Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)

Never seen anything like this before :lol:
    Well...not by the Jets anyway....even if it is quite a Jets thing to do. I see your 3rd and 46...and raise you a 4th and 48 by the raiders!!! (This was against the Chiefs, and was actually 3rd and 48; the pass fell incomplete...)

And how did this happen?

(Original post by USAToday)
    On what could have been a game-tying drive in the fourth quarter, the Oakland Raiders stormed down the field near the end zone. In true Raiders fashion, they were driving toward the wrong end zone.
    A holding call on first down nullified the play and set up the Raiders with a 1st and 20. On the next play, Terrelle Pryor was sacked for a 12-yard loss. A delay of game on second down pushed the Raiders back to 2nd and 37. Pryor was then sacked again, leading to the 3rd and 48. It was a magical sight of incompetence, like seeing a three-legged unicorn with half a horn or finding a homeless leprechaun at the end of the rainbow.

Sadly, Pryor threw a quick check down on third down that resulted in an incompletion, thus depriving the NFL world of seeing something inconceivable, like a 4th and 57.
    The Raiders had started the drive on their own 18-yard line, then drove to midfield before getting pushed back to the 12. A drive that had gained 32 yards at one point instead ended up as a net -6.
    And what is the longest down and distance?

On a recent episode of the excellent Hang Up and Listen podcast, Josh Levin says the longest down and distance in NFL history was when the New England Patriots faced 4th and 63 in 1971.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    I saw that...what an idiot. The Utes were very much in the game at that point, and they give Oregon a freebie. Celebrate in the endzone, and only when you are in the endzone!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Wembley was awesome.

Funny thing was it's a jaguar "home game" but outnumbered by cowboys fans ten to one.
    I also had an awesome time even with the loss but you are right, nobody is ever going to want the Cowboys at Wembley ever again, there's so many of them! The Jags fans had most of the neutrals helping them but there were still too many of them. I was on top of the endzone which saw every touchdown except for Jason Witten's too so I certainly cannot complain about my view. The Remembrance Day Salute to Service stuff was really really good too!

P.S. Shunter I hate you, 144 points is not okay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    I also had an awesome time even with the loss but you are right, nobody is ever going to want the Cowboys at Wembley ever again, there's so many of them! The Jags fans had most of the neutrals helping them but there were still too many of them. I was on top of the endzone which saw every touchdown except for Jason Witten's too so I certainly cannot complain about my view. The Remembrance Day Salute to Service stuff was really really good too!

P.S. Shunter I hate you, 144 points is not okay!
    Unless we get a cowboys home game then it's fine.

I was A521. The corner where most TDs were scored.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Unless we get a cowboys home game then it's fine.

I was A521. The corner where most TDs were scored.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I was in 514 in the first row above the tv screen, loved the D Rob TD run into that corner and Bryant breaking tackles was pretty impressive. I imagine if I was at the other end I wouldn't have left feeling so positive though. I want to go again next year, not sure if the Jags or someone else? Miami v NYJ looks very tempting atmosphere wise, there are loads of UK Dolphins too.

ReputationRep:
    Have to admit my TSR fantasy team has been neglected slightly - sorry about that (although it's basically been a free win for all of you!) My other one is looking playoff bound though, as long as I can sort out my QB position. Had Cutler and Foles, turned into Cutler and Palmer when Foles went down, now Cutler and Tannehill... I just don't trust Cutler at all, but is Tannehill gonna be any better? Was also screaming at the refs last week when Jimmy got called for OPI (I know it kind of was, but it was a huge dive from the defender, the sort of thing that wouldn't get given in the first quarter), I won my match up, but a nice 60 yard touchdown wouldn't have hurt...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    Have to admit my TSR fantasy team has been neglected slightly - sorry about that (although it's basically been a free win for all of you!) My other one is looking playoff bound though, as long as I can sort out my QB position. Had Cutler and Foles, turned into Cutler and Palmer when Foles went down, now Cutler and Tannehill... I just don't trust Cutler at all, but is Tannehill gonna be any better? Was also screaming at the refs last week when Jimmy got called for OPI (I know it kind of was, but it was a huge dive from the defender, the sort of thing that wouldn't get given in the first quarter), I won my match up, but a nice 60 yard touchdown wouldn't have hurt...
    I know them feels. I basically lost my fantasy matchup against the leader in my IDP league, when Steve Smith had that 80 yard TD pulled back....I tried Palmer this week in my IDP league, as the league deadlines lock in the line up on Thursdays before the game, and Romo was a game-time decision (rivers was on a bye, and has recently started to suck...but it seem I'll have to trust him this week, with Romo on the bye....)

