Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
username156445
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by DancingCorpse)
I understand that totally, sometimes you just get so scared of everything that you become a prisoner in your own mind and it's so difficult to be free of that. I think you have to weigh up the positives and negatives and really think whether it would be beneficial to try to head to Spain again, cause you don't want to make things worse at all. :yes:
Cheers, this is the thing, got to weigh up the pros and cons but even after I've done that, who knows what's going to happen when I get there.

I haven't got the courage today so I'm just going to leave it at that. I go through the day, every few hours with a changed mind, argh, I dunno.
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Antimatter)
I hate Somerset.
That is all =)
weird. i lvoe somerset. where are you;. i'm sorry ait's -pu b might and im a litetle drunk becaus ei got drunk early and got sick of eberone.
basically
where ar you/.in someerset?
Antimatter
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by death.drop)
weird. i lvoe somerset. where are you;. i'm sorry ait's -pu b might and im a litetle drunk becaus ei got drunk early and got sick of eberone.
basically
where ar you/.in someerset?
Glasto. Sober yet?
Where are you? Depsoc Zummerzet meet? :awesome:
FM08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm interested to see what you guys are depressed about. What triggered it all, why has your feeling of depression continued?
Immunity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FM08)
I'm interested to see what you guys are depressed about. What triggered it all, why has your feeling of depression continued?
Any particular reason you want to know?
FM08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just trying to see why people are depressed. As in, sometimes I think to myself, me being depressed do I have good enough reasons to feel this way or not, and not just that but the duration of time for which I've felt this way? Sometimes comparing gives me a better idea just to see why other people are depressed.
diamonddust
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey Immunity, how are you? Hope you're ok. I can't be bothered to go back a page and see who else is online but :hugs: to you all.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FM08)
Wish I knew, then I could do something about it.
FM08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
lol, I also wish I knew a way to get out of the trap. I just don't know either! That's part of my frustration ... recently I'm becoming worried I'm clinically depressed, my dad has it, just been playign on my mind recently.
Srxjer
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Bah, I've been taking 40MG of Citalopram for about 3 months now. It has completely destroyed my sex drive, anyone else had this side effect? How did you cope?
FM08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Citalopram? ... what is that for may I ask? Depressions or something different? Defo rings a bell, hink I might have gone on that but didn't.
Immunity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FM08)
Just trying to see why people are depressed. As in, sometimes I think to myself, me being depressed do I have good enough reasons to feel this way or not, and not just that but the duration of time for which I've felt this way? Sometimes comparing gives me a better idea just to see why other people are depressed.
Sorry if I sounded harsh, I really didn't mean to. I was just curious as to why you wanted to know. I think I have identified my reasons, it is all to do with my past, am not really comfortable talking about it to anyone at the moment. It is still too raw, and hurts so much. Tbh sometimes people are depressed, even if they don't have reasons behind it. It is very hard to control how you feel, it often causes greater problems which I know from experience.

Hi diamonddust, how are you? :hugs:
erm I have had a rough time of late but am okay at the moment
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Srxjer)
Bah, I've been taking 40MG of Citalopram for about 3 months now. It has completely destroyed my sex drive, anyone else had this side effect? How did you cope?
That's a pretty common side effect I've heard, it generally wears off when you stop taking citalopram, but if it's really bothering you go back to your doctor and ask to be prescribed something else.

(Original post by FM08)
lol, I also wish I knew a way to get out of the trap. I just don't know either! That's part of my frustration ... recently I'm becoming worried I'm clinically depressed, my dad has it, just been playign on my mind recently.
Have you considered talking to a doctor?
Srxjer
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FM08)
Citalopram? ... what is that for may I ask? Depressions or something different? Defo rings a bell, hink I might have gone on that but didn't.
It's normally used to treat both Depression and Anxiety.

Sadly it's not really working very well for me.
Srxjer
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
That's a pretty common side effect I've heard, it generally wears off when you stop taking citalopram.
Yeah it's in the very long list of side effects I've just found.

but if it's really bothering you go back to your doctor and ask to be prescribed something else.
I may just do that, they're not really working anyway.
FM08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
That's a pretty common side effect I've heard, it generally wears off when you stop taking citalopram, but if it's really bothering you go back to your doctor and ask to be prescribed something else.

