• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Saw this on reddit

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474108054.021643.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  178.9 KB
    Never had you down as a Redditor. Or do you only use the LFC sub?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Never had you down as a Redditor. Or do you only use the LFC sub?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah I don't post or anything, just browse and laugh at funny things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Coutinho wasn't great for me.. good assist for the goal and some defence splitting passes but actually thought he gave away a lot of loose passes too. For me he doesn't currently get into the side ahead of Firmino, Lallana and Mane.
    Well yeah, I completely agree with you. 51 completed passes at 91% accuracy (2nd highest on team, after Matip) means that 5 loose passes he had, when tasked with being the primary creator for a team that was on the back foot for 55 minutes, is utterly shocking.

Never mind the fact that he created the first goal by himself, that the second came down his side, and he's two games removed from single-handedly dragging us back into the Arsenal game, and then putting them to bed too. Forget that he was actually fantastic at retaining the ball and showed excellent defensive maturity yesterday.
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    A big concern that barring Burton we've not kept a clean sheet yet this season.
    Of course, because it is unexpected that we wouldn't concede a goal when we've played from home 4 times out of 5, and played 4 of this season's expected top 7. On top of that, it is also hugely concerning to have minor defensive issues when all but one of our first choice defense hasn't had some kind of appearance issues this season, all whilst the team is undoubtedly doing well.

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see SUG back... 🙄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar dadddy)
    Well yeah, I completely agree with you. 51 completed passes at 91% accuracy (2nd highest on team, after Matip) means that 5 loose passes he had, when tasked with being the primary creator for a team that was on the back foot for 55 minutes, is utterly shocking.

Never mind the fact that he created the first goal by himself, that the second came down his side, and he's two games removed from single-handedly dragging us back into the Arsenal game, and then putting them to bed too. Forget that he was actually fantastic at retaining the ball and showed excellent defensive maturity yesterday.
    You're right - it wasn't just the passing, it was also the trying to run with the ball in the wrong areas and getting tackled which helped Chelsea turn us to attack in dangerous areas too.

Liverpool on the back foot for 55 minutes? What game were you watching.. we dominated them for the first 45 minutes and were just as good as them in the second half.

Primary creator? Klopp has turned us away from having to rely on just one or two players to create - so many players were fantastic yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    Everybody was brilliant yesterday (especially the CBs), but we definitely need to give special mention to Milner.

He's a midfielder playing LB so he's never gonna be perfect, but he's come up against Willian (+ Ivanovic) and Mahrez and made them look average.

Not only that, he's still getting forward and putting in quality crosses.
    Still a long way to go and many tests still to come, but perhaps Klopp was right about not buying a LB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Everybody was brilliant yesterday (especially the CBs), but we definitely need to give special mention to Milner.

He's a midfielder playing LB so he's never gonna be perfect, but he's come up against Willian (+ Ivanovic) and Mahrez and made them look average.

Not only that, he's still getting forward and putting in quality crosses.
    Still a long way to go and many tests still to come, but perhaps Klopp was right about not buying a LB?
    While it's commendable that he's playing out of position, I don't think you can give him extra credit for that. It's not like we're in the middle of an injury crises where he's been forced into it - Klopp has chosen that role for him and so he should be compared to any other LB and what we'd expect from them.

Be interesting to see how does against deep defences. He's quality on the ball and has a great cross but will the pressure to get up and down more (emphasis on the up to attack) and still cover against pacey attackers should be interesting to watch.

Line-up for Tuesday? I expect we'll see a lot of rotation..

Karius, Moreno, Lucas, (Sakho?), Can, Ings, Origi etc who all need minutes?

ReputationRep:
    While it's commendable that he's playing out of position, I don't think you can give him extra credit for that. It's not like we're in the middle of an injury crises where he's been forced into it - Klopp has chosen that role for him and so he should be compared to any other LB and what we'd expect from them.