ReputationRep:
    This whole Winston case is fishy as hell. FSU are covering something. Wouldn't mind seeing that crab stick thief knocked into next century in their next game.

ReputationRep:
    This whole Winston case is fishy as hell. FSU are covering something. Wouldn't mind seeing that crab stick thief knocked into next century in their next game.
    What really annoys me is how Todd Gurley...who was never found guilty of anything was suspended for what, 5 or 6 games? UGA's season goes down the tubes...and so does his college career and chances of winning the Heisman...and he's the best RB in the nation. But, Crab Thief Winston does the same thing...nothing. Investigation by his university for sexual assault, from like last year, called off until the end of the season?! At the end of the season, he won't care, because he'll go into the NFL Draft -- his bridges with FSU would well and truely be burned.

Ugh...it really stinks...I have to agree. Mariota may lack the poise of Winston in the pocket, but he's got the ability, and the character to improve much more than Winston. If I'm an NFL GM, I'm taking the good egg in Marcus Mariota way before Crab Thief.

On a side note, I was watching 30 for 30, Rand University. If y'all get a chance, do watch it...it was about Randy Moss and his difficulties in moving from the high school game to College. He lost two scholarships, one to Notre Dame for punching a white boy who racially abused his friend, and then one to FSU for smoking a joint while in prison; One of the best prospects ever to come out of highschool was lucky to save his college career...and he had to drop down to D1-AA Marshall to do so (before the entered the BCS, D1-A). It most certainly puts Jamis Winston's troubles into context.

ReputationRep:
    Really hope the Broncos stuff them Dolphins. Dunno why but I think the Dolphins are my second most hated team.

ReputationRep:
    Really hope the Broncos stuff them Dolphins. Dunno why but I think the Dolphins are my second most hated team.
    I will be going to the game and cheering my team on... Even if they are your most hated team....#GOBRONCOS!

Agree that the 'Fins are dangerous, and although already a good game against a talented opponent, the match looks even better than when I first got the tickets for it. Tannehill (AKA, Diet-Luck, in the same way that Rivers is Diet-Peyton ) has discovered his 'inner Luck', and is playing to a high standard. That defense is good at all three levels...but that pass rush is really fierce. And the secondary...well..........

For those in the know, and not just because of his amazing interception against the Lions, Brent Grimes, (a former Hamburg Sea Devil of NFL Europa -- proving how successful it was as a farm league for the NFL, and how NFL Europa should have been brought back long ago) was and is one of the NFL's premier ballhawks...and a really good cover corner. [On that note, it's going to be good learning from Chris Harris Jr. as well who is always overlooked as well.]

It's a shame Knowshon doesn't have a chance to impress against the Broncos...the running game really just hasn't been the same since he left...although I have being asking for CJ Anderson to get his chance for a long time. Although, the battle of the lines will be interesting. I don't know how our O-line with its changes will stack up with Miami D-line, but I have confidence in our D-line to shut down their running game and to get to the quarterback.

And since he'll be signing a one-day contract to retire as a Bronco, hopefully Champ Bailey can make an appearance at half-time. That would be freaking sweet.

ReputationRep:
    **** sake someone just beat Florida. Bunch of chokers... Can see Miami ****ing it up.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing ****ty Miami blew that. Alabama have to be ranked ahead of Florida state.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing ****ty Miami blew that. Alabama have to be ranked ahead of Florida state.
    IT WAS GOING SO WELL.....:/ If FSU lose...they are out of the college football playoff. FSU must be Zombies...it's official. THEY ARE UNKILLABLE.

I've been saying 'Bama have been a top4 team all along. Stupid playoff committee thought otherwise...(TCU and Oregon ahead, WTF??) and wow...'Bama must have been hacked off, to say the least, to be 'disrespected' like that, that they were not in that top 4. It is not hyperbole to suggest that the entire CFB world is on notice....they are coming back for their national crown. The Iron Bowl will sure be extra tasty, as Auburn coming off a big loss will still want to play the role of a spoiler. (Raammer Jammer, Yellow Hammer, give 'em Hell Alabama!!) Yes. A two-loss SEC team should still get in.

How 'bout LSU being shut out and losing to Arkansas? Might as well scrap the college playoff as it stands...and put four SEC West teams in there, at this rate.....I have to ask myself...can Oregon, FSU, TCU, Baylor and Ohio State (B1G sucks!) beat a SEC West team, the way they are playing right now?? Doubt it. So much quality in that division...maybe a PAC12 team might be able to do it...maybe UCLA or USC??, but I'd favor the SEC team to get it done. It rightly has the reputation as college football's best division...in terms of quality but also competition, imho.

ReputationRep:
    Although, I feel the FCS needs a little more love. On that note...screw the Big Sky refs...and screw Montana State. The worst call I have ever seen (and that includes the [email protected] with the Fail Mary play, or the one where Kuechkly wrestled Gronk in the end zone.....) screwed my ISU Bengals out of the conference championship. 0:07 on the clock in Q4 from the MSU 35, and only down 5 after special teams blocks a Field Goal, Justin Arias dials up a deep one...and the wide receiver was pretty much restrained and not able to come back to the ball. No DPI...which would have been an untimed down from the 1 (I would have put everything on Daniel McSurdy getting through for the TD).

Ugh. NOT HAPPY. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I think people seriously underestimate the SEC they kill each other seriously

ReputationRep:
    How do you rank the teams now? Is Oregon going to No.1? TCU won, but they hardly played well. Same for FSU really, although they rallied well. My guess would be

1. Alabama
    2. FSU
    3. Oregon
    4. TCU
    5. Mississippi State
    6. Ohio State
    7. Baylor

and then after that who knows

ReputationRep:
    I think people seriously underestimate the SEC they kill each other seriously
    Oh yeah. A two-loss SEC team gets in easily. A one-loss SEC team is the number 1 seed, imho...SEC is the best conference by far. A top 4 SEC-playoff would be more interesting than the playoffs. You could have Bama 1, Georgia/Missori 2 (by virtue of winning the East). And then MSST and then the runner up in the East. Sorted. Or have the SEC west teams play off again. Bama, Ole Miss, MSST and Auburn. mmm. Tasty.

(Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    How do you rank the teams now? Is Oregon going to No.1? TCU won, but they hardly played well. Same for FSU really, although they rallied well. My guess would be

1. Alabama
    2. FSU
    3. Oregon
    4. TCU
    5. Mississippi State
    6. Ohio State
    7. Baylor

and then after that who knows
    I hate moving teams down just because of bye weeks. After being disrespected, Bama need to be 1. and Oregon 2, although I can see the CFB Playoff Committee moving Oregon up, FSU up, Bama at three and TCU at four. Do the other teams pass the eyeball test? I don't think so....but the only surefire three for this week are Bama, Oregon and FSU, and I would be tempted to put them in that order.

TCU had lucky escape against an awful Kansas team, and if FSU fell for beating Louisville after mounting a spirited comeback, than both deserve to move down...the question then becomes, who takes their place? Ohio State play in the B1G conference...and have a loss to Virginia Tech. A couple of weeks ago...one of the commentators suggested that if a B1G team was to win out...they are a lock for a playoff spot. No chance. Give me 2 SEC teams, a Pac12 team and a ACC/Big XII team. Swapping Mississippi State and Bama makes sense. The score board will say that they only lost by 5...but the garbage time TD and the deficit at the half make it hard for MSST. Georgia need to get credit for stomping all over Auburn.

At the end...here's my predictions:

1. Bama.
    2. Oregon.
    3. Mississippi State
    4. Baylor
    5. UCLA (*Power Pick...should win out...and wins against USC and Stanford should look good)
    6. TCU
    7. Ole Miss
    8. Ohio State (screw the B1G conference...)
    9. Georgia
    10. FSU (* If FSU lose to Florida....if they do not, I would expect them to be 3rd, with MSST 4 and all the other teams slotting down one.)

ReputationRep:
    Also...bless Uga. They focused on the dog sleeping for like 30seconds!! Maybe the game just didn't cut the mustard in terms of excitement for the dog...

And also, the Vols' dog is wrapped up nicely. Well, it is cold!!

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I'd not seen the '95 Browns Football Life until today, this **** is emotional! I think I actually respect the Browns more now, and BB, despite the fact he's a grumpy old tool now he seemed like a game-changer in the 90s.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.