Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy96)
    Happy birthday Lucy!! You're 18, go wild :nutcase:

That's what I planned to do on my birthday... Never did.

Have a great day!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much that's so lovely. I know! It's quite sad to be honest, I want to be a child again :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww, at least you can legally drink now, I still have to ask friends to get me stuff
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    Aww, at least you can legally drink now, I still have to ask friends to get me stuff
    I'm the opposite- I can buy it but not drink it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

(Original post by furryface12)
    Happy anniversary, Sir Mod

Edit: Also, be proud of me- I just actually reported someone on here (well, two people actually) for the first time ever

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks

Pfft, that should be normal tbh. What happens is: people complain about being picked on because we apparently single them out, we tell them that we can't monitor the whole site so ask them to report things and then they say "No, I won't do that" and still complain about being picked on. You don't do that, of course, but it drives me mad. :mad:

(Original post by keromedic)
    I PMed but was too late, I suppose.

Happy belated mod anniversary
    Nope, certainly not too late - I just haven't responded to the PMs yet (anyone else is welcome to PM me still, btw!).

Thanks

(Original post by Qari)
    Happy belated modiversary

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm the opposite- I can buy it but not drink it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why would you buy it and then not drink it? :unimpressed:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    Happy Birthday

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you

Happy birthday!

(Actually got the right person this time )

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you hahaha awww
    (Original post by adi19956)

Have a great day!
    Thank you! I've always planned to do the same but I'm not sure I'll stick to it :lol: thanks again
    That's true, it does have its advantages how long is it until yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Hey Happy Birthday
    Hi5 January Babies! :five:
    My friends aren't really the going out types, so I can't really see being 18 making much of a difference to me

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just under 5 months so its not too bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dtwolves)
    What is the area like nearby to the university?

What course are you studying, and how are you finding your time at UEA?

I'm interested in the actuarial science degree, do you have any information about this?

Would you recommend the university to others?

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks
    Firstly Norwich (the town centre of it) is about 15 mins by bus, the area in itself is brilliant everything is nearby and it's easy to find your way round. There's the 25 and 25a which take you into town and that's all day every day- they run every 10 minutes too!

I'm a biological sciences student, thus far I'm loving every moment of it. The uni is a great size, you end up meeting a lot of people very quickly and you end up seeing the same people around which is lovely. Even despite the large amount of concrete, the view of the broad makes up for it particularly at night :love: so you have a nice balance between them.

I can't help you with actuarial science unfortunately, sorry.

I would definitely recommend the uni, coming here was one of the best choices I made

ReputationRep:
    For those who are doing edexcel bio, do you have to know the life cycles of bacteria and viruses (reproduction etc)? I'm kind off confused because the spec just says 'distinguish the differences between the structure of bacteria and viruses' and the symptoms they produce to cause diseases. :s

x
    Happy Birthday! :woo:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Puffy, that should be normal tbh. What happens is: people complain about being picked on because we apparently single them out, we tell them that we can't monitor the whole site so ask them to report things and then they say "No, I won't do that" and still complain about being picked on. You don't do that, of course, but it drives me mad. :mad:

Thanks
    Sorrry I don't generally notice things like that tbh or go in the discussion areas as they annoy me, i just happened to notice something then and thought I might as well do something about it. In general the mods seem to do a good job though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Why would you buy it and then not drink it? :unimpressed:
    I don't generally do either, if I buy it it's too tempting (only done it once, then again only been eighteen a couple of weeks) and I don't want to mess up my medication or them to react with each other When are you eighteen?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :wizard2: Happy Birthday Lucy!!!:yay::elefant::party2:

When's the party?

ReputationRep:
    Need help what motivates you to study? And how do you stay focused on long assignments that you have to complete by the end of the day?
    Happy birthday!

(Actually got the right person this time )

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by adi19956)

Have a great day!

Thanks

Pfft, that should be normal tbh. What happens is: people complain about being picked on because we apparently single them out, we tell them that we can't monitor the whole site so ask them to report things and then they say "No, I won't do that" and still complain about being picked on. You don't do that, of course, but it drives me mad. :mad:

Nope, certainly not too late - I just haven't responded to the PMs yet (anyone else is welcome to PM me still, btw!).

Thanks

Thanks

Thank you

Thank you hahaha awww

Thank you! I've always planned to do the same but I'm not sure I'll stick to it :lol: thanks again

Posted from TSR Mobile
    btw Happy birthday

(Original post by Soontobesuper)
    Hey Happy Birthday
    Hi5 January Babies! :five:
    My friends aren't really the going out types, so I can't really see being 18 making much of a difference to me

(Original post by lilGem)
    Firstly Norwich (the town centre of it) is about 15 mins by bus, the area in itself is brilliant everything is nearby and it's easy to find your way round. There's the 25 and 25a which take you into town and that's all day every day- they run every 10 minutes too!

I'm a biological sciences student, thus far I'm loving every moment of it. The uni is a great size, you end up meeting a lot of people very quickly and you end up seeing the same people around which is lovely. Even despite the large amount of concrete, the view of the broad makes up for it particularly at night :love: so you have a nice balance between them.

I can't help you with actuarial science unfortunately, sorry.

I would definitely recommend the uni, coming here was one of the best choices I made

(Original post by justanotherindigo)
    For those who are doing edexcel bio, do you have to know the life cycles of bacteria and viruses (reproduction etc)? I'm kind off confused because the spec just says 'distinguish the differences between the structure of bacteria and viruses' and the symptoms they produce to cause diseases. :s

Happy Birthday! :woo:

(Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    :wizard2: Happy Birthday Lucy!!!:yay::elefant::party2:

When's the party?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueray2)
    Need help what motivates you to study? And how do you stay focused on long assignments that you have to complete by the end of the day?

btw Happy birthday
    Haha, wise choice not asking me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    Haha, wise choice not asking me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just quoted anyone on the page Go on tell me some motivation/ tips

ReputationRep:
    Just quoted anyone on the page Go on tell me some motivation/ tips
    I lack motivation myself But for assignments/homework I get I always finish that before the deadline or as soon as I can get it
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Is there anyone here doing a non-science/maths subject and that would be interested in helping the mod team/TSR with something? If so, PM me, letting me know what subject(s) you do (just so I can get an idea of people who are interested)
    To everyone who PMd me: I'm not ignoring you, I promise I'll reply to your PMs as soon as I've finished with my revision/coursework stuff! If anyone else wants to PM me, feel free!

Oh, and if you've quoted me, I'll reply after I finish my work too

ReputationRep:
    Best not to ask me, I'm atrocious at studying. I've done nothing this holiday except a few chapters of S1.
    Put up pictures of your favourite university where you study. I saw someone say that, never did it though so I don't know if it works or not.
    The only thing that's ever worked for me is being realistic with how much you're going to do and getting into routines that include breaks. That's how I stayed focused on C3 over the summer

ReputationRep:
    I don't generally do either, if I buy it it's too tempting (only done it once, then again only been eighteen a couple of weeks) and I don't want to mess up my medication or them to react with each other When are you eighteen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that does make sense, nice to see you being responsible and late May
    I don't usually have motivation when I do work, I normally just start off slowly then get really into it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.