Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Xhaka was class

Imagine we had a striker that could convert? It was one of those games where you need a striker that will score one of the few chances he gets

ReputationRep:
    Walcott is AIDs on the wing as well. Chamberlain , there is hope for him. Zero for Walcott. I think Giroud up top and a rotational 3 of Sanchez, Chamberlain and a top class goalscoring winger could work. I think Draxler would end up around the level of Chamberlain in this league... but its an upgrade on Walcott.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You were miles better after Ozil came on. You'll beat Watford easily next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    You were miles better after Ozil came on. You'll beat Watford easily next week.
    World class player comes on and we play better, surprise surprise.

Theo is on 140k a week, man, thats painful.

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez is so ineffective unfront..

Love the guy but he can't play alone up top. So much more dangerous on the wing

Holding did well for me today. Considering Gabriel is a few weeks away, if it means that we spend on a RW and a ST then I'd be ok with no CB signing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)

We pay Schweinsteiger £200k a week to watch tennis matches.

ReputationRep:
    I was at the match today, thought oxlade chamberlain was your best player in the first half but looked a lot better when ozil came on. Thought you lack creativity as your outball was long too often imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Sanchez is so ineffective unfront..

Love the guy but he can't play alone up top. So much more dangerous on the wing

Holding did well for me today. Considering Gabriel is a few weeks away, if it means that we spend on a RW and a ST then I'd be ok with no CB signing
    Yeah, seriously baffled as to why we would rather get rid of Joel Campbell than Walcott.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    We pay Schweinsteiger £200k a week to watch tennis matches.
    You also just spent a world record fee for Pogba

You're United, you can essentially do whatever the **** you want in the market with your ******** revenue

I don't know which time of the year is worst for us.. The summer transfer window or the Feb-March crumble
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Walcott needs to go for the sake of his career, but with that contract who will touch him?

I think we're going to see a lot more of this now the PL has so much money. Players on huge contracts that just refuse to budge when it doesn't work out or they aren't playing, because they know they won't get the same deal anywhere else. Arsene Wenger knows this and I think this is one of the reasons why he's reluctant to spend.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, seriously baffled as to why we would rather get rid of Joel Campbell than Walcott.
    Our whole transfer policy is horseshit

I seriously don't know what the **** is gonna happen over the next two weeks, but if something doesn't then we're gonna have the same season we've had almost every year.

Ozil & Alexis will go and we'll go from needing one player to having to rebuild again.. It'll be like the 3rd or 4th time we've needed to rebuild an "almost" team

We're ****ing turning into Liverpool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Walcott needs to go for the sake of his career, but with that contract who will touch him?
    He's mid table level. But midtable teams can think of better ways to spend their money. We should have sold the guy to Liverpool when we had the chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)

I seriously don't know what the **** is gonna happen over the next two weeks, but if something doesn't then we're gonna have the same season we've had almost every year.

Ozil & Alexis will go and we'll go from needing one player to having to rebuild again.. It'll be like the 3rd or 4th time we've needed to rebuild an "almost" team

It's frustrating as hell because Ozil and Alexis are so good. But they must think to themselves that they are wasting their lives when they see Walcott and Giroud. Think about all of the times Ozil has fed those two perfect passes only to have them spurn the chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    I was at the match today, thought oxlade chamberlain was your best player in the first half but looked a lot better when ozil came on. Thought you lack creativity as your outball was long too often imo.
    There is hope for Chamberlain.

ReputationRep:
    Chamberlain needs to mature as footballer, improve his decision making and he'll be a very good player.

Also lol @ needing to pay the 600 employees at the club :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Chamberlain needs to mature as footballer, improve his decision making and he'll be a very good player.

Also lol @ needing to pay the 600 employees at the club :rofl:
    5 years on and we're still saying that line about Ox, interesting that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by SA-1)

Think Ozil will sign a new contract eventually. Alexis is gone unless you win a major trophy this year though, and who can really blame him? I'd love to have him at United though obviously you'd never sell to us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drandy76)
    5 years on and we're still saying that line about Ox, interesting that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah is progression has been ****, but we don't need to sell him.

Don't understand this about some fans, why are they so desperate to sell him? He's just turned 23, and it isn't like he's keeping better players out the squad? He's got time to improve (unlike Theo), and it's not like he'd get into a fully fit Arsenal team?

If anything, I'd keep him has a squad player and hope he'd improve.

Not aimed at you bdw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Think Ozil will sign a new contract eventually. Alexis is gone unless you win a major trophy this year though, and who can really blame him? I'd love to have him at United though obviously you'd never sell to us.
    Özil would be unreal anywhere he goes, it's such a shame that our finishing doesn't do him justice.

Alexis is a winner and will definitely leave if we don't win anything this season

ReputationRep:
    Sh*t performance. Don't recall a clear cut chance we created. Lucky not to give away a penalty and to finish with 11 men.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.