Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30991717

FA Cup: BBC to show Bolton Wanderers v Liverpool
    Makes sense seeing as though they had United-Cambridge first time around.

ReputationRep:
    FA Cup Fifth Round, if we beat Bolton:

Crystal Palace away.

• Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Palace away if we beat Bolton.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Palace away. Yikes.

ReputationRep:
    Crystanbul

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    At least we'll have Sturridge.

ReputationRep:
    Mmm Crystal Palace away if we get through. Not the easiest..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    They are a defeat waiting to happen, really.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    With Can it's that lack of experience as a defender - which means he reacts a little slowly but also he's not got the fastest acceleration over the first 3 steps which doesn't help either. Markovic has done surprisingly well at RWB. Worked harder at RWB than a number of others we've tried.

Well I think he's been training for a bit so we'll either see him on the bench against Chelsea or West Ham? I'd be tempted to put him on the bench just to try and worry Chelsea a little? If we get to extra time, he might be perfect for the last 15 mins when everyone else is knackered?

Yea Chelsea will bounce back but equally I don't think we fear them as much after that result?

Realistically we know we need to score either way (whether they score or not) although Chelsea scoring doesn't really change that much for us other than it would end in 90 mins rather than 120 mins.

Michael Oliver I believe is the ref tomorrow rather than Martin Atkinson so maybe he won't be so Chelsea biased?
    markovic and can have definitely done better than we expected.
    but it's only a matter of time before teams start exploiting our clear inexperience down that flank.

i'd bench him against chelsea and only use him in ET (like you said), then give him a decent amount in the west ham game.

we definitely have a much higher morale and less respect for chelsea after the first game where we really should've won.
    i'm not expecting anything because another chelsea defeat would have alarm bells all over and mourinho really doesn't want that kind of attention.

i don't see the game going in to extra time.
    we need to score and i don't see us holding chelsea for an entire game.
    we just need to somehow have the defensive display of the season and actually put away the many chances we're bound to create.

the sad thing about referees nowadays is that if they aren't biased, they're totally incompetent instead.
    it doesn't really matter who we get - i'm sure there will be a game changing decision made incorrectly regardless.

in other news, away at palace is one of the worst draws we could've gotten.
    all we can hope is that (if we get through) by the time we face them, the honeymoon period for pardew will be over and hopefully with sturridge back we'll be in decent form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Crystanbul

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :ahee::ahee:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by midnightice)
    FFS.

The chaos factor.

ReputationRep:
    Good to see that Delph has signed a new contract

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...ocked-new-deal

Means we won't (or shouldn't be) signing him

ReputationRep:
    Should be an easy victory for Liverpool tonight. Chelsea's confidence will be very low. Should be a high scoring game, maybe 6-0 to Liverpool?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    Should be an easy victory for Liverpool tonight. Chelsea's confidence will be very low. Should be a high scoring game, maybe 6-0 to Liverpool?
    It's hard to score too many against so many parked buses and planes.

I'd be delighted if we get through to the final - whether we batter you or scrap through by scoring the 20th penalty in a shoot-out

I imagine Mourinho will send his team out to be fired up. If I was a betting man, I'd put some money on someone to get sent off.

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to score too many against so many parked buses and planes.

I'd be delighted if we get through to the final - whether we batter you or scrap through by scoring the 20th penalty in a shoot-out

I imagine Mourinho will send his team out to be fired up. If I was a betting man, I'd put some money on someone to get sent off.
    Chelsea are less likely to park the bus at home anyway, plus the bus didn't work too well at Anfield - basically Thibaut bailed out the rest of the team. With Chelsea's out of form defence, conceding 4+ should be on the cards, especially if Sturridge is back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    Chelsea are less likely to park the bus at home anyway, plus the bus didn't work too well at Anfield - basically Thibaut bailed out the rest of the team. With Chelsea's out of form defence, conceding 4+ should be on the cards, especially if Sturridge is back.
    Sturridge may make the bench but probably not. If he does, he won't come on for more than 15-20 mins I think.

I imagine you'll push up more but I think Mourinho fancies a mistake in our Liverpool side so better to try to hit on the counter in transition rather than try to control the game high up the pitch and potentially get countered? Sterling/Coutinho could rip you apart if you play a high line.

I still fancy Mourinho to mastermind another strong cup tie performance from the team. Hazard and Costa alone can win the tie for you.

ReputationRep:
    got a bad bad feeling about this game..

Agree with above - mourinho will be well up for this, and honestly I can see them going all out looking for a response after the last 2 terrible performances..

4-1 chelsea for me.

Will be cheering for you lot though - still want to see gerrad lift a trophy before he leaves.. and the FA cup is ours, so you may as well win this one..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    got a bad bad feeling about this game..

Agree with above - mourinho will be well up for this, and honestly I can see them going all out looking for a response after the last 2 terrible performances..

4-1 chelsea for me.

Will be cheering for you lot though - still want to see gerrad lift a trophy before he leaves.. and the FA cup is ours, so you may as well win this one..
    I see a red card in this game but can't decide who will get given it.

I wonder if Mourinho will give any thought to playing Man City in 4 days? Let's not forget that Man City had a bad result against Boro and Arsenal so they will want to smash Chelsea too.

I doubt either manager wants to play the extra 30 mins..
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I see a red card in this game but can't decide who will get given it.

I wonder if Mourinho will give any thought to playing Man City in 4 days? Let's not forget that Man City had a bad result against Boro and Arsenal so they will want to smash Chelsea too.

I doubt either manager wants to play the extra 30 mins..
    Have a feeling Chelsea/City will be a boring game, with both sides preferring not to lose and halting their bad run over winning. Especially if Chelsea lose tonight which is more than possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.