What are you listening to now? VII Watch

This discussion is closed.
Amellia123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SassKing13)
I see They could actually 'rock out' (cringey word ) when they wanted to. The guitar on Friends of Mine is a good example. I remember watching that concert at The London Paladium I think it was, and the guitarist whose name I can't seem to recall (:rofl:) was really good on that live version of FoM. So yeah, not just a pop band. I think people underestimate them possibly...
Exactly You're right. They just get tired of the lifestyle or they want to branch out and do their own thing.
Yeah I agree and yes true :lol: I was listening to Deep Purple last night actually - In Rock, Fireball and Machine Head. Yeah, bands get older and slow down. Echo and the Bunnymen from the 90s onwards for example.
Haha yes I know what you mean sadly... Especially as I work on at College and also have an application that lets you make electronic music!
Haha just a tad cringey :lol: I suppose Notorious was okay, but their concerts at this point were no where near as good (tbh I think Duran Duran died after 1984, when the split into two different bands for year. Then in 86 when they did a new album after 3 yrs Roger couldn't cope anymore and Andy wanted to leave). Their peak has to be The Reflex - I swear they were on top of the world at that point! The Palladium concert in '82 is brilliant, you can tell they all really enjoy performing together as they are still young. I think people who were around to know of them in 80s know that till about 1985 there were the biggest band on the planet (my mum admits this and she preferred Spandau Ballet :lol:). Its just nower days the 'youth of today' think theyre naff as only 'new music' is cool.
Yeah they do, which is a shame tbh. As Deep Purple progressed their concerts became so boring too as they tried to make everything more technical and abstract which didn't work at all :rofl:
Haha I remember when I was at primary school we would use this program to cut and paste bits of songs together to make our own remixes - some of us just used it to cut the chorus' out to use as a phone ringtone :rofl: I still find it so odd how you can make a whole song without having to use instruments at all (I sound like a Victorian now haha)
username1467365
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Amellia123)
Haha just a tad cringey :lol: I suppose Notorious was okay, but their concerts at this point were no where near as good (tbh I think Duran Duran died after 1984, when the split into two different bands for year. Then in 86 when they did a new album after 3 yrs Roger couldn't cope anymore and Andy wanted to leave). Their peak has to be The Reflex - I swear they were on top of the world at that point! The Palladium concert in '82 is brilliant, you can tell they all really enjoy performing together as they are still young. I think people who were around to know of them in 80s know that till about 1985 there were the biggest band on the planet (my mum admits this and she preferred Spandau Ballet :lol:). Its just nower days the 'youth of today' think theyre naff as only 'new music' is cool.
Yeah they do, which is a shame tbh. As Deep Purple progressed their concerts became so boring too as they tried to make everything more technical and abstract which didn't work at all :rofl:
Haha I remember when I was at primary school we would use this program to cut and paste bits of songs together to make our own remixes - some of us just used it to cut the chorus' out to use as a phone ringtone :rofl: I still find it so odd how you can make a whole song without having to use instruments at all (I sound like a Victorian now haha)
:lol: Ah well, it seemed appropriate Ah I see... Well I've mentioned before that E&tB's peak was '83/'84. After that, it wasn't great album wise. Though they were still great at playing live (haha you know it's a later concert because Ian started wearing a suit jacket ). In fact, I read yesterday that after Ocean Rain, they didn't really know what to do next. It took a lot out of them unfortunately and they questioned their purpose as a band. Hence the lackluster fifth album (they should of played a few more concerts after Ocean Rain, then called it a day and reformed in the 90s I think). I think I've seen the video for The Reflex and it definitely looks like they were on top of the world! Yeah from what I've seen, I'd have to agree Yeah...
:rofl: Damn youths Not knowing what talented actual musicians came before the crap of today...
Certainly is... Ah I see... I've never actually watched a Deep Purple concert, though I have their acclaimed live album to listen to - 'Made In Japan'. I must watch one sometime! Amazing how Ian Gillian can sing that high

Haha was it Audacity? We had that too :lol: Yeah it is a bit strange really, though it's cool
Amellia123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SassKing13)
:lol: Ah well, it seemed appropriate Ah I see... Well I've mentioned before that E&tB's peak was '83/'84. After that, it wasn't great album wise. Though they were still great at playing live (haha you know it's a later concert because Ian started wearing a suit jacket ). In fact, I read yesterday that after Ocean Rain, they didn't really know what to do next. It took a lot out of them unfortunately and they questioned their purpose as a band. Hence the lackluster fifth album (they should of played a few more concerts after Ocean Rain, then called it a day and reformed in the 90s I think). I think I've seen the video for The Reflex and it definitely looks like they were on top of the world! Yeah from what I've seen, I'd have to agree Yeah...
:rofl: Damn youths Not knowing what talented actual musicians came before the crap of today...
Certainly is... Ah I see... I've never actually watched a Deep Purple concert, though I have their acclaimed live album to listen to - 'Made In Japan'. I must watch one sometime! Amazing how Ian Gillian can sing that high

Haha was it Audacity? We had that too :lol: Yeah it is a bit strange really, though it's cool
Haha I think there can be such a thing as 'running out of material' tbh, as I bet it can become quite boring for them to perform the same songs over and over. I suppose when they realise theyre coming down from the high of their career that it can become a little demoralising. I like The Reflex video (even tho its just a video of them performing it live :lol:) the crowd is massive too which just makes it all the more exciting! They really were - I think within the space of a month they had 2 number ones! Well deserved I think, seeing as quite a few of their earlier songs would have made great number ones also!

Haha :lol: Oh well, I suppose most of us like what we grow up with, so I cant really blame for liking it (millions of people do so...) Its like, I bet everyone else hates some of the stuff I listen to (especially my mum, she hates that I like 70s punk.... she cannot stand the Sex Pistols :lol:)

They keep putting loads of old concerts on Sky Arts (which you can also get on YouTube if you know what you're looking for) - I'm just waiting for them to out the Palladium 82 one on (as the 'Working For The Skin Trade Tour' (87) was a little boring :lol:) My dad actually has that in his box of CDs that he's kept! And the earlier ones are fantastic, I always get a bit too excited when I see a concert on TV that I like :lol:

Yeah it was actually! Ahh was quite fun to use, made IT times more interesting (because the IT in lower secondary school was so boring). I suppose its really interesting to see how actual music production has evolved over the years (although I still think it was cool how things weren't as mass produced - some of the original records my dad has are apparently quite rare as only so many were made)
I could probably have cut this in half word wise - but that would take a very long time :rofl:
username1467365
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Amellia123)
Haha I think there can be such a thing as 'running out of material' tbh, as I bet it can become quite boring for them to perform the same songs over and over. I suppose when they realise theyre coming down from the high of their career that it can become a little demoralising. I like The Reflex video (even tho its just a video of them performing it live :lol:) the crowd is massive too which just makes it all the more exciting! They really were - I think within the space of a month they had 2 number ones! Well deserved I think, seeing as quite a few of their earlier songs would have made great number ones also!

Haha :lol: Oh well, I suppose most of us like what we grow up with, so I cant really blame for liking it (millions of people do so...) Its like, I bet everyone else hates some of the stuff I listen to (especially my mum, she hates that I like 70s punk.... she cannot stand the Sex Pistols :lol:)

They keep putting loads of old concerts on Sky Arts (which you can also get on YouTube if you know what you're looking for) - I'm just waiting for them to out the Palladium 82 one on (as the 'Working For The Skin Trade Tour' (87) was a little boring :lol:) My dad actually has that in his box of CDs that he's kept! And the earlier ones are fantastic, I always get a bit too excited when I see a concert on TV that I like :lol:

Yeah it was actually! Ahh was quite fun to use, made IT times more interesting (because the IT in lower secondary school was so boring). I suppose its really interesting to see how actual music production has evolved over the years (although I still think it was cool how things weren't as mass produced - some of the original records my dad has are apparently quite rare as only so many were made)
I could probably have cut this in half word wise - but that would take a very long time :rofl:
Yeah that's true. Yeah that's also true Sometimes I prefer videos when it's just the band playing. Haha it works for the more 'serious' bands.
Within the space of a month? Wow that is impressive (that sounds so sarky but I can assure you it's not :rofl:)

Yeah, that's true. Haha the current generation don't know any different (unless they're actively looking to find out about older music etc. like you and I). Haha yeah true and I know what you mean! :lol: My mum calls some of the stuff my dad and I like (e.g. The Bunnymen) "weirdo music" :rofl: So yeah, I can relate there

Cool! I'll have to look for a Deep Purple one sometime Ah I do know what you mean I'm the same :lol: I also get really excited when I find a performance or whatever on YouTube about Echo and the Bunnymen that I haven't seen before :rofl: I remember early on in my College course, I watched this documentary one evening on independent record labels in the 80s, and it mentions The Bunnymen's record label and shows footage of them. We actually ended up watching it in a lesson and I was so excited that my favourite band was actually shown for everyone else to see :rofl: Weird

Yeah it is, though I do think the traditional way of recording with actual instruments is much better (yep I know exactly what you mean and I agree. Haha it's crazy, Joy Division gave out one of their singles for free at a concert. It's just strange as nowadays it's considered really historic music, but back then they were just handing it out for nothing )
Too late :rofl:
username1467365
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The National - Karen
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
username1567177
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZAAHUT3RDU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JqfsARAqvc

alternating between the two
LordMallard
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Deyesy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
November needs to hurry the hell up :excited:

||TheUnknown||
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I literally have orgasms listening to this.

username1467365
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Editors - Forgiveness
cookie123456789
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Am listening to Radiohead which is possibly the best band in the whole world
cookie123456789
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Radiohead
Nuclear Ghost
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Exit - Dubfire and Miss Kittin

Posted from TSR Mobile
cookie123456789
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Who else cries whilst when listen to Radiohead because their songs are so beautiful?
MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cookie123456789)
Who else cries whilst when listen to Radiohead because their songs are so beautiful?
At times. Yes. Lol.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
cookie123456789
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Am crying whilst listening to a Radiohead song called 'airbag'. It's just so beautiful. It's a work of art that makes me shed a tear every time.
username1467365
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Editors - The Law
MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cookie123456789)
Am crying whilst listening to a Radiohead song called 'airbag'. It's just so beautiful. It's a work of art that makes me shed a tear every time.
Sometimes I cry whilst listening to 'The Cure'. They bring my inner emotions out.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Nuclear Ghost
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Currently adoring Craig Richards' remix of dBRm's The Third Room. Feels like I'm ascending into nirvana.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
62.16%
No I haven't decided yet (48)
21.62%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed