Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    That's it Karius <3

Saved Henderson there!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    That's it Karius <3

Saved Henderson there!!
    Very sloppy from Henderson there. If that was Migs he would have been caught in no mans land. At least Karius was decisive there.

ReputationRep:
    Kariusssss

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Very sloppy from Henderson there. If that was Migs he would have been caught in no mans land. At least Karius was decisive there.
    That's exactly it. If the keeper gets beat there, fair enough, but at least he made his decision early. Like you said, Mignolet would've hesitated for a second and it'd probably be 1-1.

Bent may be old but he knows where the goal is - the best option was a race to the ball and Karius got it spot on there.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Coutinho 2-0. Deserved.

ReputationRep:
    Wow that was so easy.

Makes things so much more comfortably though - I'd expect Klopp to take a few players off soon.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    3-0 Origi.

ReputationRep:
    Lovely finish by Origi!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474401391.344718.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  163.3 KB

Looks like we have ourselves a sweeper keeper

He's still a little sluggish on the ball and a little risky at times, but he's very confident and decisive.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus we're so good

ReputationRep:
    Its a Championship team...

inb4 we get beat by League One team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Its a Championship team...

inb4 we get beat by League One team.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474401979.965592.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  55.8 KB
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474401391.344718.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  163.3 KB

Looks like we have ourselves a sweeper keeper

He's still a little sluggish on the ball and a little risky at times, but he's very confident and decisive.
    To be fair he's playing a side who have scored 2 goals all season, can't blame him for wanting to see some of the ball! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    To be fair he's playing a side who have scored 2 goals all season, can't blame him for wanting to see some of the ball! :lol:
    Well it's becoming a them for foreign keepers nowadays - Neuer practically plays on the halfway line and Bravo was extremely high up for City at times too.

There's no doubt Karius' decisiveness will get him caught out once or twice - he might come for a ball and lose a race - but he's looked very assured and confident which is a great sign.

I was reading up on him earlier and it seems like the big weakness to his game is crosses, so I'd advise people to keep an eye on that.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Well it's becoming a them for foreign keepers nowadays - Neuer practically plays on the halfway line and Bravo was extremely high up for City at times too.

There's no doubt Karius' decisiveness will get him caught out once or twice - he might come for a ball and lose a race - but he's looked very assured and confident which is a great sign.

I was reading up on him earlier and it seems like the big weakness to his game is crosses, so I'd advise people to keep an eye on that.
    Let's hope Zlatan can have some fun with him when we play you in a few weeks then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Let's hope Zlatan can have some fun with him when we play you in a few weeks then.
    On that note, Karius just came out for a corner and didn't get to the ball

Tbh the only way I can see you guys beating us is Mourinho parking the bus and playing for set pieces.

ReputationRep:
    I know it's only Derby, but Karius has the same number of clean sheets as Mignolet this season...after playing only one game
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Good run out tonight, and a good result.

Firmino was tormenter in chief, wasn't he? A brilliant performance from him, with clever interplay with Coutinho in the upper end of the pitch. In truth, Firmino should have scored - his performance definitely warranted a goal - and he will have been disappointed not to.*

Coutinho, too, seems to have rediscovered that spark and that ball he laid on for Origi was perfectly weighted. I felt Origi led the line well, and I was pleased to see Ings look lively and useful after his introduction.

I felt Henderson, Grujic and Lucas all had quiet games, but Derby were poor and didn't pressurise us at all, so it was probably not a game for the midfielders to shine in. The former was lucky not to gift the Rams a goal when he misplaced that first-half pass, but Karius was exceptional in getting out and extinguishing the threat of Bent. Will he start at the weekend? Time will tell.

Klavan put in a solid performance and likely makes it even harder for Sakho to get time, and Moreno did himself no harm by exhibiting threatening pace down the left flank, which is a far cry from Milner.

ReputationRep:
    Another good result and performance even with some rotation. No injuries picked up and some fitness gained.

19 goals in 7 games (and the fourth match the Reds have scored three goals or more this season.

Klavan was our 10th different goalscorer this season.

Sterner tests will be ahead but no reason to not be confident against Hull at home this weekend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Another good result and performance even with some rotation. No injuries picked up and some fitness gained.

19 goals in 7 games (and the fourth match the Reds have scored three goals or more this season.

Klavan was our 10th different goalscorer this season.

Sterner tests will be ahead but no reason to not be confident against Hull at home this weekend.
    After being so brilliant recently, losing to Hull at home would be too Liverpool to beat...

This is a really important game and not just because of the three points. We need to prove to ourselves that Burnley was just a blip and nothing more. A loss to Hull just reinforces the perception that we can't beat lesser sides.

The only thing setting us apart from the teams above us is consistency. We might not be full of world class players but we have an effective system and players well suited to it. On our day we can beat any team in the league, but showing our quality 38 times in a season has been a problem for us in recent years.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.