Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjjzzz)
    Hi, guys, anyone can help me?
    If I applied for biomedical engineering, will they give me a standard general engineering interview or more biomedical side... I did't do biology in AS level, when I had a mock interview with a biology teacher, I couldn't answer anything sounds correct.... I didn't do GCSE either....
    Are you saying you want to apply for Biomedical science with no GCSE or A level Biology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charleethompson)
    Any Oriel applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep! I'll be there from the 9-11th for law. What subject did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Medics! How are you prepping for your interview?! I'm totally lost as to what to do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BritishBean)
    Are you saying you want to apply for Biomedical science with no GCSE or A level Biology?
    biomedical engineering... I think the most of applicants applied for general engineering. Actually every branch of engineering science students study the completely same modules in the first two years..
    I am just wondering if I specified which branch of engineering that I am applying for, will my interview be same as the general one?

ReputationRep:
    biomedical engineering... I think the most of applicants applied for general engineering. Actually every branch of engineering science students study the completely same modules in the first two years..
    I am just wondering if I specified which branch of engineering that I am applying for, will my interview be same as the general one?
    Oops I misread! Honestly I don't know sorry, I haven't a clue about engineering. I guess as long as you know why you want to do biomedical and what parts of it interest you you should be ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgium)
    The admission tutor for chemistry told this to the parents while the applicants were having the admission task
    Seriously? That admissions test is just as important as the interview??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SKDhaliwal)
    Same! All I've been told is to get to St Peter's college by 10am on Wednesday, and that I could possibly be staying on Friday. Don't know when my interviews are yet and who they're with.
    I think that is the case for everyone. Looks like I will be seeing you very soon :-)

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have few questions. Some of them are not related so please answer to even one if you are able.

1. Because my friends were also invited for interview I compared their invitation e-mail with mine and they had to complete confirmation with some relevant information while I wasn't asked about things like when i will be in Oxford, when I check out etc. I got it from St John's

2. Anyone applying to maths/comp sc/ joint mathematics and computer science could tell me how to prepare apart from their sample questions on website? How many problems i will have to tackle? Will i have time to think or just spontaniously answer even if it is not correct?

3. How long it will be? Because I cant believe that in 3 days I will have two interviews which last 30mins-1hour.

Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mate8)
    Hi,
    I have few questions. Some of them are not related so please answer to even one if you are able.

1. Because my friends were also invited for interview I compared their invitation e-mail with mine and they had to complete confirmation with some relevant information while I wasn't asked about things like when i will be in Oxford, when I check out etc. I got it from St John's

2. Anyone applying to maths/comp sc/ joint mathematics and computer science could tell me how to prepare apart from their sample questions on website? How many problems i will have to tackle? Will i have time to think or just spontaniously answer even if it is not correct?

3. How long it will be? Because I cant believe that in 3 days I will have two interviews which last 30mins-1hour.

Thanks a lot

1. Different colleges do it differently?

3. They have to do a lot of interviews. At the end they may think you are Oxford material but they don't have room for you (oversubscribed), so they need to offer you around.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm a post A level student re applying to Oxford and I wass wondering the same thing. Could you pm me if you find out? My interview last year was only maths and physics even tho i applied for chem eng because they said they wanted to test all engineering students equally. Was thinking about emailing the admissions tutor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomCastles)
    Me! I'm there from the 14th - 16th for Physics? You?
    Aaah I'm there from tomorrow till Tuesday/Wednesday
    There doesn't seem to be many of us!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fs1)
    Yep! I'll be there from the 9-11th for law. What subject did you apply for?
    I'll be there from tomorrow till Tuesday/Wednesday for English

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Quick note for those who are having their interviews at St John's College:

The entrance is on St Giles': the massive road which links up most of the main bits of town. Look out for the lit-up Christmas tree to find the entrance - it's the little opening in the big black old-fashioned door. When you get to this opening and look inside, you may see a sign saying 'the college is closed to visitors'. Do not panic - this doesn't mean YOU can't go in! (I spent 10 mins stood outside the college last year debating whether or not I classed as one of these visitors). Just go through the opening and go through the door immediately to your right, which is the entrance to the Porters' Lodge. There will be people there to help you out and show you where to go.

Best of luck!

(P.S. If you happen to bump into a first-year historian student ambassador, tell them that danniegee says hi )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_mc)
    Anybody chilling out around magdalen I'm very bored at the moment, got all three interviews tomorrow!
    Hey I'm flying in to Magdalen tomorrow (for Law) in the welcome letter by the JCR it said that there would be no wifi, is this true? good luck with your interviews tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V.Puzzled)
    Hey I'm flying in to Magdalen tomorrow (for Law) in the welcome letter by the JCR it said that there would be no wifi is this true? good luck with your interviews!
    There was no wifi at John's last year for applicants, and as the wifi for current students is run on a Uni-wide level, there probably won't be any at other colleges either - sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danniegee)
    There was no wifi at John's last year for applicants, and as the wifi for current students is run on a Uni-wide level, there probably won't be any at other colleges either - sorry!
    My welcome letter from St. Peter's said:

"The College has wireless internet access. All interview candidates will be provided with guest login details upon arrival."

ReputationRep:
    Have you emailed, what did they say?

ReputationRep:
    Kind of panicking about this 'will there be wifi, won't there be wifi' situation. Anyone know anything about the wifi situation at Oriel?

ReputationRep:
    I live in the North West where all the flooding has been happening, so any interview prep I hoped to do this weekend has not been done. There's been a power cut since Saturday, no trains til Wednesday, my neighbour's house was on fire as they had to use candles to see, the basements in my streets are flooded, and our oven is electric so the only things I've eaten today are Jaffa cakes and bread rolls!! If all goes well then I should make it to Oxford ok for my interview Wednesday-Friday, but the nearest petrol station is half an hour away, and the trains aren't running....

ReputationRep:
    I posted here a few weeks ago but obviously posts move quickly on here at this time, so just wanted to say that if anyone is applying for languages at Ox, do have a read of this and let me know if you have any last minute questions! Some of the tips may be helpful for other subjects too.

Best of luck!

https://carambalache.wordpress.com/2...ern-languages/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.