The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by magic_is_might
same! (though my first was for politics). did your second also have a passage or just one of them? (also side question, are you going to the meet up tonight?)

No, I did not have a source/extract interview, I had one on the submitted essay :smile: and I'm not unfortunately!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maella
If anybody has had their English interviews, how did you feel that they went? I left Oxford yesterday and didn't catch a chance to ask any English applicants in particular how they thought theirs went :frown:

I thought that my text-analysing interview went pretty well, but the more general one went awfully. I said loads of stupid comments and the tutor looked at me really confused the whole time

How were yours?
did anyone else just say the most ridiculous things in their interviews?
Original post by cakeislife
Is it normal to have an interview at a second college? or more normal not to? So far I only know of when my interviews for the college I've applied to are, but I don't have any for any other colleges

Hi - either is entirely normal. I was really worried when I didn't get any interviews at other colleges last year, but it turned out it didn't matter after all. The same goes for if you ARE eventually given extra interviews - that's very common, and nothing to read into :smile:
Original post by AzizanW
I see haha. I was informed that other colleges might contact me. I hope to just get Exeter though! It's really where I want to be haha

Well Hugh's called me for interview and my Hugh's interview went a lot better than my Keble one did so I expected to be accepted at Hugh's, but it turned out that I got into Keble (my first choice) anyway, which was where I really wanted to be! Hope that's a reassurance to you haha!
Original post by Eux
Anyone currently staying at worcester know if you get wifi access or not?

Hi, i'm at worcester right now. There is no wifi access :frown:
Original post by Tizzydag
Hi, i'm at worcester right now. There is no wifi access :frown:

Oh okay. What's it like, and is there much to do around college? Also what times do you go down for meals?
Original post by Eux
Oh okay. What's it like, and is there much to do around college? Also what times do you go down for meals?

Its quite nice, open ground. There aren't many people around tbh. JCR is decent, kinda awkward since nobody knows each other. The town centre is 2 minutes walk and it has a few nice shops, places to eat, get stuff for your room to chill. You are gonna have a lot of downtime so you should probably plan what you will do since interviews are like 30 mins max. There's a good bar around the corner next to 'yo sushi' so if you are into the football then you should head there. Breakfast is 8-10am, lunch 12-2pm, dinner 5-7pm. Food is really good. Rooms are good, you get your own room, ensuite. When are you gonna be here?
Does anyone know what Medicine interviews focus on? Or is it a mixture of personal statement, general questions and scientific ones? :smile:
Just had all my interviews at Harris Manchester Jurisprudence.

Had a wonderful time and really love the college,
Original post by 430
Same days here, except for Maths :smile: Good luck!

Thanks you too, how do you think the MAT went?
Original post by GoldStarStickers
I can't help with the computer science side, but I'm at St Annes then as well! Was starting to worry that I hadn't seen anyone else on here who would be there :colondollar:

Ive seen I think 3 TSR members that have said they will be there at that time, so there may be only a few of us there! Although I imagine there will be more. What have you applied for?
Can you still get in if you performed at the interview really badly?
Original post by Tizzydag
Its quite nice, open ground. There aren't many people around tbh. JCR is decent, kinda awkward since nobody knows each other. The town centre is 2 minutes walk and it has a few nice shops, places to eat, get stuff for your room to chill. You are gonna have a lot of downtime so you should probably plan what you will do since interviews are like 30 mins max. There's a good bar around the corner next to 'yo sushi' so if you are into the football then you should head there. Breakfast is 8-10am, lunch 12-2pm, dinner 5-7pm. Food is really good. Rooms are good, you get your own room, ensuite. When are you gonna be here?

Sunday 13th. I thought Worcester was a relatively large college so would have quite a few people there to be interviewed at any time
Reply 9493
Original post by danniegee
Oh, OK - I hope it went well :wink:

Not really sure but i enjoyed it :smile:

Have you had yours yet? If so how did they go?
Original post by patricio_miguel
Can you still get in if you performed at the interview really badly?

Course you can. If you think you did badly it's usually because they pushed you, which is what they're meant to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had my second Law interview today, was a lot harder than the first :/ Swings and roundabouts I suppose

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eux
Sunday 13th. I thought Worcester was a relatively large college so would have quite a few people there to be interviewed at any time

Are you there on Sunday for medicine? Just asking because I'm at Worcester on Sunday too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by simbasdragon
I thought that my text-analysing interview went pretty well, but the more general one went awfully. I said loads of stupid comments and the tutor looked at me really confused the whole time

How were yours?

I thought the text-analysis went okay too and the general one less well haha. Where did you interview at? If it's any conciliation I was answering a question and one of the tutors cut me off because (I assume) I was taking too long, and later in the interview I noticed she was staring into space behind me...
Original post by Pythian
Just had all my interviews at Harris Manchester Jurisprudence.

Had a wonderful time and really love the college,

I interviewed at HMC too! It's got such a nice feel about it and I like the fact that the college principle interviews every candidate too.
Original post by MHI
Not really sure but i enjoyed it :smile:

Have you had yours yet? If so how did they go?

To be honest, I genuinely think that enjoying it is the most important thing :smile:

Yeah, I had my first interview a year ago today, and my second one a year ago tomorrow. I think they must have gone well because I'm a St John's student now, but I didn't think this at the time :biggrin:

Latest