Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Rumours flying about that Valbuena is about to join West Ham. I don't think Bielsa at Marseille rates him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where's this coming from? Best player that Marseille have. I call bull.

If he leaves, he isn't going to play for that fatso.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also, we're all talking like we don't have Cazorla =\

He's had an average season but even then its because of his injury problem at the start, and then probably wasn't able to get in his stride towards the end but I will alwaaaaaaays rate him

He absolutely killed his first season here, and even when spain brought him on in the WC he lifted them.

I think if we do get Sanchez and either Schniederlin or Khadira actually, we'll have such a good midfield - and will be able to cope

Szcz
    Debuchy Mert Kosc Gibbs
    Schiederlin/Khadira Ramsey
    Walcott Ozil Sanchez
    Giroud

Cazorla can easily play where Ozil would, and could fit in on the left which would allow Ozil, Sanchez and Cazorla to be rotated (to avoid or cover for injuries) Then we got Wilshere who could come in, we got Tommy, we got Ox, Gnabry, Arteta, Flamini,

In defence we would have Verm (should he stay), Jenko & Monreal

In terms of attack, we'd have poldi (though he would probably be used on the wing) Campbell, and hopefully a new ST. Or if needed, we could play Sanchez up top and have:

Walcott Ozil Cazorla
    Sanchez

Or:

Ozil Cazorla Poldi
    Giroud/Walcott

We would have so much versatility it would be unreal

That's a winning team, given that we have a strong core already
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    What's all this about Valbuena joining West Ham? I don't think Bielsa at Marseille rates him.
    Source? Surely he can do better than Allardyce's backwards football.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I wouldn't mind seeing Walcott played up top in cup games as he seems to be maturing there from recent performances and did a decent job there vs Tottenham.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Where's this coming from? Best player that Marseille have. I call bull.

If he leaves, he isn't going to play for that fatso.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fox Sport broke it. But it's true Bielsa doesn't rate him at all. Bielsa's weird like that he forced Llorente to train with the youth squad because of his move to Juventus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by sr90)
    Source? Surely he can do better than Allardyce's backwards football.
    Fox Sport claimed it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Fox Sport broke it. But it's true Bielsa doesn't rate him at all. Bielsa's weird like that he forced Llorente to train with the youth squad because of his move to Juventus.
    Bizarre, that. I'd take him at Old Trafford :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That was because Llorente decided to not sign a contract and was on his way to Juventus. I really doubt there's any truth in this, Valbuena is the progidy son at Marseille, his importance to them can't be stated enough.

Either way, he aint going to Sam.

Fox sport are the last people to know what is going on in french football. Dude man, they're using Daily star as their source :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Also, we're all talking like we don't have Cazorla =\

He's had an average season but even then its because of his injury problem at the start, and then probably wasn't able to get in his stride towards the end but I will alwaaaaaaays rate him

He absolutely killed his first season here, and even when spain brought him on in the WC he lifted them.

I think if we do get Sanchez and either Schniederlin or Khadira actually, we'll have such a good midfield - and will be able to cope

Szcz
    Debuchy Mert Kosc Gibbs
    Schiederlin/Khadira Ramsey
    Walcott Ozil Sanchez
    Giroud

Cazorla can easily play where Ozil would, and could fit in on the left which would allow Ozil, Sanchez and Cazorla to be rotated (to avoid or cover for injuries) Then we got Wilshere who could come in, we got Tommy, we got Ox, Gnabry, Arteta, Flamini,

In defence we would have Verm (should he stay), Jenko & Monreal

In terms of attack, we'd have poldi (though he would probably be used on the wing) Campbell, and hopefully a new ST. Or if needed, we could play Sanchez up top and have:

Walcott Ozil Cazorla
    Sanchez

Or:

Ozil Cazorla Poldi
    Giroud/Walcott

We would have so much versatility it would be unreal

That's a winning team, given that we have a strong core already
    2 weeks in and half of those players get injured :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...o-join-arsenal

its april fools everyday at goal.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    2 weeks in and half of those players get injured :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Most of our players got injured in pre-season ffs...

Then we were generally fine until another injury streak at the turn of the year. If the injuries we get are more spread out then we'll be fine I think. Also last season was the worst we've had injury wise for at least 3 seasons.

ReputationRep:
    Debuchy is done deal I am pleased as although aurier maybe slightly better. Debuchy is solid, played in the prem and wouldn't stunt jenkinson and important won't be going to African cup of nations, the period which is vital to a good season.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else think Arteta and Rosicky should vacate their numbers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lool, a bit harsh.

Reminds of how Szcz was number 13 for ages because Almunia still had the number one shirt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    rosickys number should be retired

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Give some of the younger members of the squad a chance to have their preferred numbers. Plus they are getting on now if we sign a DM they're appearance will be less anyway.

(Original post by B-Stacks)
    Lool, a bit harsh.

Reminds of how Szcz was number 13 for ages because Almunia still had the number one shirt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Out with the old and in with the new (Signings). tbf they're roles are becoming less and less in the first team. It's only fair they give Ramsey and Ox a chance at a number they want

ReputationRep:
    Disagree... Rosicky is a player who plays so hard and understands he's a squad player but when called upon you cc can never say he doesn't give it his all.. He deserves to keep the shirt number because of that.

ReputationRep:
    Give some of the younger members of the squad a chance to have their preferred numbers. Plus they are getting on now if we sign a DM they're appearance will be less anyway.

Out with the old and in with the new (Signings). tbf they're roles are becoming less and less in the first team. It's only fair they give Ramsey and Ox a chance at a number they want
    No, that's harsh. Unless they voluntarily give it up, we shouldn't do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Most of our players got injured in pre-season ffs...

Then we were generally fine until another injury streak at the turn of the year. If the injuries we get are more spread out then we'll be fine I think. Also last season was the worst we've had injury wise for at least 3 seasons.
    It's always peak how big players are injured for the big matches. Tbh imo you missed Walcott the most, it's ironic how he gets crocked whereas Giroud has an injury-free season :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    No, that's harsh. Unless they voluntarily give it up, we shouldn't do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not force them ffs. I meant they should give their numbers up through their own accord just like Diaby

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.