PS Reviewer
    Eurgh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    well done Liverpool! Stopped Contes party
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wins against Chelsea and Arsenal, Draw against Spurs all away, but Burnley loss. Watch us lose next week v Hull.

ReputationRep:
    I'm well happy with that

A big concern that barring Burton we've not kept a clean sheet yet this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Wins against Chelsea and Arsenal, Draw against Spurs all away, but Burnley loss. Watch us lose next week v Hull.
    Thought that was it when they scored. Know what you mean hull scare me a lot more!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how we are going to stop conceding goals out of nowhere but fantastic win. The test will be against Hull, we failed against Burnley so we have to put things right for next week otherwise its just the same old story.

ReputationRep:
    What a game, what a performance

Once again, we made a quality side look poor (mainly in the first half).

Not only did everyone look good tonight, we looked seamless with a lot of our passing. Just pinging it back and forth so quickly and advancing into better positions each time.

Matip looking like a good defender so far. Bit of a mistake by going to ground for their goal but otherwise kept a top attacking force look a bit blunt. Karius is meant to be a lot better with his feet/distribution so once he comes into the side, we might see an even better defence?

Coutinho wasn't great for me.. good assist for the goal and some defence splitting passes but actually thought he gave away a lot of loose passes too. For me he doesn't currently get into the side ahead of Firmino, Lallana and Mane.

Yes people will keep pointing out Burnley as a blot but the reality is that every top side will suffer one or two of those this season. Not only the results but the performances against Arsenal (A), Spurs (A), Chelsea (A) and Leicester (H) should speak volumes.

Obviously all against top sides who look to go toe to toe with us. Be interesting to see how it translate when more teams park the bus like Burnley but with the passing tonight and runners etc, I think we'll be fine.

Did not see us having 10 points after those 5 starting games so I'm very happy.

I imagine we'll see wholesale changes for Derby but Hull and Swansea will be very interesting to watch.

Klopp making this side very watchable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    I'm well happy with that

A big concern that barring Burton we've not kept a clean sheet yet this season.
    Yea but we've played most of the top sides.. I'm pretty relaxed about it. There won't be that many games that a team like Chelsea fail to score in.

ReputationRep:
    Very tense final 25 minutes but we handled that pressure very well I thought. Two very good goals as well and another fantastic away performance against a top side (even though they were very poor in the first half).

ReputationRep:
    Great win, the last 20 mins had me on the edge of my seat and I was pretty certain Chelsea would get the equaliser. I'm glad we were able to squeeze out a win. Lovely goals by Lovren and Henderson, I'm especially happy for the latter as at the start of the season he had faced lots of criticism. Nice to see Hendo playing freely and his defensive awareness has really improved under Klopp's tutelage.

ReputationRep:
    We had 10 points at the same point in 2013/14.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    We had 10 points at the same point in 2013/14.
    I don't want to think about that season, such a painful end. :cry2:

I hope the team doesn't get overly hyped up by the media and fans and that everyone can keep levelheaded. The last thing the players need is the extra pressure of being expected to challenge for the title. We don't have the mental fortitude (yet) to keep cool under lots of pressure and expectations- see the finals of last season. I'll very happily take 4th place, anything above is a bonus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    I don't want to think about that season, such a painful end. :cry2:

I hope the team doesn't get overly hyped up by the media and fans and that everyone can keep levelheaded. The last thing the players need is the extra pressure of being expected to challenge for the title. We don't have the mental fortitude (yet) to keep cool under lots of pressure and expectations- see the finals of last season. I'll very happily take 4th place, anything above is a bonus.
    Well we've beat 3 big teams already and scored pretty freely..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Well we've beat 3 big teams already and scored pretty freely..
    And we lost to Burnley and haven't kept a clean sheet in the PL so far...

I'm just gonna take it game by game, my hopes were completely obliterated towards the end of the 13/14 season.

ReputationRep:
    Its been 5 games people...

ReputationRep:
    Enjoyed the match. Thought Chelsea might nick it at the end. I hope Liverpool can push on and turn over the lesser teams as out of the realistic candidates for the title they are my preferred option. Them or Everton would be fine with me as would Spurs.

Hope Sturridge's injury isn't too bad.

Good win.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Thing is you played well and rarely lost in the big games last season, so it's far too early to read anything into it. Think you've got a better chance of the top 4 than Chelsea who look incredibly dull and are relying on Hazard And Costa staying fit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone here from London going to the Hull game next week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Thing is you played well and rarely lost in the big games last season, so it's far too early to read anything into it. Think you've got a better chance of the top 4 than Chelsea who look incredibly dull and are relying on Hazard And Costa staying fit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Beating Hull would be a start, because it's become too much of a pattern. Beat a big team, lose to a small one...

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.