Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecconomist)
    I was going to go casual but all E&Mers last year went suit so I'm going to go for suit and shirt no tie (tutors will really not care how you're dressed to an obvious extent).
    Oh shoot I'm going smart casual :x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureOxford3)
    The people predicted an average score of 55 for shortlisting on the MAT thread.
    So does that mean I should've gotten an interview? I really don't understand what went wrong. CS/CSP is so male heavy as well. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathlete2198)
    So does that mean I should've gotten an interview? I really don't understand what went wrong. CS/CSP is so male heavy as well. :/
    Honestly I don't think that being female would give you an advantage at all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not you)
    Honestly I don't think that being female would give you an advantage at all...
    I know. But I would've thought they want more girls studying CS/CSP. That's why I'm just a bit confused if you get me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathlete2198)
    I know. But I would've thought they want more girls studying CS/CSP. That's why I'm just a bit confused if you get me?
    https://www.ox.ac.uk/media/global/ww...stics_2013.pdf

Go to the gender part, actually, the acceptance rate for female is lower. Thus, being female actually makes it harder ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureOxford3)
    https://www.ox.ac.uk/media/global/ww...stics_2013.pdf

Go to the gender part, actually, the acceptance rate for female is lower. Thus, being female actually makes it harder ....
    But hardly any girls usually apply. Less than 10 typically. And it's a relatively new course. Only been around since 2012.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzfeed23)
    Medics! How are you prepping for your interview?! I'm totally lost as to what to do!
    Just finished reading the relevant A-level textbooks in Bio and Chem (actually I don't know if it helped much since I'm from Finland and those books are obviously in Finnish, and I'm most worried about not knowing the vocabulary needed haha)
    And I've started going through some more detailed articles about the topics I mentioned in my personal statement and trying to absorb some information about the most important events in medicine and about the NHS... I honestly don't know if any of this will be useful but hey, I guess it's worth a shot

Which college are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    People who have done EPQs, is it worth bringing it along?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquaxo)
    My welcome letter from St. Peter's said:

"The College has wireless internet access. All interview candidates will be provided with guest login details upon arrival."
    Well, that's handy! I guess some colleges must provide internet access, then - just a warning to some people, there might not be wifi. You could always go into the town centre to try and connect to wifi, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarinet)
    People who have done EPQs, is it worth bringing it along?
    I'm not taking mine...but I guess there's no harm in taking it. Just make sure you know the main points you made and how you reached them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V.Puzzled)
    Hey I'm flying in to Magdalen tomorrow (for Law) in the welcome letter by the JCR it said that there would be no wifi, is this true? good luck with your interviews tomorrow!
    They lied there is bloody wifi! I've got tomorrow completely free no idea what I'm going to do. all my interviews are today just had politics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_mc)
    They lied there is bloody wifi! I've got tomorrow completely free no idea what I'm going to do. all my interviews are today just had politics!
    What was Politics like?

ReputationRep:
    I am meant to be arriving at Lincoln tomorrow evening and I haven't heard from them since I got my invitation to interview. Has any one else had an email about the accommodation arrangements or even just a confirmation?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, a bit of a silly question - will the college give us towels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeoNicole)
    Meant to be a college-life experience, not a hotel experience. I don't think they would provide towels.

ReputationRep:
    We don't need to bring any form of ID to interview, do we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sqr00t)
    Meant to be a college-life experience, not a hotel experience. I don't think they would provide towels.
    The one I'm at atm did, but they emailed beforehand to say that they would - but you should take one just in case.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Renaa;61123355]The one I'm at atm did, but they emailed beforehand to say that they would - but you should take one just in case.

I am slightly surprised! Hmmnn .-. which college are you at?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone at Keble?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeoNicole)
    Depends on the college. Did they give you an information leaflet to download? St. Hilda's did and it said they provided bedding and towels.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.