Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

• TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    That's true
    Need to think this through
    Yep. You do. Whatever choice you make you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    No problem. If you're showing progress there's really nothing to worry about

Why would they though? If you become an A/A* student they won't discount you just because you've taken another year. Lots of top Russell Groups like Warwick are more than happy to give offers to people who've taken another year to improve their grades.

But the point still stands. It's far worse spending £9000 every year on something you don't want to do. You'd be putting yourself through at least three years of your life doing something you're not sure about. It just doesn't make sense.
    Thank you so much for your advice. Going to think it through
    Either go Brunel and try and transfer for second year
    Or take a year out and retake to try and get A*s

ReputationRep:
    what's this about nandos giving free sides out ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    I'm not a huge fan of private universities but http://www.law.ac.uk/clearing/ is one exception. Their London LLB is in clearing and they have the industry contacts that offer a good advantage.

It isn't your typical university experience but it's worth considering.

SOAS *do* accept transfer applications into year 2 of their LLB. There's no guarantee that you'd be able to swap universities in year 2 but you'd have a stronger chance than you would on a BA English course.
    Exactly no guarantees
    I'm probably going to retake tbh because I really want to go to SOAS
    Thing is I'm not even sure I can retake with the new alevel changes

ReputationRep:
    Still no news from my firm choice...
    The waiting game sucks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badaman)
    Still no news from my firm choice...
    The waiting game sucks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you pestered them?

ReputationRep:
    Well done everyone!

ReputationRep:
    English Lit - D (I was ill in this exam and ended up vomiting)

Psychology - B (It's a bloody miracle I got that grade)

Philosophy - B (Is it just me, or have most people received quite low grades compared to our targeted and previous mocks?)

Overall, not spectacular. But, it'll do. I'll probably look into getting some copyscripts though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jitesh)
    what's this about nandos giving free sides out ???
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-n...udents-8656338

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shayankurdboy)
    You can if you work hard. However i got A's in C1 and C1 but d in c3 and e in c4
    I am sorry to hear that
    What did you get overall?

ReputationRep:
    My offer for Economics with Study in Continental Europe at Bristol was AAA including maths and I got A*AB (A* in econ, A in maths, and B in Spanish) and I got rejected. Is there any way to contact the university and ask them to reconsider?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMR1997)
    My offer for Economics with Study in Continental Europe at Bristol was AAA including maths and I got A*AB (A* in econ, A in maths, and B in Spanish) and I got rejected. Is there any way to contact the university and ask them to reconsider?
    If they're your firm and they've rejected you, they've already considered whether to be lenient or not. You could call and ask again but it's a very slim chance that they'd change their mind having gone through the idea.

ReputationRep:
    keeeeeeemon

ReputationRep:
    Hi i really need help and im really frustrated so i got into my firm however because i hadnt completed these DBS checks and forms to fill in before late june it means now that i cant get in this year and would have to defer my place till next year. However i didnt recieve any email or anything through the post saying anything about these forms to complete however others unis did send this to me and i did complete and send it.

The uni has said they have sent it and there isnt anything they can do since they are "full".
    I feel its unfair that i cant go because of these checks that i didnt recieve that apparently cannot be done retrospectively. Is there anything i can do appeal? I really need some help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabath)
    Thats great, I wonder what is taking so long, they've had the results since the weekend? Do they give out more offers than other uni's?
    No - it's a very competitive course with few places so I think they like to give the impression that they're mulling it over carefully. In reality I got my rejection an hour after that phonecall (because Durham's course regards one A* miss as an abject failure and probably automatically declines based on that alone :P).

Really annoying though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    Same I love that it doesn't count but still want to do well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How did you do?

I did poorly as expected..

BDDD

B in maths
    Rest in FM Chem and Bio..

I'm disappointed..

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Can anyone help I have this weird situation where both my firm and Insurance are Unconditional. Is this normal ? What should I do

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I know this is a bit off topic, but I failed to meet my offer for maths at Warwick. I needed 2A*2A ended up with A* in Maths, A in further, Bs in Chemistry and Physics. I wanted to ask for help and advice on me taking a year out, retaking some exams and reapplying. I am fairly confident I can do a lot better because some of the exams I done bad in were two or three grades below my mock results. I think it was due to Ramadan and fasting, as I usually leave revision late. I wanted to know if anyone knows of any opportunities for gap year placements, and how I would get predicted grades etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginalLifelin)
    No I don't
    You need to contact Unis to see whether you can get in through clearing. Your grades look good, imo.

If not, you can take a gap year and reapply next year. Good luck though.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I just did three paper for FM, but one of them was an A2 module (FP2). How do I then calculate the overall grade for all three modules combined? Would FP2 being A2 affect it in any way?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.