Have you considered talking to a doctor?
No I haven't. I've never really thought about depressions in a 'clinical depression' type way. It's only recently it's starting to make me think. This is because I have been pretty depressed for about a good 3 years. In those 3 years there have been very few (short) spells where I've been ok, but otherwise it's just been a constant low.

I kind of thought about my dad's state, and the duration of time of which I've been depressed .. whether it's still just unfortunate in regards to circumstances or whether it's a bit more serious than depression, eg clinical.

But I've also been thinking that I might go Uni, and see what happens there first. Because that will provide me with opportunities I've found very difficult to find at home. And then I'll go from there I think, so I thought it would be best to go Uni this September, give it a while and then maybe I would see a doctor about this if I still felt down and couldn't enjoy life.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FM08)
No I haven't. I've never really thought about depressions in a 'clinical depression' type way. It's only recently it's starting to make me think. This is because I have been pretty depressed for about a good 3 years. In those 3 years there have been very few (short) spells where I've been ok, but otherwise it's just been a constant low.

I kind of thought about my dad's state, and the duration of time of which I've been depressed .. whether it's still just unfortunate in regards to circumstances or whether it's a bit more serious than depression, eg clinical.

But I've also been thinking that I might go Uni, and see what happens there first. Because that will provide me with opportunities I've found very difficult to find at home. And then I'll go from there I think, so I thought it would be best to go Uni this September, give it a while and then maybe I would see a doctor about this if I still felt down and couldn't enjoy life.
Yeah, I think it's a good idea to see what happens at uni, you'll be in completely new circumstances, forced to make friends, loads and loads of stuff to do all the time, and hopefully it'll make you feel a bit better. However, uni with depression can be really tough, I dunno if your concentration is affected or anything but it can make studying and making the most of all the new opportunities really hard. Perhaps just watch how you feel for now and if you start to feel like hurting yourself or worse then speak to a doctor before you go to uni.

Srxjer: you were probably told this by your doctor, but antidepressants take a while to kick in like 8weeks or so, so they should really have started working by now if they were going to. So maybe a change is a good idea.
FM08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh no, I'm not hurting myself or anything like that. People who know me think I'm just a normal kid, but I feel so numb of life and it's not like you can talk to people about stuff that openly, they go 'are you alright' if you go no and they ask why, you go into details and they'll be starstruck so it's just not right.

But I agree with the Uni thing. One thing I don't know if other people find, is that social interaction is essential in keeping my state of mind balanced. When I go through periods on my own, I get into that negative spiral. And it's not like I want to reject people but things haven't worked out. And that obviously affects one confidence. Hopefully I can put this right at Uni and once I'm in a stable environment, my state of mind can improve as a whole hopefully.

I think Ill be ok with the work in relation to depression, but then again I don't know. But I battled a psychosis and depression during my whole 3 years of 6th form and initially failed my AS's .. 3 U's .. but am going Uni now so I've got a steely determination about me and failure not being an option!
Elements
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FM08)
Oh no, I'm not hurting myself or anything like that. People who know me think I'm just a normal kid, but I feel so numb of life and it's not like you can talk to people about stuff that openly, they go 'are you alright' if you go no and they ask why, you go into details and they'll be starstruck so it's just not right.

But I agree with the Uni thing. One thing I don't know if other people find, is that social interaction is essential in keeping my state of mind balanced. When I go through periods on my own, I get into that negative spiral. And it's not like I want to reject people but things haven't worked out. And that obviously affects one confidence. Hopefully I can put this right at Uni and once I'm in a stable environment, my state of mind can improve as a whole hopefully.

I think Ill be ok with the work in relation to depression, but then again I don't know. But I battled a psychosis and depression during my whole 3 years of 6th form and initially failed my AS's .. 3 U's .. but am going Uni now so I've got a steely determination about me and failure not being an option!
Not everyone who is clinically depressed self-harms.
FM08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ye I didnt say that. But ye I see what you#re saying.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (212)
39.41%
No - but I will (38)
7.06%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.69%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (252)
46.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise