
Reply 9411
is there anyone got decitions for Business Mathematics and Statistics?:confused:
yes!!! an offer for acc and fin on friday!!
Reply 9413
meteorite
yes!!! an offer for acc and fin on friday!!

congrats!!!!!
ty. what about u?
rosa.s.

jeeesusss your grades :eek: :eek:
how on earth did you manage that?? and all those subjects, how did your school even timetable it???
Law students - does anyone know whether equity and trust law is covered in a single module or whether it goes under the name of another area at LSE like property II or something like that????
Ohhh maan you guys, this thread has totally got me down! The talk about no other offer days or possibilities of only ONE more offer day... it’s depressing! hahaha, seriously!

I have a question though. I doubt anyone will know but does anyone happen to (for some reason) know the conversion between A levels and OSSD (Canadian qualification?) I hear AAB is the standard offer for A levels but I think our standard Canadian offer is 90% average... some of my friends think that’s an AAA offer...
Anyone know? :s-smilie:
a 90% average is hard :frown: .. well.. for me anyway..
johnbrown
jeeesusss your grades :eek: :eek:
how on earth did you manage that?? and all those subjects, how did your school even timetable it???

ha! thank you, though you know it really isn't that great of me! I teach myself economics, sociology and gen studs, and then have a reduced timetable for quite a few of my other subjects (say going to five or six out of 9 lessons). i amazingly even still get some frees to waste my time in!
Reply 9419
The offer for OSSD requirements for LSE is 85% according to their website. :biggrin: