Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really need all of your help guys
    I have no issue at all at getting A's in Written subjects at AS.. and i'm doing fine in all my subjects..
    However alongside my AS subjects i have just been entered in for my Maths GCSE again.. (it was the only subject i did not get an A/A* in, and i would really like to try and manage this..)

I have no idea how you revise Maths :s in lessons and mocks i could always get A's and understand the theory, then in the exam i fall apart (i didn't revise at all last year :/)
    How do you revise Maths!
    It's so embarassing especially as most on here are Maths wizzes..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amethysst)
    I have no issue at all at getting A's in Written subjects at AS.. and i'm doing fine in all my subjects..
    However alongside my AS subjects i have just been entered in for my Maths GCSE again.. (it was the only subject i did not get an A/A* in, and i would really like to try and manage this..)

I have no idea how you revise Maths :s in lessons and mocks i could always get A's and understand the theory, then in the exam i fall apart (i didn't revise at all last year :/)
    How do you revise Maths!
    it's not so much revise as practice so that using the formulae becomes second nature to you in when and how to use it... that's all I can really think to say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tara8000)
    it's not so much revise as practice so that using the formulae becomes second nature to you in when and how to use it... that's all I can really think to say
    I've never revised for Maths in my life i hated Science, but atleast i could just memorise some content and get an A..
    I'll just have to try i suppose ill probably leave the revision until after my AS exams though, which will leave me about 2 and a half weeks to revise hm

ReputationRep:
    I've never revised for Maths in my life i hated Science, but atleast i could just memorise some content and get an A..
    I'll just have to try i suppose ill probably leave the revision until after my AS exams though, which will leave me about 2 and a half weeks to revise hm
    The most useful (and indeed, perhaps the only) advice anyone here can give you for maths can be summed up in two words:

Past. Papers.

ReputationRep:

How do you revise Maths!
    If you said you got a bad mark because you didn't revise, then do so! You should at least be able to move up one grade by doing ALL the available past papers and critically marking them yourself, and then make a folder of the questions you can't do and make sure you can once you've done some more textbook questions! You should aim to complete all the available past papers, there can't be too more than 10 so that's only about 20 hours of work and you could do that in a weekend!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cluck)
    Wait what I haven't been around for a while and everyone's on about Ancient Greek heroes and democracy? :eek: Wuh?
    IKR!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giulia Z)
    Sweet! I'm doing AQA, Tsarist Russia and Peter the Great How's your course going?
    Rather well. Feeling rather confident that I've got an A on unit 2 and a B/C on unit 1 in my mocks.

ReputationRep:
    School tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Who is excited to go back to school tomorrow. I know i am.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nocoolusername)
    Who is excited to go back to school tomorrow. I know i am.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am I really enjoy it! Or was that sarcasm, it's chemistry day too!!!!

ReputationRep:
    for the A level science ISAs, how much do you reckon the grade boundaries will go down as a consequence of mark schemes only being given out after the tests are done?

ReputationRep:
    Half term starts this week for me

ReputationRep:
    Back to hell tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Hello?

Is it me you're looking for?

been here a while, but not in a year or so. entertained a brief addiction to the year 11 thread, then left suddenly. if you like music, espesh DFA Records or Kitsune, or anything related to that, then I like you.

ReputationRep:
    if anyone remembers me that would make my day. otherwise hi.

also I've just remembered my reputation. yowch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guills on wheels)

I remember you!

ReputationRep:

What did you do for that rep wow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I remember you!
    yay! I remember you!

(Original post by Futuremedic2096)
    What did you do for that rep wow!
    many many things /shady face/

I think mainly ranting against homophobia and right-wing politics, and racism, and letting it all get very very sweary.

ReputationRep:
    yay! I remember you!

I think mainly ranting against homophobia and right-wing politics, and racism, and letting it all get very very sweary.
    I read that as you ranting against homosexuality I was like uh oh

ReputationRep:

No way you got 2 red gems for being against homophobia and right-wingers unless you said something immeasurably stupid

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.