Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm at Magdalen for interview right now and there seems to be access to WiFi. They handed us a login code soon after entering the college however I have yet to try it out (as my unlimited data works perfectly fine) so don't worry too much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fs1)
    Kind of panicking about this 'will there be wifi, won't there be wifi' situation. Anyone know anything about the wifi situation at Oriel?
    No wifi for applicants at Mansfield

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't care about wifi at univ, l'll be grateful for electricity! Haven't had any since Saturday

ReputationRep:
    When we get to the college, do we just go to the lodge and say that we are there for an interview? I know this a stupid question but obsessing over the small stuff lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by thehollowcrown)
    When we get to the college, do we just go to the lodge and say that we are there for an interview? I know this a stupid question but obsessing over the small stuff lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes! There will probably be lots of student helpers at the porters lodge ready to help.

ReputationRep:
    Coooool are u being interviewed for history?
    (Original post by or17)
    Interview 9th-11th at Jesus too

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Oriel for Computer Science with Philosophy. Thought I did okay on the MAT but thought that with my GCSE and AS results and considering the low number of female applicants, I would at least be invited for an interview. But I was rejected pre interview. Really upset

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renaa)
    No wifi for applicants at Mansfield

Posted from TSR Mobile
    RIP in pieces, how will Mansfield applicants even survive for 2-3 days without internet?

ReputationRep:
    what are you guys (males plz) wearing to interview?
    Also, I applied to st catherine's and have been invited to interview 9-11, but that's all they've told me, is that normal??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathlete2198)
    I applied to Oriel for Computer Science with Philosophy. Thought I did okay on the MAT but thought that with my GCSE and AS results and considering the low number of female applicants, I would at least be invited for an interview. But I was rejected pre interview. Really upset
    There are a lot of other good choices beside Oxford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveToArgue)
    I live in the North West where all the flooding has been happening, so any interview prep I hoped to do this weekend has not been done. There's been a power cut since Saturday, no trains til Wednesday, my neighbour's house was on fire as they had to use candles to see, the basements in my streets are flooded, and our oven is electric so the only things I've eaten today are Jaffa cakes and bread rolls!! If all goes well then I should make it to Oxford ok for my interview Wednesday-Friday, but the nearest petrol station is half an hour away, and the trains aren't running....
    Stay calm, it's going to be alright - they're bound to be understanding of the situation and stressing about it will only make you uncomfortable in the interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kjlynch)
    I brought new ones today so that shouldn't be a problem, thank you!

History at Corpus Christi
    Nice, I'm Law at St Hugh's Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kearB siV)
    Also, I applied to st catherine's and have been invited to interview 9-11, but that's all they've told me, is that normal??
    I was going to go casual but all E&Mers last year went suit so I'm going to go for suit and shirt no tie (tutors will really not care how you're dressed to an obvious extent).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureOxford3)
    There are a lot of other good choices beside Oxford
    I guess there are other unis. I just really really want to know why I got rejected I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I guess there are other unis. I just really really want to know why I got rejected I guess.
    What is your MAT score? I know that if your MAT score falls below a certain score you will automatically be rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Yes! There will probably be lots of student helpers at the porters lodge ready to help.
    Thank you! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureOxford3)
    What is your MAT score? I know that if your MAT score falls below a certain score you will automatically be rejected.
    I too think it must be my MAT. I'm not sure what I got, we don't get told until Jan. But I think I got around 50

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kearB siV)
    I am the same for Brasenose, no more info yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I too think it must be my MAT. I'm not sure what I got, we don't get told until Jan. But I think I got around 50
    The people predicted an average score of 55 for shortlisting on the MAT thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyblackparade)
    Coooool are u being interviewed for history?
    History and French

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.