Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mint_chocolate)
    Hi, does anyone know if I have applied for clearing, do universities have to wait overnight to be able to see our results via UCAS?
    They're able to see your results now afaik if you're in clearing

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone know if I have applied for clearing, do universities have to wait overnight to be able to see our results via UCAS?
    They can see your application as soon as you give them your clearing number.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    Hi i really need help and im really frustrated so i got into my firm however because i hadnt completed these DBS checks and forms to fill in before late june it means now that i cant get in this year and would have to defer my place till next year. However i didnt recieve any email or anything through the post saying anything about these forms to complete however others unis did send this to me and i did complete and send it.

The uni has said they have sent it and there isnt anything they can do since they are "full".
    I feel its unfair that i cant go because of these checks that i didnt recieve that apparently cannot be done retrospectively. Is there anything i can do appeal? I really need some help
    That's a really tricky situation, I'm so sorry to hear that I don't really know what to suggest as unfortunately the university have the upper hand here, but if I were you I would submit a DBS application and submit the necessary paperwork ASAP, if possible. DBS takes about two weeks if I remember correctly, so it should get back before the start of term. It's a very slim chance, but probably the only way of having any chance at all.

That's really unprofessional of the university though Do you have your heart set on going there or would you consider enrolling elsewhere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    They can see your application as soon as you give them your clearing number.
    I have referred myself to them but my clearing number disappeared. Why is that?

ReputationRep:
    I have referred myself to them but my clearing number disappeared. Why is that?
    when you say referred do you mean you added them as a clearing choice?

ReputationRep:
    when you say referred do you mean you added them as a clearing choice?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    You're, like, 500 posts too early!
    I got...excited, alright?

ReputationRep:
    Can you get a maintenance grant if your 26 years old and want to go to uni

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    Because once you've found a place in clearing then you dont require the number anymore, assuming they accept you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SH0405)
    I got...excited, alright?
    That's fine . We're just keeping things nice and tidy here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    Can you get a maintenance grant if your 26 years old and want to go to uni
    If you haven't already used up your maximum years then yes!

ReputationRep:
    Because once you've found a place in clearing then you dont require the number anymore, assuming they accept you.
    So you mean I just have to wait for their decision, is that right?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else found that unis haven't asked for your clearing number? They've just asked for my long UCAS number

ReputationRep:
    So you mean I just have to wait for their decision, is that right?
    yes you do.

ReputationRep:
    what is the exact wording coming up on track?
    Firm : Congratulations! Your place at ........ to study .... is confirmed

Insurance : Your place is confirmed at this University if you're NOT accepted at your firm choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marccs)

Insurance : Your place is confirmed at this University if you're NOT accepted at your firm choice
    Oh then you re in but your insurance hadn't updated as they might not have realised you ve gotten into your firm yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marccs)

When you've met the requirements for your firm offer it's automatically upgraded to an unconditional. Quite simply, it means you're going to your firm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    That's a really tricky situation, I'm so sorry to hear that I don't really know what to suggest as unfortunately the university have the upper hand here, but if I were you I would submit a DBS application and submit the necessary paperwork ASAP, if possible. DBS takes about two weeks if I remember correctly, so it should get back before the start of term. It's a very slim chance, but probably the only way of having any chance at all.

That's really unprofessional of the university though Do you have your heart set on going there or would you consider enrolling elsewhere?
    So I sent a dBs for another uni which I received an offer which im happy to go to although I had my heart sat on this particular uni. Do you think the uni I had could send this dBs form to this other Uni? The problem is he said you can't fill this dBs form retrospectively I feel it's really unfair and I'm gutted any help is appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginalLifelin)
    I'm going to reapply and sit a couple more a levels. Not to Oxbridge though, I've had enough of them to be honest
    Don't shut the door to Oxbridge. You never know. there are people in your situation, who reapplied to Oxbridge and got in.

Manchester is also a good choice.

I think that as long as you have a strong application plus grades, it will be difficult to say no to you. Besides, if you have a decent internship or apprenticeship, then your case becomes stronger than others.

Also, please make use of all your 5 choices. I know that you may really love your firm choice, but it is good to have two shortlisted options with an insurance for any eventuality.

Don't be stressed about this situation. You can make the most of your year ahead.

All the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vlb206)
    If you haven't already used up your maximum years then yes!
    My sisters friend has never been uni before. She wants to go next year but she's 25 now. How does finance work...will she get the full grant and loan even if she's 25?

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.