Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    so much for the media saying fernebache would be a hard test.....

ReputationRep:
    Seems like Podolski might be used up from this season. Hopefully that means we'll be bringing in a winger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well played the Arsenal!

Ramsey, Szczesny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Jenko take a bow son

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Seems like Podolski might be used up from this season. Hopefully that means we'll be bringing in a winger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I want to see podolski play up front once in a while tbh

ReputationRep:
    I hope this doesn't lull Wenger into believing our squad is good enough. That was a very good performance under the circumstances, but in truth Fenerbahce were exceptionally poor.

Szczesny and Ramsey were amazing today. Great sign.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Great result (if it continues like this) - can basically tell any targets that you're basically in the CL group stages + will get another 30mil+ from CL tv money alone.
    More money for the board to pocket!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    I hope this doesn't lull Wenger into believing our squad is good enough. That was a very good performance under the circumstances, but in truth Fenerbahce were exceptionally poor.

Szczesny and Ramsey were amazing today. Great sign.
    I think Wenger has decided what he's gonna do and no football result is gonna change that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I want to see more of Podolski, but good result eh guys?

ReputationRep:
    Fans happy, gazidis pockets are happy. Job done, don't need to buy any world class players:d that's what he'll be thinking. We must not ease up on wenger just because of this. But very well done to the players looked decent against a poor side tonight

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wilshere was proper driving forward today. Wanna see more of that from him. So good to see him do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RocaBear)
    I want to see podolski play up front once in a while tbh
    We saw it last season when Giroud was suspended. It was rubbish

ReputationRep:
    Good team performance there. Fener were **** but you still have to get the goals. Ramsey in particular impressed me, didn't think he had it in him at times last season. Maybe Wenger will rest a couple in the home tie for the NLD.

ReputationRep:
    Great win, but there's no depth in the squad. I hope Wenger makes some signings soon and quick.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe people are seriously considering the possibility that this win will have any chance of changing Wenger and the board's position on transfers :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    well a good win away from home today but that doesn't change the fact that our squad is paper-thin and fenerbache were equally as bad as we were good...i bet wenger comes out and says we don't need anyone now cos we played so well away from home

ReputationRep:
    santi cazorla = mini zidane

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billa Bong)
    i bet wenger comes out and says we don't need anyone now cos we played so well away from home
    kindly stfu

ReputationRep:
    The transfers should flood in now. We've practically secured progression to the Group Stages. If my thoery is right and lots of deals were on hold until after this was secured, movement needs to happen in the next week. If nothing happens in the next week then nothing will happen in the days following the second leg - they will be panic buys.

Players don't need anymore convincing to come here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLG Doublelift)
    santi cazorla = mini zidane
    Some of the passes he sees is unbelievable and makes me think he's on a different page to the rest of the team. I hope he stays in the middle because he pulls the strings for us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    The transfers should flood in now. We've practically secured progression to the Group Stages. If my thoery is right and lots of deals were on hold until after this was secured, movement needs to happen in the next week. If nothing happens in the next week then nothing will happen in the days following the second leg - they will be panic buys.

Players don't need anymore convincing to come here.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.