This discussion is closed.
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 419)
Ahead of Falcao imo.
Rosicky still gave him a shout at in his third placed pick, cute.
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/ball...rds-byrank.pdf

According to this, Drogba would've got in the team ahead of Van Persie and Ibra. Ramos and Pique were the only two defenders nominated in the whole process, so I guess Fifa chose the fullbacks. One from Real and one from Barca should do the job.

Mourinho voted 2nd ahead of Pep, Di Matteo in 4th.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I thought Ronaldo wasn't going to be present at the awards due to a mid-week match? I bet he's ticked that he has had a wasted journey. Mourinho present? Again, read he wouldn't be attending.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CB91)
No chance.
Messi's suits to the awards get worse every year :facepalm2:
CB91
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
Messi's suits to the awards get worse every year :facepalm2:

:awesome:
WhatamIdoing
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Pirlo/Marchisio/Barzagli/Chiellini should have definitely made the team.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Malevolent)
Italian league is balls :laugh:
Not really. Boring yes it can be but it's not balls. But the so called great german league and german national team were subdued by the italians with ease and would probably do the exact same thing again. With 10 out of the 11 people playing in serie A and most of the german people in that squad at dortmund, barca or real surely it's an indication of their ability.

One of barzaghli and chiellini should have made the team. Maybe it's hard since they weren't in the CL or europa league though but their performances in the euros shows how good they are on the international stage. Also their performances so far in the CL deserve a mention.

(Original post by WhatamIdoing)
Pirlo/Marchisio/Barzagli/Chiellini should have definitely made the team.
Schweinsteigger, lahm also deserve a mention. But tbh it's a popularity contest, not a best 11.

(Original post by CB91)

:awesome:
I thought I remember seeing him wear a stupid suit like that. Guess the awards are going to his dress sense.
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
all out attackers team Messi,Suarez,Ronaldo,RVP,Falcao, Gomez,Huntelaar,Benzema,Ibrahimo vic,Rooney and Casillas
How I wish we could go back to those days before any of us were born of 1-9 formations.
maccy7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Piqué had a terrible season last year. Pep dropped him around Christmas IIRC. Couldn't argue with Barzagli/Chiellini over him.

Alves wasn't quite at his best. Shown by the fact he was dropped for a CL semi. Lahm over him for me.

Marcelo isn't the best left back in the world. Cole had a terrific season, our best player in CL run in. Baines could even get a mention, even Alba but certainly not Marcelo, this isn't Fifa.

Pirlo easily had a better year than Alonso. Enough said.

RVP/Falcao? Toss a coin, very little in it for me. Although I strongly believe if Cavani was at a bigger club he'd run them very close in the voting, should've been close regardless but such is football, you play in a slightly weaker league and you aren't considered. Imbeciles decide things like this.

Also, players like Ribery are very hard done by having Messi/Ronaldo ahead of them, Ribery had a brilliant season but there's no way in hell you could argue for him to be in the side.

Schweiny/Marchisio/Kompany/Bale/Silva all had great years too, but there's only 11 spots.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by maccy7)
Piqué had a terrible season last year. Pep dropped him around Christmas IIRC. Couldn't argue with Barzagli/Chiellini over him.

Alves wasn't quite at his best. Shown by the fact he was dropped for a CL semi. Lahm over him for me.

Marcelo isn't the best left back in the world. Cole had a terrific season, our best player in CL run in. Baines could even get a mention, even Alba but certainly not Marcelo, this isn't Fifa.

Pirlo easily had a better year than Alonso. Enough said.

RVP/Falcao? Toss a coin, very little in it for me. Although I strongly believe if Cavani was at a bigger club he'd run them very close in the voting, should've been close regardless but such is football, you play in a slightly weaker league and you aren't considered. Imbeciles decide things like this.

Also, players like Ribery are very hard done by having Messi/Ronaldo ahead of them, Ribery had a brilliant season but there's no way in hell you could argue for him to be in the side.

Schweiny/Marchisio/Kompany/Bale/Silva all had great years too, but there's only 11 spots.

They'd never give it to baines unless he joins a top 4 team. Cole has a better case for LB spot than marcelo imo, although they could give that to lahm as well.
Kompany has been poor this season, despite how good he was last season, if it's over the year 2012 he shouldn't get it.

Agree with the rest. Feel sorry for bale especially. One of my favourite players to watch in the league.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/ball...rds-byrank.pdf

According to this, Drogba would've got in the team ahead of Van Persie and Ibra. Ramos and Pique were the only two defenders nominated in the whole process, so I guess Fifa chose the fullbacks. One from Real and one from Barca should do the job.

Mourinho voted 2nd ahead of Pep, Di Matteo in 4th.
How is di matteo under pep last year? Considering what he did was way better than pep last season or last year you'd have given 3rd place to him no offence. You might as well put jupp heynckes if you're getting guardiola on top. Saying that he's 3rd by a tiny margin so can't complain too much.

Also how comes conte didn't even make the list? Because it's serie A :rolleyes:
WhatamIdoing
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Italian league is balls :laugh:
Easily the most tactical league out there and has to be up there in terms of young talent, too. Admittedly it does get boring at times with peninsula teams traditionally focusing on defence as well as attack (probably even more so), but great to watch still.

One of barzaghli and chiellini should have made the team. Maybe it's hard since they weren't in the CL or europa league though but their performances in the euros shows how good they are on the international stage. Also their performances so far in the CL deserve a mention.

Schweinsteigger, lahm also deserve a mention. But tbh it's a popularity contest, not a best 11.
Exactly. Barzagli/Chilleni can actually defend, unlike a lot of the other centre backs out there these days, but in todays age of attacking football, ball playing centre backs are always going to be prized over the traditional, no nonsense defenders.

I'd also argue a case for Cech over Casillas but it's as you said, a popularity contest.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by WhatamIdoing)
Easily the most tactical league out there and has to be up there in terms of young talent, too. Admittedly it does get boring at times with peninsula teams traditionally focusing on defence as well as attack (probably even more so), but great to watch still.

Exactly. I'd also argue a case for Cech over Casillas but it's as you said, a popularity contest.
Hmm, Cech over casillas. I'd put in buffon or neuer first before considering him. Although I keep on thinking of the FA cup final and that hand of God save when carroll almost scored. Best save I saw that season. :moon: Then there's always the barca matches.

Neuer is a God when he plays football and we all know buffons been doing his thing for years. If this was fifa neuer would get the award since you can't score against him :lol:
WhatamIdoing
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hmm, Cech over casillas. I'd put in buffon or neuer first before considering him. Although I keep on thinking of the FA cup final and that hand of God save when carroll almost scored. Best save I saw that season. :moon: Then there's always the barca matches.

Neuer is a God when he plays football and we all know buffons been doing his thing for years. If this was fifa neuer would get the award since you can't score against him :lol:
Buffon was indispensable for the unbeaten run but Cech's individual heroics pretty much forged the path to your FA cup/CL double last season.
And yeah, Neuer's slightly broken on FIFA :lol: Not without reason though, he's an immense keeper.

I'd also have Piszczek over Alves, and RVP over Falcao tbh.
J.Star
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Xabi Alonso over Pirlo :facepalm:
CB91
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
CopyRightElRicko on Twitter: "#myworldXI Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Puyol, Vidic, Marcelo, Nani, Xavi, Valencia, Van Persie, Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo."

Finn Grant on Twitter: "Neuer (GK), Lahm (LB), Alves (RB), Skrtel (CB), Pique (CB), Iniesta (CM), Alonso (CM), Toure (CAM), Messi (RW), Ronaldo (LW), Suarez (ST). #myworldXI"

S.B on Twitter: "#myworldXI Casillas, Alba, Kompany, Pique, Alves, Yaya Toure, Xavi, Iniesta, Van Persie, Ronaldo, Messi"

Chaapy on Twitter: "Neuer, A.Cole, Pique, Kompany, Lahm, Bale, Cleverly, Ronaldo, RvP, Messi and Falcao #myworldXI"

Jordan on Twitter: "Casillas, Alba, Piqué, Ramos, Lahm, Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso, Ronaldo, Messi, Ibrahimovic. #myworldXI"

Chris Devaney on Twitter: "#myworldxi Buffon, Ivanovic, Hummels, Sergio Ramos, Gerrard, Robben/Ronaldo, Yaya, Pirlo, Ibra, Falcao, Messi #bbcfootball"

Leon on Twitter: "Cassillas, Lahm, Kompany, Ramos, Cole, Pirlo, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Ronaldo, Van Persie. (4-3-3) #myworldXI"

William Fell on Twitter: "#myworldXI Casillas, Lahm, Kompany, Hummels, Cole, Yaya Toure, Iniesta, Pirlo, Messi, Falcao, Ronaldo"

LaurenceWW on Twitter: "#myworldXI Nuer, Lahm, Kompany, Hummels, Ramos, Ronaldo, Alonso, Schweinsteiger, Silva, Messi, Ibrahimovic"

Adam Day on Twitter: "Hart, Thiago Silva, Pique, Kompany, Zabaleta, Mata, Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldo, RVP, Messi #myworldXI"

Joe Birkin on Twitter: "#myworldXI Buffon, Jordi Alba, Lahm, Kompany, Sergio Ramos, Yaya Toure, Mata, Iniesta, Hazard, Messi, Ronaldo. 4-5-1. Goals all day."

