Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey can someone tell me if what I'm saying is ok, i genuinely just want to help and support people, so if what I'm saying could trigger someone or make them feel worse, please let me know. Sorry if it does, I really didn't mean to, just trying to help, and if it's not helping, I shall stop. Thank you xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tree321)
    Maybe next time write down things you want to discuss and how you want them to be discussed. You need to try and ignore them to the best you can and keep trying if nothing changes with the Meds go back x
    Yeah, I really should take that advice and write stuff down - even if just to hand to her so I can explain things without getting flustered.

I'm really trying to ignore them, but it's really difficult, they're not like everyone else I feel myself being overwhelmed by them and yeah...it's difficult. Sorry, that was an awful description.

Problem with going back for different meds is that my psychiatrist doesn't know what to do next. She wanted me to go to hospital for a while so they can prescribe something but no way in hell am I agreeing to that.

How're you?

(and no, I appreciate you trying to help, you haven't triggered me )

ReputationRep:
    Hey can someone tell me if what I'm saying is ok, i genuinely just want to help and support people, so if what I'm saying could trigger someone or make them feel worse, please let me know. Sorry if it does, I really didn't mean to, just trying to help, and if it's not helping, I shall stop. Thank you xxx
    No I think you're being really helpful and I don't think anything you've said has been potentially triggering :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Try and get the best support you can that is right for you, say if what your currently getting isn't right for you! And surround your self with things that make you happy x
    i'd be happy with any support, I don't have anything, that's the problem. and nothing makes me happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Good to hear that you managed to get some done! :five:

I would try not to worry too much about not doing anything after dinner. With stuff like this you should start small and build it up. You don't want to burnout from pushing yourself too hard. See today as a success!
    Thanks...

Panik though, because I should do informed choices and I just talked instead of reading around...wish me luck.

How are you?

ReputationRep:
    Back to the Drs tomorrow :sigh: still cant breath very well so the steroids havnt work, its really getting me down now, just doing simple things is hard work!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Feeling a bit anxious about tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    Feeling a bit anxious about tomorrow.
    What's happening tomorrow?

Maybe get an earlyish night so you can feel ready in the morning?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathanielle)
    Thanks...

Panik though, because I should do informed choices and I just talked instead of reading around...wish me luck.

How are you?
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean here by informed choices, but good luck nonetheless!

I'm not great. Just spent an hour and a half on the phone sorting out my bank account with voices trying to get my attention the whole time. But at least it's sorted now. Time for a delicious cup of tea.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they didn't know the effect of what they are doing? And don't let it happen next time, say something to them xx
    They did, which is what was so annoying. I really should have confronted them about it but anxiety means I really hate confrontations I guess I should just man up but yeah, I won't let it happen again. Thanks for the support
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    What's happening tomorrow?

Maybe get an earlyish night so you can feel ready in the morning?
    I'm going to a concert... And recently I've been a bit iffy with crowds of people. And it's quite a big concert. But I'm going to attempt to push through it all.

I can't sleep, my sleep pattern is a bit messy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    I'm going to a concert... And recently I've been a bit iffy with crowds of people. And it's quite a big concert. But I'm going to attempt to push through it all.

I can't sleep, my sleep pattern is a bit messy.
    Oh right, sounds cool! I hope you manage to conquer your fear, concerts can be a lot of fun. If you're in the standing area don't feel bad if you need to step back and get some space, it's a pretty big thing to be doing with your anxiety so make sure you cut yourself some slack. :console:

ReputationRep:
    Money has dissappeared in what feels like a puff of smoke, or more realistically about a week, its a good thing im moving back in with my mum soon. Hopefully not for too long, mind, don't like the idea of living with parents when i should be old enough to have my own place.

There's a lot of things i feel i've lost and can't get back. I feel like any creative flare i once had has faded away, once i realised that i was just a drop in the ocean amongst a lot of very talented people, that essentially i just wasn't good enough to either make a living with it or get enjoyment from it. That goes for music and art. I have also got worse with money, and more dependant on certain things that aren't healthy. I keep pretending things will get better, and know they won't because i lack the strength to change anything.

If it wasn't for my fluoxotine i think i'd be a complete mess right now, so at least i guess that's a silver lining.

ReputationRep:
    Supposed to be choosing my final project and I can't read through the project descriptions because I can't concentrate at all. However, I did manage to get out of going home this weekend, but it involved lying and now I feel horrible. I'm a horrible person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    Supposed to be choosing my final project and I can't read through the project descriptions because I can't concentrate at all. However, I did manage to get out of going home this weekend, but it involved lying and now I feel horrible. I'm a horrible person.
    Worried to go back home for one reason or another? :console: A lie like that isn't something to be worried about, and it certainly doesn't make you a bad person :hugs:

If it did then i would be beyond horrible :d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meaty_man)
    Worried to go back home for one reason or another? :console: A lie like that isn't something to be worried about, and it certainly doesn't make you a bad person :hugs:

If it did then i would be beyond horrible :d
    Yeah, two abusers live there. I know realistically I'm going to have to go home at some point, because I haven't got money to support myself and no job right now, and even if I did it would cause problems for my mum (tbh I don't think I'd be able to hold down a job anyway). Don't know I just feel horrible because my mum was like "we were really looking forward to seeing you home this weekend" and I lied to her. I hate lying. Just feel awful.

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it too. :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LesPaul_Player91)
    They did, which is what was so annoying. I really should have confronted them about it but anxiety means I really hate confrontations I guess I should just man up but yeah, I won't let it happen again. Thanks for the support

Then they are people you should no longer associate yourself with, and only try to if you can, dont force yourself, thats ok xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    No I think you're being really helpful and I don't think anything you've said has been potentially triggering :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you, and thats good to know xxx

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I really should take that advice and write stuff down - even if just to hand to her so I can explain things without getting flustered.

I'm really trying to ignore them, but it's really difficult, they're not like everyone else I feel myself being overwhelmed by them and yeah...it's difficult. Sorry, that was an awful description.

Problem with going back for different meds is that my psychiatrist doesn't know what to do next. She wanted me to go to hospital for a while so they can prescribe something but no way in hell am I agreeing to that.

How're you?

(and no, I appreciate you trying to help, you haven't triggered me )
    Or maybe make notes on your phone, as im the sort of person that always has my phone to hand, and always like to write down my feelings on there?

Mmm i dont really know what to say to that, but maybe try and distract yourself?

How comes you dont want to go there? Maybe it'll help you more?

Im feeling pretty good recently, just to make sure everyone else is to.

And thats ok xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    i'd be happy with any support, I don't have anything, that's the problem. and nothing makes me happy
    You need to speak to the doctors and try and get some, and there must be, music, youtube vidoes, talking to friends? xxx

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.