This discussion is closed.
bluebubbles
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by MarMite411)
:rofl:

I think tomorrow will be an offers day. I don't think there are days allocated specifically for offers/rejections, its gung-ho from now on.

:woo:
Let's hope that's true! I'm in agreement that anything can happen from now on. Check Track Wed and Thursday too.
bluebubbles
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by QBC123)
I reckon its gonna be a rejection day whereby everyone who was beaten by an entrance exam taker will be rejected...

or as it is LSE it could be an action-less day!
Mmm, I don't know about that. Have they had enough time to grade the tests? I'd think they would start doing head-to-head comparisons this week and then do rejections late this week/early next week.

Do Home/EU students compete with those taking entrance exams? I thought that was only internationals...
MarMite411
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bluebubbles)
Mmm, I don't know about that. Have they had enough time to grade the tests? I'd think they would start doing head-to-head comparisons this week and then do rejections late this week/early next week.

Do Home/EU students compete with those taking entrance exams? I thought that was only internationals...
The foreigners (No I am not a BNP activist!) sat the test last Tuesday, and I assume that they themselves would have been the cream of the crop, thus, there may have been very few of them who took the test.

I think 6 days is a reasonable amount of time to have marked the tests and then compare the international applicants with the remaining applicants.

Remember, the tests were only taken by such applicants because LSE wants to see whether they are proficient in English and have the necessary critical thinking skills etc. I don't think much emphasis will be placed on the test results.

Those who do well/pass will probably then be compared with the remaining applicants on individual merit, and the test results may not be used as an additional tool.
nomad22
Report 9 years ago
uggh still waiting... a friend of mine just received his offer a BBB offer for politics and sociology, crap course but still an offer nonetheless lol...
Marcx89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't see how everyone assumes that we'll be compared to those who sat the test, we're not even in the same quota! Anyways, i saw that last year there was a bunch of offers on the tuesday of this week (which was the 18th).
Gatsby0202
Report 9 years ago
Do philo & econ applicants have to sit the entrance exam as well?
Marcx89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Gatsby0202)
Do philo & econ applicants have to sit the entrance exam as well?
It's too late for that lol, it was on the 10th of march. Plus apparently you're german, so you didn't need to do it in the first place.
Gatsby0202
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Marcx89)
It's too late for that lol, it was on the 10th of march. Plus apparently you're german, so you didn't need to do it in the first place.
Are you sure about that? I mean who else is taking the entrance exam except students with non-standard qualifications?
Marcx89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Gatsby0202)
Are you sure about that? I mean who else is taking the entrance exam except students with non-standard qualifications?
Well people with non standard qualifications, if you did the abitur then it's a standard one to LSE's eyes, same as the french baccalaureate for me. If you came from Norway then you would have had to sit the entrance exam because they don't recognize their qualifications as standard ones.
Srije
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
not long to go, hope they dont MISS their deadline like some other unis.
likeneverbefore
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Srije)
not long to go, hope they dont MISS their deadline like some other unis.
LSE have been known to give out decisions on 1st April....
facetious
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by likeneverbefore)
LSE have been known to give out decisions on 1st April....
Fabulous.:rolleyes:
bombay29
Report 9 years ago
For Law i'm not too sure, a LOT of people were rejected for Law last week. I received an offer form Warwick on Friday which will sweeten the blow anyways :woo:
So is it a good sign if we still haven't been rejected oor a bad sign that we haven't been given an offer yet either, lol
MarMite411
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bombay29)
So is it a good sign if we still haven't been rejected oor a bad sign that we haven't been given an offer yet either, lol
I think its a good thing. However, if we don't get an offer this week, I think we will be rejected.....

So this week, in my opinion, is pivotal. :woo:
Lord Roem
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sorry for the late update, I got an offer for Government and History (AAB) on Friday.

Sigh, how on earth can I make that?
bluebubbles
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think its a good thing. However, if we don't get an offer this week, I think we will be rejected.....

So this week, in my opinion, is pivotal. :woo:
Not necessarily...there were offers on the 31st last year.
But I smell a reply this week too. I applied to one of the most competitive courses but I'm the only person still here so I think they're just about done with their selection process.

I think most of the "smaller courses" will have almost all replies sent out this week.
MarMite411
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
But I smell a reply this week too. I applied to one of the most competitive courses but I'm the only person still here so I think they're just about done with their selection process.

I think most of the "smaller courses" will have almost all replies sent out this week.
Really? What course?

I'm still in the race for Law, so insh'Allah i'll get an offer some time this week.
dorice525
Report 9 years ago

Yes, I agree. I just dont see how people who applied for joint courses still havent heard yet. They tend to be smaller and have less applicants per place even though the competition is still fierce. I just dont understand why it has to take them so long to decide..... argh. They probably have already made up their mind but just enjoy the process of torturing us! Have been waiting for almost half a year now.... =(
bluebubbles
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Really? What course?

I'm still in the race for Law, so insh'Allah i'll get an offer some time this week.
I'm up for straight International Relations. I think someone else is doing IR and History but, as far as I know, no one else is up for straight IR. I really do think the fact that I applied on January 14th has something to do with it. I never received a Gathered email so maybe they just got to my application late. Lesson to learn: apply early, it really does matter.

Law is extremely competitive don't be surprised if you don't hear til NEXT week Good luck though!
black&blue
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Swayum)
I don't have a clue about OSSD, but maybe you can try converting it to UCAS points and seeing how many you get? AAA is apparently equivalent to 360 points according to UCAS.
It doesn't convert to UCAS points *sigh*
ah well, guess i'll have to see what offers the OSSD ppl get
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London School of Economics and Political Science
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (101)
19.65%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (210)
40.86%
Nope, not that interesting (203)
39.49%