Adam Berry on Twitter: "Casillas, Ramos, Kompany, Alves, Cole, Iniesta, David Silva, Ronaldo, Di Maria, Messi, Aguero #myworldXI"

From BBC Sportsday. Some truly awful World XI's there. :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:
Cryogenic
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by J.Star)
Xabi Alonso over Pirlo :facepalm:
Xabi Alonso was a key part of Spain's Euro win and Madrid's record league performance. I think Pirlo over Xavi, Piszczek/Lahm/Lichtsteiner over Alves, Cole over Marcelo and Barzagli over Pique would be better.

Everyone else is fine.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CB91)
CopyRightElRicko on Twitter: "#myworldXI Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Puyol, Vidic, Marcelo, Nani, Xavi, Valencia, Van Persie, Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo."

Finn Grant on Twitter: "Neuer (GK), Lahm (LB), Alves (RB), Skrtel (CB), Pique (CB), Iniesta (CM), Alonso (CM), Toure (CAM), Messi (RW), Ronaldo (LW), Suarez (ST). #myworldXI"

S.B on Twitter: "#myworldXI Casillas, Alba, Kompany, Pique, Alves, Yaya Toure, Xavi, Iniesta, Van Persie, Ronaldo, Messi"

Chaapy on Twitter: "Neuer, A.Cole, Pique, Kompany, Lahm, Bale, Cleverly, Ronaldo, RvP, Messi and Falcao #myworldXI"

Jordan on Twitter: "Casillas, Alba, Piqué, Ramos, Lahm, Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso, Ronaldo, Messi, Ibrahimovic. #myworldXI"

Chris Devaney on Twitter: "#myworldxi Buffon, Ivanovic, Hummels, Sergio Ramos, Gerrard, Robben/Ronaldo, Yaya, Pirlo, Ibra, Falcao, Messi #bbcfootball"

Leon on Twitter: "Cassillas, Lahm, Kompany, Ramos, Cole, Pirlo, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Ronaldo, Van Persie. (4-3-3) #myworldXI"

William Fell on Twitter: "#myworldXI Casillas, Lahm, Kompany, Hummels, Cole, Yaya Toure, Iniesta, Pirlo, Messi, Falcao, Ronaldo"

LaurenceWW on Twitter: "#myworldXI Nuer, Lahm, Kompany, Hummels, Ramos, Ronaldo, Alonso, Schweinsteiger, Silva, Messi, Ibrahimovic"

Adam Day on Twitter: "Hart, Thiago Silva, Pique, Kompany, Zabaleta, Mata, Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldo, RVP, Messi #myworldXI"

Joe Birkin on Twitter: "#myworldXI Buffon, Jordi Alba, Lahm, Kompany, Sergio Ramos, Yaya Toure, Mata, Iniesta, Hazard, Messi, Ronaldo. 4-5-1. Goals all day."

Adam Berry on Twitter: "Casillas, Ramos, Kompany, Alves, Cole, Iniesta, David Silva, Ronaldo, Di Maria, Messi, Aguero #myworldXI"

From BBC Sportsday. Some truly awful World XI's there. :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:
What would yours be?
CB91
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
What would yours be?
Casillas, Piszczek, Chiellini, Ramos, Alba, Pirlo, Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldo, Falcao, Messi.
maccy7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They'd never give it to baines unless he joins a top 4 team. Cole has a better case for LB spot than marcelo imo, although they could give that to lahm as well.
Kompany has been poor this season, despite how good he was last season, if it's over the year 2012 he shouldn't get it.

Agree with the rest. Feel sorry for bale especially. One of my favourite players to watch in the league.
That's ridiculous though, Baines is a better player than Cole, and I support Chelsea. Giving it to Lahm who played RB all season would be a joke. What does that say to Cole, Baines, Alba? Sorry, none of you are good enough, we've had to look in another position.

Kompany hasn't been that poor, he's had a couple of niggling injuries too. He was so outstanding last year though that he warrants consideration.

X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (489)
80.03%
Leave (122)
19.97%

Watched Threads