Be interesting to see how does against deep defences. He's quality on the ball and has a great cross but will the pressure to get up and down more (emphasis on the up to attack) and still cover against pacey attackers should be interesting to watch.

Line-up for Tuesday? I expect we'll see a lot of rotation..

Karius, Moreno, Lucas, (Sakho?), Can, Ings, Origi etc who all need minutes?
    Well the reason I think he deserves this extra credit is because it's extremely difficult for a non defensive player to become defensive.
    It's so so difficult to develop the ability to sense danger early, especially if you're a fullback who will often get caught out of position or exploited if you aren't careful.

To put it simply, Milner is better defensively than Moreno and significantly better going forward. In the long run we obviously need a LB, but if Milner can continue as he is, I am more than happy having him in our defence this season.

Mahrez and Willian aren't exactly slow, but he still managed to defend competently and get forward well in those games too.

Karius will surely be in - Klopp needs to give him a full game really. Mignolet has done nothing to warrant being dropped in my opinion, so it could be a nice battle!!

ReputationRep:
    Lmfao tears, United twitter taking a huge L from Liverpool's account. Unreal.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Lmfao tears, United twitter taking a huge L from Liverpool's account. Unreal.

Pls link

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Pls link
    https://twitter.com/LFC/status/777542158953902081

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Firmino back in training, fit for tomorrow. Sakho still working on his fitness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Firmino back in training, fit for tomorrow. Sakho still working on his fitness.
    Good news, I'll keep him on FPL then

I wonde if Klopp will go with Coutinho or Sturridge against Hull?
    Did the latter get a significant injury against Chelsea?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Karius needs to start against Derby, and you imagine we'll see Moreno come back in for Milner at left-back. I think we should give Ings and Origi minutes (not necessarily a starting berth), given the fact they are both SO far away from starting PL matches right now.

I'd give Can and Grujic a start, too, and probably Coutinho too.

Klopp will go strong, though, judging on his words today. He's in it to win it, so expect to see a strong XI.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Karius needs to start against Derby, and you imagine we'll see Moreno come back in for Milner at left-back. I think we should give Ings and Origi minutes (not necessarily a starting berth), given the fact they are both SO far away from starting PL matches right now.

Klopp will go strong, though, judging on his words today. He's in it to win it, so expect to see a strong XI.
    Sounds like he's looking to play Firmino but I doubt he'll get more than 45 minutes if we're looking good.

Want to see him back in the side against Hull - Chelsea were lucky he was out injured because he would've terrorised them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Sounds like he's looking to play Firmino but I doubt he'll get more than 45 minutes if we're looking good.

Want to see him back in the side against Hull - Chelsea were lucky he was out injured because he would've terrorised them.
    Just underlines the fact that Klopp was right to resist the PL's obsession with acquisition this summer. He knew the talent of the players already on the books, he had faith in them, and he's being paid back MASSIVELY.

ReputationRep:

Tbh even our second string players look pretty good so we should rotate a little imo. At some point we're going to have to rely on more than 14 players so should try to give some game time when sensible.

......................Karius.... .........
    Clyne.... Lucas....Matip....Moreno
    ...........Henderson...Can...... ...
    Ings........Firmino...Coutinho.. .
    ................Origi........... ...

Something like that perhaps?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Tbh even our second string players look pretty good so we should rotate a little imo. At some point we're going to have to rely on more than 14 players so should try to give some game time when sensible.

......................Karius.... .........
    Clyne.... Lucas....Matip....Moreno
    ...........Henderson...Can...... ...
    Ings........Firmino...Coutinho.. .
    ................Origi........... ...

Something like that perhaps?
    I'd have that - but, should Can not be fit for any reason, I'd have Stewart in there. I'd be looking at giving Grujic 30/35 minutes, regardless of score.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have that - but, should Can not be fit for any reason, I'd have Stewart in there. I'd be looking at giving Grujic 30/35 minutes, regardless of score.
    Stewart played today for the U23s, so Can should start tomorrow.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.